kcwiak

I know what I would love to book. I want to be on Allure as it goes to dry dock or coming back from dry dock. I would explore Europe by land or Med. cruise. Of course, this could be very expensive. My fall back plan would be going on the NCL Epic in solo studio or finding cruise to Aruba, Bonaire and/or Curaco. :)

I am looking to book a Panama Canal cruise for 2015. Haven't done it yet, can't decide Miami to LA or vice versa!

I have done The Canal in both directions. I much prefer from LA to Miami. That puts the Canal near the end of the cruise not at the beginning. August 2014 will mark the 100th Anniversary of the first ship to cross through the completed Canal. Sometime in 2014, the 2nd Canal should be open and operational.

I am looking to book a Panama Canal cruise for 2015. Haven't done it yet, can't decide Miami to LA or vice versa!

Booked Miami to LA for Feb 2015. We booked that direction because you gain time instead of losing it :). I did a TA last year going east bound and the time changes were tough, we lost an hour every night for what seemed like forever.

I have done The Canal in both directions. I much prefer from LA to Miami. That puts the Canal near the end of the cruise not at the beginning. August 2014 will mark the 100th Anniversary of the first ship to cross through the completed Canal. Sometime in 2014, the 2nd Canal should be open and operational.

I agree everything is a build up to greatest sea day ever the Panama Canal transit. The time changes were not an issue like a TA with only 3 hours over 15-16 days.

Am I the only one who has booked a cruise for 2015? LOL So far out that I can't even do a clock!

LOL I did!!! I laughed when I tried to do a clock as well!! We booked the Gem 9 night out of NY Feb 9th

Dee

• 1 month later...

We are booked for the Panama Canal for January 2015 on the Dawn! Fwiw, the Jan 2015 LA to Miami is an extra day longer (15 instead of 14) for the same price.

I love planning our cruises way in advance but the wait caused us to book an unplanned cruise for next year!