Things To Do on a Second Visit

takevtr1

We will be a group of 10 ranging in age from 20-73. All can get around without any issues, although I don't think some of us will be rock climbing....

Most of us will be visiting this great island for a second time. First time around, we did the usual typical "island tour" This time we want something a little different, say about 3-4 hours long, followed by beach time of about 2 hours and of course some shopping.

What would you recommend?????? We don't have an issue re-visiting some of the top things to seeand do, but would also like to do things that we did not have time for on our first visit.

Thank you in advance,

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the information.

The only issue I have is that they seem to be very expensive. We are a group of 10, and I will be paying for 4 family memebers.

I did find a few others that were a little less expensive.

Harrison's Caves is something to consider for sure!

Boatyard Beach is rather close to the cruise terminal and would give you an inexpensive beach day. Those who wish could take one of the snorkel tours offered there.

Since you've been to Barbados before, you know the cruise terminal has adequate shopping.

Have fun planning!

LuLu

~~~~

Harrison's Caves is something to consider for sure!

Boatyard Beach is rather close to the cruise terminal and would give you an inexpensive beach day. Those who wish could take one of the snorkel tours offered there.

Since you've been to Barbados before, you know the cruise terminal has adequate shopping.

Have fun planning!

LuLu

~~~~

thanks LuLu - some of us have already been to Harrisons Cave -but we had a great time there we are thinking of doing it again especially for the ones that have never been there before.

I loved Bathsheba and the east coast, but you may have been there before.

The "Concorde Experience" while not cheap, interested me. You can google it. The turtles at Buck Island also interested me, but we didn't have time to do that in addition to all the driving around we did.

We rented a car, but it was a little stressful, as even the GPS we got didn't keep us from getting lost a couple times! The streets are SO narrow, too!

I loved Bathsheba and the east coast, but you may have been there before.

Bathsheba-402.jpg

Big coastal boulders at Bathsheba!

The "Concorde Experience" while not cheap, interested me. You can Google it.

Willing to bet that a big part of the admission fee is to pay for what's gotta be a huuuge air-conditioning bill!

Concorde-388.jpg

The entire hangar is pleasantly air-conned for your comfort.

I've done this tour and it really was quite a tour (and I'm not specially into aircraft!)

CONCORDE exhibit is open Tues to Saturday.

No Sunday, No Monday ..sorry.

Hours are 9 a.m. until the last tour starts at 4 p.m.

Tours take about 45 mins.

any idea what the admission price is? I can not find it on their web site.

Thank you.

The last time we had a few hours to kill at GA airport, the tariff was US$20/pp. for adults. I think kids were US$12 or US$12.50/pp.

Worth it if you've never seen G-BOAE. I was fortunate to fly her once before she was retired.

1377mph.

It felt like we were standing still.

Go and enjoy. She, or her likes, (probably) won't be seen again in our lifetime. :o

The last time we had a few hours to kill at GA airport, the tariff was US$20/pp. for adults. I think kids were US$12 or US$12.50/pp.

Worth it if you've never seen G-BOAE. I was fortunate to fly her once before she was retired.

1377mph.

It felt like we were standing still.

Go and enjoy. She, or her likes, (probably) won't be seen again in our lifetime. :o

thanks so much for the info.

I will put this on the short list of things to do.

Archived