NCL Sun - Balcony Area

boleynkid

Can anyone advise please if it is possible to string a line up on the balcony area. We are looking to use the gym a couple of times during the trip (maybe more if we eat too much) so it would be nice to know if we are able to wash and dry our gym clothes. I'm sure I saw a youtube clip where some guy had strung a hammock (not sure what ship) up on the balcony so perhaps some ships have fixings for that kind of thing.

Thanks for your replies.

Can anyone advise please if it is possible to string a line up on the balcony area. We are looking to use the gym a couple of times during the trip (maybe more if we eat too much) so it would be nice to know if we are able to wash and dry our gym clothes. I'm sure I saw a youtube clip where some guy had strung a hammock (not sure what ship) up on the balcony so perhaps some ships have fixings for that kind of thing.

Thanks for your replies.

Nothing like that on our 8th floor balcony. There is a retractable line in the shower for drying things.

I had no problem washing things in the sink and letting them dry on the line in the shower, moving them to dry in the cabin later when almost dry. You are not permitted to leave towels, etc on the balcony. If you are in port you can clothespin them to the chairs to dry discretely. Bring clothespins from home.

I had no problem washing things in the sink and letting them dry on the line in the shower, moving them to dry in the cabin later when almost dry. You are not permitted to leave towels, etc on the balcony. If you are in port you can clothespin them to the chairs to dry discretely. Bring clothespins from home.

Thanks for the good advice, I didn't know there was a line in the shower and yes I can imagine it would look pretty trashy if everyone put their washing out on the balcony.......you can tell we are first timers !!

You can lay clothing out flat on our chairs when in port if you aren't using your balcony. Laid out flat no one is going to be able to see that you have clothing out there drying. It's your balcony for the week. Use it however you see fit.

As posted there is a line in the shower to dry things. You are not permitted to leave anything flammable on the balcony. How trashy would a ship look with everyone's drying laundry hanging on balcony clothes lines. :(

As trashy as our neighbor in the suite (we were in a lowly balcony) did every third day when apparently they washed their unmentionables and dried them on their $15,000 balcony!:eek: As DDP put it, just goes to show that having money doesn't mean yo momma raised you right:D

As trashy as our neighbor in the suite (we were in a lowly balcony) did every third day when apparently they washed their unmentionables and dried them on their $15,000 balcony!:eek: As DDP put it, just goes to show that having money doesn't mean yo momma raised you right:D

I told my momma to pack plenty of undies cuz I don't want to see any granny panties hanging anywhere, shower, balcony or otherwise. :)

Archived