Refrigerator for medication

I am going to be sailing Allure of the Seas on May 12. My fiancé takes medication that needs to be refrigerated. Our travel agent put in a request for a small medication refrigerator, but I am nervous that it will not show up. He needs this medication so he can't travel without it. Is there someone that I can contact to ensure we get the refrigerator? In my experience, it can be like pulling teeth with hotels.

I am going to be sailing Allure of the Seas on May 12. My fiancé takes medication that needs to be refrigerated. Our travel agent put in a request for a small medication refrigerator, but I am nervous that it will not show up. He needs this medication so he can't travel without it. Is there someone that I can contact to ensure we get the refrigerator? In my experience, it can be like pulling teeth with hotels.

You can email [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse]. Mind the underscore after special.

And if per chance it is still not there when you get to your cabin, call guest services. Occasionally some special needs requests will get lost in the shuffle, a call or visit to guest services has always cleared it up for us within a few hours.

I am pretty sure that every cabin I have ever been in had a refrigerator in it already..

Define "refrigerator" Not one of the fridges I have seen get anywhere near a normal fridge temp.

Bring a ziplock Baggie. Stick the meds in the ziplock and then into the ice bucket until you wait for the refrigerator if it is not in your cabin. Even if there is one in the cabin, it is usually not cold enough. An ice bucket with meds in it will do the trick.

The cabins have an in room "chiller" that holds sodas. By request thru special needs they will bring in an actual refrigerator and put it under the counter. This is a real refrigerator not a chiller and will keep your medicines nice and cold.

Now after saying that I have been on a cruise three times and each time special needs has failed to have the frig installed in the room and I have had to call guest services to get it. They did bring it up, but one would think that a department who's only job is to respond to special needs requests would have gotten it right at least once.

Hopefully you will have better luck with it actually being there when you arrive.

The cabins have an in room "chiller" that holds sodas. By request thru special needs they will bring in an actual refrigerator and put it under the counter. This is a real refrigerator not a chiller and will keep your medicines nice and cold.

Now after saying that I have been on a cruise three times and each time special needs has failed to have the frig installed in the room and I have had to call guest services to get it. They did bring it up, but one would think that a department who's only job is to respond to special needs requests would have gotten it right at least once.

Hopefully you will have better luck with it actually being there when you arrive.

I suggest that you never book a cruise on Freedom, because they do not have refrigerators on board.:(

We had requested a medical fridge and when we got in our cabin, it wasn't there. We asked our room steward about it and he brought us one. Just be carefull....We made the mistake of putting our Cokes in it also and they FROZE solid overnight! It kept the insulin fine but for anything else, it got way too cold, and there was no temp adjustment.

Archived