Caribbean in March

cindy1957

We did Dunn's River Falls but did not walk up the falls. They have a set of stairs you can walk instead of walking in the falls. If you or anyone have mobility issues I would not recommend walking up in the falls. It was nice to see but stay with your group.

So excited! My only concern now is what excursion in Falmouth. I have always wanted to go to Dunns River Falls but concerned about safety. I don't like escalators so worried about my balance.

Just a note about your "concern". When we did the Falls walk a few years ago, there were a couple of folks in our group who slipped and received very minor injuries, and a few others who walked only a short distance before turning back and opting out. Our guides were...ummm...next to useless, and in fact it was me who helped the ones who turned back get to where they could get out...In fact, I spent a good bit of my time helping folks navigate up...and then of course the guides wanted a big tip afterwards...go figure !!

I still enjoyed it, as did the 2 others in my group who walked too.

Woody

So excited! My only concern now is what excursion in Falmouth. I have always wanted to go to Dunns River Falls but concerned about safety. I don't like escalators so worried about my balance.

DH walked up the trail alongside the Falls.

I waited on a yacht.

Recently, we passed on excursions to spend time at Margaritaville's beach and shops nearby.

Penny

I did Dunn River Falls years ago. It was a slippery climb and alot of people got bumped shins and scrapes. Basically, they created a big conga line and each person helped haul up the person behind them. I'm glad I did it once but would never do it again!

Dunns River Falls......I remember the first time I went there

(years and years ago)......I chose not to walk up and stayed at the

bottom where there is a beach and some water.....I agree with some

of the other replies.......it is like a conga line but I had no desire

to do it. Climbing was not anything that appealed to me. And of course

being on a cruise vacation? I want to do what makes me happy:D

I did Dunn River Falls years ago. It was a slippery climb and alot of people got bumped shins and scrapes. Basically, they created a big conga line and each person helped haul up the person behind them. I'm glad I did it once but would never do it again!

Same here..glad I did it once but never again.

Here is a photo of Dunn's river Falls. I was a highlight of our cruise, but you do have to be in moderately good physical shape to do it. The current is stong and you need water shoes to get a good grip. In the photo, you can see the walkway along the stairs ... but the highlight is the climb. There are exits from the falls to the stairs periodically along the climb (like when it gets a bit steep)

People are always helpful to give you a hand if you can't make it up a rock.

7040612691_782685d4ae_b.jpg

Archived