When A Suite is not a Suite

The AN boardwalk balcony rooms are 273 sq ft and the junior suites are 287 sq feet, which is quite a difference from the regular balconies at 182 sq ft. RCI may treat the AN accessible rooms as suites.

[quote name='norcalal']My luggage tags say I am in a Suite. Is this Oasis speak? :rolleyes:
Our cabin is a Cat. AN Boardwalk balcony.[/quote]

Could be a glitch in the software; an AN Boardwalk Balcony definitely does not qualify as a suite. GS is the lowest category that would qualify as a suite.

[quote name='Midiana']The AN boardwalk balcony rooms are 273 sq ft and the junior suites are 287 sq feet, which is quite a difference from the regular balconies at 182 sq ft. RCI may treat the AN accessible rooms as suites.[/quote]

Junior suites do not qualify as real suites in RCL ships. Grand suites are the lowest category among real suites (RLS, RS, PFS, SL, CL1, CL2, ATS, OS, GS) on the Oasis.

[quote name='Kinofdc']Junior suites do not qualify as real suites in RCL ships. Grand suites are the lowest category among real suites (RLS, RS, PFS, SL, CL1, CL2, ATS, OS, GS) on the Oasis.[/QUOTE]

But for embarkation, a JS does count. Not sure why Norcalal's cabin does, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth...

[quote name='critterchick']But for embarkation, a JS does count. Not sure why Norcalal's cabin does, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth...[/quote]

I think JS does have Priority boarding, priority checking in and double points privilege. It's strictly second hand knowledge as Owner Suite has been the lowest category I've ever booked in any RCL ships.

Definitely accept the gift horse if it's given.

This is a wheelchair accessible cabin (daughter uses wc) and we have had many others on 6 ships and they have never referred them as suites. That is why I wondered if this was "Oasis Speak". (1st time Oasis)

The word 'suite' appears just below the quad locator at the bottom of the tag.

I am Diamond, but as far as priority boarding is concerned, the wheelchair trumps that.

I am a first time RCI cruiser and they have given me a "Stateroom" instead of an inside cabin:) Do I get some special treatment like a salute from ships officers?

May I dine each night with the captain? or is there a "Head of State" room:confused:

[quote name='Kinofdc']Junior suites do not qualify as real suites in RCL ships. Grand suites are the lowest category among real suites (RLS, RS, PFS, SL, CL1, CL2, ATS, OS, GS) on the Oasis.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification on that, I had no idea JS was not considered to be in the suite family.

[quote name='Midiana']Thanks for the clarification on that, I had no idea JS was not considered to be in the suite family.[/quote]
The JS also gets the double C&A points that full suites get.

• 1 month later...
I'm just wondering if the word "suite" appears on the luggage tags because someone will be using a wheelchair for boarding. When I was on the Oasis this past January with my Mom, she needed a wheelchair to get aboard, and was taken to the "Suite" boarding room to wait for a pusher on embarkation day.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]On a HAL cruise, they had a category called Verandah Suite.

It was just a very nice, regular balcony cabin. The only thing about it that made it a suite was that they charged a suite price for it. :eek:
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='varoo'][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]On a HAL cruise, they had a category called Verandah Suite.

It was just a very nice, regular balcony cabin. The only thing about it that made it a suite was that they charged a suite price for it. :eek:
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I had a verandah suite on our Hal cruise and we didnt pay any more for it than we are paying for our D1 balcony on our upcoming cruise on the jewel ;)

[quote name='itzmered']I had a verandah suite on our Hal cruise and we didnt pay any more for it than we are paying for our D1 balcony on our upcoming cruise on the jewel ;)[/quote][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]The one I was talking about was a 12 night cruise on the Amsterdam where a Verandah [SIZE=3]Suite[/SIZE] was priced considerably higher than we paid for a 12 night cruise in a JS on the Brilliance.
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived