The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

The Tube should not effect your cheers program at all. the worst that happens is it's free lol... not gonna happen. You just pay for it seperate, I'm sure Carnival will be happy to sell it to you.

As far as the frozen drinks... If you order it and give it to him when the waiter leaves, there shouldn't be a problem. I doubt anyone will run his card to make sure he bought it on his account lol.

As for when new ships get it... Nobody knows except carnival.

It goes on your sign and sale account. Which means that they will increase your credit card hold to cover the program (600 or so on a 6 day) plus another amount. I would reccomend if you are positive you are going to get the cheers program to buy the carnival cash online with your credit card to cover that, and add your credit card to the account after you sign up at the pursers office, this way the hold on your credit card will not be enormous. This is what I am doing, at least, only I will do a cash account onboard, and leave an extra 20.00 in the account, as we do not do anything on the boat that costs money, or carnival shore excursions. We only buy alcohol, and cheers will cover us the entire trip.

Edited by pbsteve

Thanks again for the fast answer! We are still not sure we are going to purchase it, but we did just get $100 in obc, so that makes it a little easier to swallow...pun intended. We pay cash for everything so we'll just bring enough to cover Cheers and anything else we might want. :)

We set up a cash account onboard. On day 2, my husband took down the cash for cheers for his stateroom (he was booked with 2 of the kids). He paid for the program for the remainder of our 5 day cruise. It was a little under $200 for the 4 days. You can only buy it on day 1 or 2.

He couldn't decide what to do about cheers, but once he saw the $50 tab from night one he decided to do it. It worked out great.

We set up a cash account onboard. On day 2, my husband took down the cash for cheers for his stateroom (he was booked with 2 of the kids). He paid for the program for the remainder of our 5 day cruise. It was a little under $200 for the 4 days. You can only buy it on day 1 or 2.

He couldn't decide what to do about cheers, but once he saw the $50 tab from night one he decided to do it. It worked out great.

So how does the Cheers program work on the day of boarding? Or would it be just as good to start the drink deal the second day of the cruise (especially for me since my second day is HMC!) I'm not a big drinker, but this would allow me to have a Bloody Mary at breakfast, and a beer on deck without worrying about how much I'm spending.

Thanks so much for all this info!

Jan

You can sign up on either the embarkment day, or the next day at the bar, after that, you missed the boat. You will pay for whatever is left in your cruise, so if you have a 6 day, and sign up day one, you pay for 6 days (about 300) if you sign up on day 2, you pay about 250, but anything you drank on the embarkment day, you pay for on it's own. Just remember until you have paid for the cheers program, you pay for every drink on it's own, even if you order a drink at the bar when waiting to sign up.

I know that I drink the most on the embarkement day, so my first stop will be the bar to sign up, since I enjoy having the DOD the moment I get to the lido deck while waiting for my room to be ready, and typically keep drinking them till my room is ready.

If you drink more than 50.00 worth of alcohol a day. it's worth it ( IE if you drink more than 300 for the whole cruise, get the program)

You can sign up on either the embarkment day, or the next day at the bar, after that, you missed the boat. You will pay for whatever is left in your cruise, so if you have a 6 day, and sign up day one, you pay for 6 days (about 300) if you sign up on day 2, you pay about 250, but anything you drank on the embarkment day, you pay for on it's own. Just remember until you have paid for the cheers program, you pay for every drink on it's own, even if you order a drink at the bar when waiting to sign up.

I know that I drink the most on the embarkement day, so my first stop will be the bar to sign up, since I enjoy having the DOD the moment I get to the lido deck while waiting for my room to be ready, and typically keep drinking them till my room is ready.

If you drink more than 50.00 worth of alcohol a day. it's worth it ( IE if you drink more than 300 for the whole cruise, get the program)

That's good to know. I was just coming here to ask for clarification because I just read on another post that if you purchase day 2 (you are still charged for the entire cruise) and they will credit back any day 1 drinks you purchased.

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk HD.

Used cheers on our Breeze cruise and I had no problem getting a drink for my hubby & me or vice versa at the bars, just needed the 2 cards. The service was awesome, we tipped a dollar here and there. It was great !!

So how does the Cheers program work on the day of boarding? Or would it be just as good to start the drink deal the second day of the cruise (especially for me since my second day is HMC!) I'm not a big drinker, but this would allow me to have a Bloody Mary at breakfast, and a beer on deck without worrying about how much I'm spending.

Thanks so much for all this info!

Jan

If you are only going to be drinking 3 or 4 drinks a day then the program will cost you more than just purchasing the drinks.

