How much money is Celebrity losing because of a broken Web site

tunaman2011

You would think with all the money the company makes they could figure out the issues on the website. I can rarely get logged in, it usually kicks me right back to the log on screen. This is scary considering you have to be able to go onto the site to "check in" and fill out all your information for the cruise!

It is nice to know that this is not an isolated or my own computer issue! it really is too bad when you consider that this is part of the customer service aspect of the cruise experience. It is good to hear that this problem is not a reflection of Celebrity in general as this is our first time with Celebrity.

I was surprised to learn when I logged in recently that I had no cruises booked. Somehow, my fully paid cruise in less than 30 days with extras that had been on my page for months was no longer going to happen.

Meanwhile, learned from my Roll Call that week that Celebrity had reversed our itinerary and changed port times, without a peep, which was a surprise to our travel agent, too.

Now, a couple of weeks later, the shore excursions online booking info still has the incorrect dates offered for Oahu and no one at Celebrity has rebooked the ones we already purchased ...still shows us going to Pearl Harbor on the wrong dates.

It doesn't make me very confident about dealing with them in the future. Will go back to HAL.

• 1 month later...

For over 24 hours I have been trying to access my booked cruise on the Celebrity web site without success. 3 days ago we booked a 12 night cruise on the Equinox sailing April 30. The next day, I was able to get on the web site and complete (I hope) the Online Check-in. Later that night, I tried to get back online to request luggage tabs. It said that the site was down for maintenance - that message continued for well over 36 hours - it is STILL telling me that. When I call the support number they said they have been experiencing web problems and I should just wait until I get to the pier and take care of everything there! I told one of the support people (I have made over 5 calls so far) that they should ask Royal Caribbean to develop their web site and the lady actually said she has heard that suggestion from a lot of callers!

Does anyone know if there is a work-around to allow me to book excursions and buy soda packages BEFORE I get to the pier?

I am glad to see others are having issues too. I didnt see this earlier, but started a thread because of problems I am having.

Last Friday I booked a 2014 Europe Cruise which is still not available, except through Captains Club. I had to call up to and book with an online rep, first time I ever did that, I received the email from Celebrity that shows the correct information, but I cant link it to my My Celebrity account

When I called later that Friday Night, twice I was told that the problem would probably resolve itself in 24 hours.

Today, I called their Web Support number, versus the basic Customer Care number. This time I was told that it is a known defect. When you call and have a phone agent make the reservation, there is no way to link it to your My Celebrity account.

I asked if it was getting fixed and the Rep told me that IT has been saying it will be fixed soon for over 6 months now.

I work in IT for a Telecommunications/Cloud Computing company that is constantly coming up with new items to sell, not just new prices, but new items. Since I work in the Product management area, we have lots of new items to develop. I can't see the IT catalog being that difficult to maintain for Celebrity. The cruises are announced way ahead of time, and normally don't change. They should be able to fix defects with their customer facing sites, without worrying about new product launches.

I will still go on this sailing, but I am very concerned that Celebrity has too many problems

T I emailed them about an issues after our last cruise and the response I got from the new president was a suggestion that I email the same info to Celebrity's general customer service email for follow up. I was surprised that they didn't at least forward the issue onto the appropriate departments for followup rather than just telling me to send it to some general mailbox myself.

The system probably crashed when he tried to forward it himself.

There was a point where it was easier for me to search for a cruise using the App on my iPhone than it was using my computer. I also tried to book restaurants and excursions because I was afraid that they would be filled or sold out by the time we sailed. After attempting to use their site and after reading this thread I no longer have that fear. It took me quite a few attempts over a few days to check in and print my boarding passes. At least I was able to do it before they switched the language from English to French.

I have been unable to access the site for 2 days, just checked and it finally came up. The problem must be one of management focus/budget. Everyone else seems to be able to do it (including their sister company) no reason they can't. It is possible that they have painted themselves into an upgrade corner by continual bad decisions/planning. As a previous poster said there should be some people looking for work.

I keep reading about all the problems people are having with the website and I can happily say that I haven't had any problems! Fortunately we are leaving Wednesday and all of my stuff is printed so I'm not even going to attempt to log on.....or I will just jinx myself!!......guess I am just one of the fortunate ones!! Happy sailing!! ;)

I recently booked the 2/8/2014 Eclipse cruise and went to the Celebrity website to register as a new-to-Celebrity cruiser and read available information. I am unable to register on the Celebrity site. Try as I may, I continually receive error messages that my information (name, email address, etc.) are incomplete. I tried to notify Celebrity of this issue using their Contact Us page, but, after composing my message, I realized this page does not have a Submit button so there is no way to send the message - clever design.

Celebrity's web site clearly has multiple programming defects that makes their site registration process fail that is further aggrieved by the apparent failure to test the Contact Us page before moving it to production.

As a new-to-Celebrity cruiser, I hope this web site ineptitude is not indicative of Celebrity management.

Archived