Celebrity website

Scrappygrrl

Anyone have trouble booking online with Celebrity? I am trying to give them my money, but when I get to the last step in reserving, I get a "Your request could not be processed. Try again later" message. I actually despise talking to people on the phone, but I guess I will have to call. I know, serious first world problem.

It's seriously flawed. Various people have a variety of problems that are browser-specific, and then there are the multiple times a week it goes down for maintenance, and then there are the factual errors, and the data-entry errors. If you don't want to use a travel agent, you'll have to call Celebrity. sorry.

I want to assure you (OP) that you are in the majority of folks who have problems of some sort with the Celebrity web site....problems range from the simple....incorrect information to more serious like showing no excursions available for a cruise when in fact they are all available. We had friends that could NEVER get to their cruise on the web site and had to do everything by phone...and it was a problem for over 4 months.

Don't despair...you'll find that sometimes when you think you've done everything right on the web site, it doesn't actually reach the ship. Luckily, most all problems are ultimately resolved to everyone's satisfaction once you are on the ship and you'll have a wonderful cruise.

I am certainly not sticking up for their website, but you may want to call to make your reservation anyway. The people who answer are always really knowledgeable and super helpful and they quickly send you email with your reservation information.

I know you say you hate talking to people on the phone, but the Celebrity staff have been particularly easy for us to work with over the years and we like the confidence of knowing we didn't make any mistakes or miss any discounts that we may not have known about.

Tom

Anyone have trouble booking online with Celebrity? I am trying to give them my money, but when I get to the last step in reserving, I get a "Your request could not be processed. Try again later" message. I actually despise talking to people on the phone, but I guess I will have to call. I know, serious first world problem.

It's seriously flawed. Various people have a variety of problems that are browser-specific, and then there are the multiple times a week it goes down for maintenance, and then there are the factual errors, and the data-entry errors. If you don't want to use a travel agent, you'll have to call Celebrity. sorry.

Ditto browser-specific errors. My experience is that FireFox or Chrome function better than Microsoft Internet Explorer where there are online forms to fill out.

Glad you have your cruise booked!

I just had to say that I had no issues with the website last year with my first Celebrity cruise, but this year has been challenging. When it came time to pay my final payment, I tried 3 times and it would say it was received and then not show up on the website or on my credit card website. I finally called and explained my issue with making the payment on-line and the rep said "did you log in first?" - I said "yes" and she said "well that is the problem - you can't log in" as if I should know that. I got a good chuckle over that one.

She was right though - now if I get the error message when trying to do something with my reservation, I log off and go to the "already booked?" section and fill in the reservation number, etc. and it works. I was finally able to do my on-line check in. It's funny how some things work when logged in and others don't - you would think they would make sure the payment part would work! ;)

I am trying to book on the site of Celebrity, an excursion and a beverage package and it is registered not available. Anyone know what is happening?

Perhaps they are out of drinks on your cruise :)

I agree with other posters...don't waste your time...call them. One addition though...get confirmation of whatever you do in writing...ask them to email you to confirm anything you arrange.

I had issues with the site after making a change through my online TA with a cabin upgrade and afterwards the "My Celebrity" showed the new room but also stated " on hold for 24 hours" I did the online chat with my online TA an after about 30 min of them on hold with X they got it fixed. I've been reading postings that go back 1-1/2 years with the same issues. I guess they are not concerned with fixing it. RCCL and X is jointly owned if you have ever been on their site you would think X is great. RCCL site is far worse.

On a side note about web browsers and such:

I made the BIG mistake and buying a new laptop with Windows 8. Total crap. Don't go near it. I had to download Firefox to use my on-line banking among other things. All day I go back and forth with browsers. I made changes to my start-up programs (msconfig) and it wiped out all the program settings on all my programs including Outlook and other office programs. I even had to enter all my registration codes back in. Also I hate the Windows new layout. Microsoft is trying to get into the app thing on laptops and such.

Hey Microsoft, Apps are for phones.

Archived