hope my computer is not hacked

clicking on the cruiscritic link this morning brought up a 'IISP7' page rather than the normal home page. Oh dear, has my computer been compromised?

The security software reprted blocking a risky connection yesterday and again today.

I eventually got to the forum by a wb search although some cruisecritic addresses directed to wierd sites.

Is it me or the cruiscritic site?

clicking on the cruiscritic link this morning brought up a 'IISP7' page rather than the normal home page. Oh dear, has my computer been compromised?

The security software reprted blocking a risky connection yesterday and again today.

I eventually got to the forum by a wb search although some cruisecritic addresses directed to wierd sites.

Don't know dave but I had a lot of difficulty getting onto the site earlier this morning - around 7.30 onwards. Other sites were loading ok but I did get some 'Error' messages with some number/identification attached to it although thankfully no security alerts.

I did have the feeling the site wasn't behaving normally though. It timed out several times and didn't load so something's not right. (I know they have maintenance times but this didn't seem consistent - as it doesn't usually present problems for me at that time of day.) :confused:

No problem here with Windows 7 & basic MS Security Essentials. (Which I switched to when I discovered it could do a better job than my paid for virus checker.)... If more than one of you are getting the same symptoms it sounds like an update on the site or your antivirus checker is conflicting. :eek:

This happened to me on my ipad! I googled IISP7 to see what it was but couldn't understand what it meant! :eek:

It has taken me ages to log in too.

I will keep checking to see if anyone has any more information......worrying though. I did not click on the "welcome" rectangle, as I thought it was risky.

I have been getting much more junk mail over the past 2 weeks too.

Same thing just happened to me just now

Mcafee blocked two ISPs whilst on this site,I wasn't too fazed by it as when i checked them out they are part of an advert company

that try to follow what we do whilst on here ,called Pipe ...something ,i forgot now .

As Stevio says ..you get an update but the site carrys a page the update does not like and you have a conflict and if you read the stickys

on the sites front page ,to be fair they have got a few issues running at the moment .

Archived