OBC's -- Info and Howto..

LCOVA76

For my next cruise i have some OBC's and i dont know how to use them...

Can i use them to pay the ships excursions??

how and when do i use them to pay the tips? (is it the same amount if you prepay the tips??)

Any info on how to better use the OBC & how to get OBC's will be very well recieved..

Luis..

You can use onboard credit to pay for anything that you pay for onboard the ship. If you purchase something, such as a beverage package, specialty dining, shore excursion, etc., on the web site before you sail, that is paid by your credit card and onboard credit is not used.

If you purchase your excursions while on the ship, then you'd be using your onboard credit to help pay for them.

As far as tips go, if you haven't prepaid your tips with your final payment (only required when using My Time Dining), then you can pay your tips through your onboard account, also called your SeaPass account, and use your onboard credit for them as well. If you are sailing as of March 1 or later, then the tips will be charged to your onboard account automatically. If you are sailing in the next week, then you can ask to have your tips charged to your onboard account at Guest Services.

As far as getting onboard credit, there are several ways to receive it. You could get some if you book your cruise using some special promotion with Royal Caribbean such as a WOW sale or a NextCruise (booking while onboard) booking, a promotion/gift from your travel agent, from points cashed in from the Bank of America Royal Caribbean credit card, or otherwise directly purchased from Royal Caribbean.

As far as how best to use them, that depends entirely on how much you have and how much you plan to spend onboard. Some onboard credit is refundable (generally most) and some isn't (that which was given as a promotion from Royal Caribbean), so that can influence how it's spent.

When I booked with Royal over the phone, the rep said I would get $100 onboard credit, but that it would take a week or two to show up in my account. Is that normal? It is almost two weeks and it' s not showing yet...why would it take two weeks?

Where are you looking for the onboard credit? If you're just looking at the web site, you won't see it.

if you call up Royal Caribbean and ask for a guest copy of your booking e-mailed to you, you should see it there. It shows up in the "Booking Charges" section. Mine reads "AD16-$100 ONBRDCR".

I am looking on their website when I log in to view my reservation and payment info. Is that not where I should see it?

No.. it doesnt appear there...

You have to ask for a copy of youre "Guest Invoice for Reservation" be sent to youre email...

I can see my OBC there

No.. it doesnt appear there...

You have to ask for a copy of youre "Guest Invoice for Reservation" be sent to youre email...

I can see my OBC there

What number exactly do you call?

I changed what my originally reserved cruise was. I want to make sure my promised OBC is still there, and transferred when I changed cruises.

What number exactly do you call?

I changed what my originally reserved cruise was. I want to make sure my promised OBC is still there, and transferred when I changed cruises.

Royal customer service: 800-398-9819.

Thanks all for the information! I just called and the $100 OBC was NOT showing on my account as promised. However, she noted that I did qualify when I booked, so she added it to my account and emailed me my booking reservation with it.

Thanks all for the information! I just called and the $100 OBC was NOT showing on my account as promised. However, she noted that I did qualify when I booked, so she added it to my account and emailed me my booking reservation with it.

Recently off the Explorer with family and had three cabin. We stood on line three times to try to straighten out credits - some of which were gift credits, travel agent credits, purchased credits. They gave me another two other family member's credits and in the end I wound up out $125 in cruise credits. I saved all the slips that were delivered to my cabin and copied and wrote a letter to royal. The two other cabins were family members who never cruised with royal and I was suppose to receive a $25 per cabin credit - well that didn't happen.

I purchased a $50 criedit for my daughter for Christmas and paid $2.50 extra for a printed copy - never sent. Finally called and they said they would email it to me - that never happened. Royal does not handle credits well.

When I booked with Royal over the phone, the rep said I would get $100 onboard credit, but that it would take a week or two to show up in my account. Is that normal? It is almost two weeks and it' s not showing yet...why would it take two weeks?

You can call customer service and request them to email you verification showing you have the OBC.

Archived