I'm a morning Bloody Mary drinker also and didn't discover (and wasn't told) that during the morning Bloody Mary drink special you can get a double and it's still under the $10 limit so it works with the Cheers program.

I had taken literally that you couldn't get doubles, but that's only if the double price exceeds the $10 limit.

Also, order the best quality liquor that you can. My sister drinks scotch and water and normally just orders the well scotch which is Dewer's. But under the Cheers program she started asking for the Johnny Walker Black which she thinks is a much better scotch.

I am still confused about this Cheers program.

Below is the 4-day cruise we are booked on.

I can't see a need for the Cheers program on the day we depart (Thu 4:00pm), since the day is almost over. Anyway, I guess you can sign up for it on the next day (Fri).

So, I guess you would be paying for 3 days (Fri-Sat-Sun)

I can't see how they could make you pay for the last day (Mon), since you get back to Miami at 8:00 in the morning:

Thu ......Depart Miami ......4:00 PM

Fri ....... Key West ...........7:30 AM - 2:00 PM .......Cheers

Sat ...... Cozumel ............1:00 PM - 10:00 PM ......Cheers

Sun ...... At Sea ................................................Cheers

Mon ......Arrive Miami .......8:00 AM

Question ... Is this how the program works?

Will I be charged for 3 days of Cheers on a 4-day cruise?

Actually, it's a bad idea to have the Cheers program on the day we will be in Cosumel too, since your off the ship from 1:00pm until 10:00pm, but I guess you just loose out on that day .... Carnival's gain!

We will be sailing on the Magic in May and definately plan on purchasing the cheers program. Our only minor concern is the first day. We are sailing out of Galveston and Texas has some strange liquor laws. Apparently the cheers program on the Magic can not be purchased until the 2nd day. We often drink the most on that first day because our vacation has just kicked off. :) I would love to know if they do in fact credit your fist day of drinking when you purchase on the 2nd day, or if you just pay as you go on the 1st day and start cheers on the 2nd day with only a 6 day fee. I thought of bonvoyage that first day to cover but I have also heard that because of Texas laws bonvoyage purchases will not be delivered until the 2nd day. Not sure why they could not just offer the Cheers program after sail away on the first day????

Anyone know about this ???

I can't see a need for the Cheers program on the day we depart (Thu 4:00pm), since the day is almost over. Anyway, I guess you can sign up for it on the next day (Fri).

I can't see how they could make you pay for the last day (Mon), since you get back to Miami at 8:00 in the morning:

Actually, it's a bad idea to have the Cheers program on the day we will be in Cosumel too, since your off the ship from 1:00pm until 10:00pm, but I guess you just loose out on that day .... Carnival's gain!

If you are only going to be drinking 3 or 4 drinks a day then the program will cost you more than just purchasing the drinks.

I'm a morning Bloody Mary drinker also and didn't discover (and wasn't told) that during the morning Bloody Mary drink special you can get a double and it's still under the $10 limit so it works with the Cheers program.

I had taken literally that you couldn't get doubles, but that's only if the double price exceeds the $10 limit.

Also, order the best quality liquor that you can. My sister drinks scotch and water and normally just orders the well scotch which is Dewer's. But under the Cheers program she started asking for the Johnny Walker Black which she thinks is a much better scotch.

On the cruises I've taken, I normally don't have a Bloody Mary in the morning, or more than one drink during the day, because I like to drink a little more in the evening, and frankly, I would prefer to spend my money on something more tangible, like jewelry!

I think the Cheers program will benefit me because I can have a drink when I want it throughout the day--I figure with the price of the drinks I normally have in the evening, I will break even at about drink 6 or 7. I am not usually a big drinker, but on vacation, with someone else driving, and spreading my drinks throughout the day if I want...I think I will enjoy myself! And I have not been "drunk" in many,many years!

Hmmm...the Cheers program may help me get a little more "happy", though.

So....I can ask for Grey Goose?? Yay me.

Someone had said that sodas count towards 15. I've recieved a response from carnival with a definitive answer, as I wanted to confirm if maybe some boats have different rules.:

QUESTION: Do different boats have different rules?

ANSWER: NO, however it is a test program, and can change at any time

QUESTION: Do milkshakes count?

ANSWER: NO, these are considered specialty non alcoholic drinks

QUESTION: I'm trying to calculate if its worth it, How much does alcohol cost onboard?

Answer: AS OF 2/1/2013 (15% MANDITORY GRATUITY IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE LISTED)

Draft Beers prices

$5,50 (16oz) and $28,95 (a tube of 101oz) for "Modelo Especial", "Dos Equis", "Presidente", "FROG'S PINT" (20oz)

The Carnival's Thirsty Red Frog beer price is: $5,50 (20oz), $15,75 (60oz), $25,75 (101oz).

