Over night in Bermuda... Port or Starboard?

MR NW GUY

I have looked at Google earth and it appears the ships back in to the dock. Since the Breakaway spends soooooo much time at dock, I think room selection should include what you want to look at while in at Kings Warf. With this in mind, I am selecting a port side room so I can see the ocean and not have to listen to port noise at night.

I have not been over-nighted in Bermuda before... Is this a consideration?

The ships dock facing both ways, port side to the pier, or starboard side to the pier. It depends on which side's lifeboats need to be dropped into the water for testing and other exterior maintenance that may have to be done to the ship. You can't predict which way the ship will face in any particular week.

I've not experienced a problem with noise when I've been on the side facing the Dockyard.

Since this will be Breakaways first year in Bermuda at Heritage Wharf, there is no history of how she will dock; but based on what other cruise ships have done in the past, there is no way to predict which side will be to land and which side will be to water. Anyway, IMHO, either side is good. The land side view is to the Dockyard which is non-industrial and the water side is of water (Grassy Bay) with the north shore of Bermuda in the distance (about 2 miles).

I would not consider any Dockyard noise (if any) in your decision.

SBtS

Have not experienced Dockyard noise either. It wasn't even noisy when we docked right on Front Street in Hamilton.:)

Agree ... plus it was fun to see some of the "action" ....which isnt really up close to the ship anyway. At the dock yard there is kind of alot between the ship and the public areas and you're up high. Its not as though there is traffic or anything like that.

Thanks for the info and the photos. Perhaps an aft cabin is the solution. :-) HA!

But then again, maybe not. If there are 2 ships docked, they will be end to end so you could be looking at another ship since one never knows which way they will dock.. Of course, you could look side to side.:D Personally, I would still go either port or starboard.

IMG_1967.jpg

But then again, maybe not. If there are 2 ships docked, they will be end to end so you could be looking at another ship since one never knows which way they will dock.. Of course, you could look side to side.:D Personally, I would still go either port or starboard.

IMG_1967.jpg

I guess I will just stay home... or take a cruise to "no where". That should take care of the problem. :D

There are some views of the Dockyard from a cruise ship here; the photos are by member modelman.

SBtS

Ohhh, thank you for the pictures.

I think I would rather face the port then the open ocean. It looks very pretty!

Mr NW thanks for asking the question - I was wondering the same thing!

We were in Bermuda previously but we had an inside room, so I never paid attention. :rolleyes:

So, would you book a balcony or higher catagory and be happy at dock? I can't help but feel that I might as well just fly to Bermuda and stay at a nice hotel.

So, would you book a balcony or higher catagory and be happy at dock? I can't help but feel that I might as well just fly to Bermuda and stay at a nice hotel.

That's always an option but you're going to pay dearly.

Archived