MDR Menu Rotation?

Out of interest do all the Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises start on a Sunday?

The menus posted previously all mention Sunday = Mojo, Monday = Saffron, etc. rather than Day 1 = Mojo, Day 2 = Saffron, etc., but I'm wondering what happens if you were on a 7 day cruise starting on a different day, for example, on a Friday. Do you think you would still get the Mojo menu on Day 1 menu like those above, or do you think would get the one that has been listed for Friday?

No to further complicate Things- Oasis always leaves on Satudays and Allure Lways departs on Sundays!

Out of interest do all the Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises start on a Sunday?

The menus posted previously all mention Sunday = Mojo, Monday = Saffron, etc. rather than Day 1 = Mojo, Day 2 = Saffron, etc., but I'm wondering what happens if you were on a 7 day cruise starting on a different day, for example, on a Friday. Do you think you would still get the Mojo menu on Day 1 menu like those above, or do you think would get the one that has been listed for Friday?

You would get the one listed as Day 1- We left on the 5 day cruise on a Saturday and the first day was Mojo-

No to further complicate Things- Oasis always leaves on Satudays and Allure Lways departs on Sundays!

This is why I try to use the number of the day instead of the actual day of the week. Day 1 on both Allure and Oasis are Mojo, then go through the cycle from there. Just a reminder eastern and western flip flop days 5 and 6.

On our January 5 nite Jewel cruise to KW and Coz the menu was:

1 Mojo

2 Saffron Key West Formal night

3 Pimento

4 Jasmine

5 Pomodoro

Thanks for this info. I believe ours will be the same even though we are at sea on day 2. We are Grand Cayman on day 3 and Coz on day 4. Seems like this rotation is probably right for our 5 night Jewel in April also.

This is why I try to use the number of the day instead of the actual day of the week. Day 1 on both Allure and Oasis are Mojo, then go through the cycle from there. Just a reminder eastern and western flip flop days 5 and 6.

Thanks for helping to clarify that! We're on an Alaskan cruise later in the year and we were trying to work out what nights we want to eat in the MDR and which ones we don't mind skipping (probably book one of the speciality restaurants instead). Our cruise departs on a Friday and we know that our formal nights are going to be Days 2 and 6, so our schedule is likely to be the same as the Eastern.

There is a recent jewel review on the boards right now. I didn't read it since it will be year before I do Brilliance on that itinerary. But mAybe there is something there?:confused: worth checking anyway!

I am with you, we were really starting to get bored with the menus, I'm excited to try new stuff, and as a vegetarian, I am happy to see an entree salad, meatless pasta and more meat analog vegetarian options each night. I've never been a big " curry" fan and the Indian style options offered every night on the old menus, always felt very "British Empire" to me for the American market. I think the new menus reflect a difference in the way many Americans are eating today, vs the "traditional" cruise offerings. I don't eat meat analogs generally, but many of my vegetarian friends do look for these, rather than just a plate full of vegetables. Most American kids will try any sort of pasta, and every American restaurant has a selection of entree salads these days. JMO, but I'm excited to try it out next month!

In the past, I never reviewed food on cruises extensively because 1- I'm not a cook (in addition to not eating meat) so I don't feel terribly knowledgable to comment and 2- the menus had been around so long that doing a food review of the same menu seemed redundant. But I'm thinking I may try to do a more comprehensive food review since we will be eating in the MDR every night.

Also, we've had so many recent Allure reviews with ship pics that I was considering not doing that again.

LOL, just told my DH I am considering this, and he said " oh oh, my food photography (bad)" - except he didn't use that word, he used an S word:p :eek: He says he's going to get a book, so he can take better pictures of food!;). So in 2 months I can answer these questions!

Thank you we, we sail end of May so looking forward to your food review

Thanks for this info. I believe ours will be the same even though we are at sea on day 2. We are Grand Cayman on day 3 and Coz on day 4. Seems like this rotation is probably right for our 5 night Jewel in April also.

If it helps; the first formal night (or only one on short cruises) on almost any Royal Cruise is on day 2. I haven't been on every cruise the do (yet;)) but every cruise we've done and every review I've read that's been the case.

SO to review:p The following photographs:

http://s654.beta.photobucket.com/user/clamett/media/P8050001.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Seem to confirm this corrected list of offerings for each menu:

I didn't correct the days because there still seems to be some confusion about which menu is offered which night. But I am treating it like SHIITAKE is night 4 and JASMINE is night 6. Hopefully, someone who has traveled recently can confirm! But I'm going off the photos from the menus in the link above!

The bread pudding wasn't offered every night either. It was really good too btw.

Archived