$ Carnival Beer Package

The Carnival beer bucket prices are discounted - for 4 bottled beers in a bucket (plastic or aluminum bottles), purchased on the ship, domestic brands from the menu. You save $2 on the bucket ($0,50 a beer) plus you save the 15% gratuity on the $2 ($0,30 additional savings). The cost of a beer bucket depends on the brand, you can also mix and match beers, sometimes there are specials if you buy 4 beers you get the 5th one for free in the bucket.

$6,75 Foster's (25oz, 750ml)

The same price goes for a fun shandy - the "BLUE'S MICHELADA" beer cocktail from "The Blue Iguana" bar menu (beer plus fresh lime juice, Worchestershire, Tobasco) or from the "RedFrog" bar menu - the"RED'S BEER COCKTAIL" (beer with Captain Morgan's SpicedRum).

$6,25 Bud Lite Lime (16oz)

$5,95 Bottled Beers (16oz)

Boddingtons

Grolsch

Guinness Pub Draught

$5,75 Bottled Beer (16oz)

Bud, Bud Light

Budweiser

Coors Light

Michelob Ultra

Miller Lite

Smirnoff Ice (12oz, malt beer).

$4,95 Bottled Beers (12oz)

Amstel (Reg/Light)

Bass Ale

Beck's

Blue Moon

Corona, Corona Light (Mexico)

Dos Equis (Mexico)

Heineken

Kalik (The Bahamas)

Molson

Pilsner Urquell

Presidente (Dominican Republic)

Red Stripe (Jamaica)

Sol

Pacifico

Stella Artois

Tekate

Peroni, Birra Moretti (Cucina del Capitano).

$3,95 Non-Alcoholic Beer - Buckler (12oz).

Now about the liquor - the cost of alcohol on Carnival cruise ships by the glass and by the bottle:

Carnival Cruise Alcohol Brands prices per glass prices per bottle

Carnival cruise souvenir glasses prices (all cruise long refils with frozen cocktails at discounted prices):

32oz "Bikini Yard" glass (refills at $18,95)

28oz "Twister" glass (refills at $16,95)

19oz "Yard" glass (refills at $10,95)

16oz "Fun" glass (refills at $7,25)

"Monkey Head", Puffer Fish" & "Whale Tail" glasses (all available for purchasing only on the 1st day as DOD - Drink of the Day - promo), total cost $14,95 (with a $8,95 cocktail)

$22,75

$19.75

$12,75

$9,95

$6,00

"Pirate's Skull" (take glass home + $10)

$14,95

"Pitchers of Spiked Lemonade (48oz, with Skyy Vodka)

$24,95

"Pirate's Skull" (take glass home + $10)

$14,95

"Souvenir Disco Ball glass with Rum Punch Fever"

$12,95

Carnival (mixed drinks) COCKTAILS/FROZENS/SHOOTERS/DAIQUIRIS/MOJITOS prices

Red's Rum Treasure (16oz)

$10,95 -.

Carnival Cosmo, Long Island, Margarita Miracle; Limoncello Martini (Cucina del Capitano)

$8,95

The Superstar, Perfect Harmony, Mango Mojito, The Rock Star Margarita, Patron Ablaze, Spicy Mix, Cali Sound, Jager-Rita, Long Island Iced Tea, Bloody Mary, DJ, Turn-Table, The Clubber, Souvenir Disco Ball, The Cruiser, Mojito, Mai Tai, Sex On The Beach, Royal Flush, Beachcomber, Red's Remedy, Rum Runner Jumper, Frog's Island Iced Tea, Dirty Mojito, Ting Mojito; Americano (Cucina del Capitano, Stolichnaya vodka)

$8,75

"The Fun Ship" drink price for a 15oz souvenir glass (refill the glass for $6,75)

$7,50

The Twilight Zone, Miami Vice, Dirty Banana, Mudside, Rum Runner, Frozen Cappuccino, Mango Swirl, Hurricane Wave, Kiss on the Lips, Mocha Chocolate Getaway, Shade-Ade, Caribbean Colada, Mango Magic, Blue's Blue Margarita, Mimosa, Red's Strawberry Daiquiri (non-alcoholic for $4,75)

$7,25

Peach Bellini (Cucina del Capitano, Prosecco)

$6,75

The Red Temptation, Spicey Love Song, Kamikaze, Woo Woo (discounted 4 for $20), Electronic, Pop, Hip Pop, Rock

$5,95

Daiquiri (Banana, Strawberry, Mango, Pina Colada, Raspberry, Lemonade, Peach, Hurricane)

$5,25

for non-alcoholic

$4,75

MARTINIS prices

Tiramisu, Appletini, Pomtini, Saketini, Cosmopolitan, Bluemoon, Beautiful Girl, Red Rocker

$8,95 -.

CORDIALS/LIQUEURS prices

Drambui, Jagermaister, Grand Marnier, Balleys, Chambord, Baileys Irish Cream, Palini Limoncelo, Drambuie

$6,50 -.

Brogan's, Midori, Cointreau, Galliano

$5,95

Southern Comfort, Tia Maria, Frangelico, Kahlua, Amaretto Di Saronno, Sambuca

$5,50

By the Glass or Bottle prices (Glass/bottle)

VODKA prices

"Three Olives, Ketel One, Grey Goose" ($60)

$7,50 $60

"Stolichnaya, Smirnoff, Finlandia, ABSOLUT" ($40)

$5,75 $40

"Skyy"

$4,95 $40.

BLENDS/BOURBON prices

"Seagram's Crown Royal, Jack Daniel's Black"

$6,25 $65

Maker's Mark"

$6,25 $60

"Canadian Club, Seagram's 7, Jim Beam"

$5,50 $40.

SCOTCH prices

"Chivas Regal, Dewar's 12"

$7,50 $60

"Johnnie Walker Black"

$7,50

$70

"Dewar's White, Jameson"

$5,75

$60

"Cutty Sark"

$4,95 $40.

JIN prices

"Tanqueray, Bombay Sapphire"

$6,50 $55

"Beefeater, Slow Gin"

$5,25 $40.

RUM prices

"Bacardi, Captain Morgan, Gosling's"

$5,75 $40

"Black Seal, Malibu"

$5,75 $55

"Cruzan White"

$4,95 $40.

TEQUILA prices

"Patron Reposado"

$10,95 $70

"Patron Silver"

$9,95 $70

"Don Julio Silver"

$8,95 $60

"Reposado, Homitos, Salsa Hornitas"

$8,75 $60

"Reposado, 1800"

$6,50 $55

"Jose Cuervo Especial"

$6,25 $40

"Gold, Margaritaville"

$5,50 $40.

BRANDY/COGNAC prices

"Hardy XO"

$12,25 $90

"Remy Martin"

$9,25 $70

"Hardy VSOP"

$7,75 $60

"Courvoisier VS"

$6,50 $55

"Napoleon VSOP"

$5,50 $50.

SINGLE MALT prices

"Macallan Select Oak"

$8,50 $65

"Bowmore 12y"

$7,75 $60

"Glenfiddich 12y"

$6,95 $55

"Glenmorangie 10y"

$6,75 $55.

QUESTION: I heard servers don't help us as much because the tips are pre-determined, is this true?

ANSWER: If you think your servers are avoiding you, or being slow to help you, be sure to talk to the staff on-board about the issue. While I was not told the tipping policy, Amber at Carnival suggested that servers tips are "probably" based on the number of drinks they sold, not the cost of the drink.

Are these mix drink cost? example crown and coke is $6.25.

Anyone know about this ???

You do NOT pay for Monday on your cruise, if you buy it thursday, it'll be 4 days you pay for, if you buy it friday, you pay for 3 days.

We will be sailing on the Magic in May and definately plan on purchasing the cheers program. Our only minor concern is the first day. We are sailing out of Galveston and Texas has some strange liquor laws. Apparently the cheers program on the Magic can not be purchased until the 2nd day. We often drink the most on that first day because our vacation has just kicked off. :) I would love to know if they do in fact credit your fist day of drinking when you purchase on the 2nd day, or if you just pay as you go on the 1st day and start cheers on the 2nd day with only a 6 day fee. I thought of bonvoyage that first day to cover but I have also heard that because of Texas laws bonvoyage purchases will not be delivered until the 2nd day. Not sure why they could not just offer the Cheers program after sail away on the first day????

The program will not pay for any drinks you purchase before you sign up. It is Texas's fault, since they have banned buying "all you can drink" programs or "flat rate for X number of drink programs".

so whatever you order before you sign up, you pay for full price.

Maybe I am slow and missed it, but when did paying after you hit the 15 drink thing start? I sailed on the Breeze in Dec. and never ever had an issue getting drinks after the 15th one, nor did I have to pay for it.

How fast things change around here. lol

A memo went out to the ships I believe right before the holidays that stated the 15 drink limit and they were trying to be firm with it. I remember because it was confirmed on JH's blog and it was just a few weeks before we sailed on the Breeze.