Whats does your CC Name mean???

Ziggy7

Mine is a rather unimaginitive name representing my first name and first initial of my last name----somehow I thought that using "BS" alone would overshadow the content of any posts! I cannot ever use any monograms either, since I don't have a middle initial! Also my last name is such that I get a lot of giggles and jokes whenever I check into a hotel/motel!

blackbird71: I'm an old BUFF & Caribou driver on this end, w/a couple of retired USAF buddies here in Vegas who were backseaters in "the sled" (one of them is a HAL cruiser himself). email me at: w4hmv@aol.com if you get a chance. And, I guess you have heard the famous saying (or words to that effect)-"you don't know what being lost really means, until you get lost at Mach 3!"

In my Caribou days, we were flying into about a 40knot headwind one night (IAS of 120 knots) and got handed off to a Navy Jax controller who said: " Dog 17, radar contact. Say type helicopter." And he was dead serious! :(

When I turned 40 I had a series of heart attacks as the result from Rheumatic Fever as a child. 9 days in Cardiac ICU and the resulting open heart surgery changed my life! After that, I found what was important changed. I quit my day job and started travelling, went from law to horticulture and became a Mom that was home for my kids after school. My friends said I was "crazy". So I began to call myself "loca" lady (or crazy lady in Spanish) on line and the name has stuck!

Still crazy after all these years!;)

Thanx, it's a him, "Wodan"

On of my friends on another board is a female ex-LAPD that for part of her career ran tracker dogs... She adopted two "retired" LAPD trackers dogs but sad to say, the last past away around 2 months ago....

After KK posted this last year, I asked DH (because he'e been using it since the early 90's) and I always assumed it was something he just made up.

Come to find out it has significance - for him anyway, lol! The 1-9 stands for "breaker, 1-9" - like "is anyone out there?" I never would have figured it out. :)

Great post Ziggy, it was way past time for a bit of levity.

Our's is plain and simple, my wife's and my name. Barbara wants me to be a little more creative and come up with a new "handle", but I want CC viewers to know me by my first name when they meet me. It was great that on our last cruise, everyone at our CC party knew us as Ray and Barbara. They didn't have to convert our logo to a new set of names.

Ray

On of my friends on another board is a female ex-LAPD that for part of her career ran tracker dogs... She adopted two "retired" LAPD trackers dogs but sad to say, the last past away around 2 months ago....

Sorry to hear that Blackbird! Mine passed away too, two years after he retired, he developed hip problems (very common for shepherds) and we had to put him down:(

Is he a full Sheppard? I have never seen one with that coloring on his face.

Yes he was, and even better, he was from Holland:)

Soon after my husband I married I really wanted to get a dog. At the time we were living in a condo so we knew we wanted something smallish. When I was growing up friends of the family had a wire fox terrier and that's what we ended up getting. 12 years later we rescued a female fox terrier, Justine, who was so tiny and petite compared to our male, Foncy.

You could just tell she was a girl - she was prissy, had tiny little paws with pink pads and the inside of her ears were the palest of pink. I started referring to her as our Foxy Fox Terrier. One day when I needed a name for something on line FoxyTerrier popped into my head.

Sadly we lost Justine to cancer last year - very sudden and unexpected. But 6 months prior to that we were blessed with adopting another wire in need his name is now Bentley. He had his 31 other brothers and sisters were seized from a terrible breeder.

These are pictures of right after we got Mr. Bentley and some taken the day before we lost Justine.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wirefoxterrier29/album?.dir=c353&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Joni

When I turned 40 I had a series of heart attacks as the result from Rheumatic Fever as a child. 9 days in Cardiac ICU and the resulting open heart surgery changed my life! After that, I found what was important changed. I quit my day job and started travelling, went from law to horticulture and became a Mom that was home for my kids after school. My friends said I was "crazy". So I began to call myself "loca" lady (or crazy lady in Spanish) on line and the name has stuck!

Still crazy after all these years!;)

LOL!! I still remember getting your name wrong and feeling bad that I posted "Locolady" come to find out, you meant it the same way! :)

Basil was the name of our miniature wire-haired daschund. He had personality plus, and was always making us laugh with his antics. Our cat used to really get him going, and then hide so he couldn't find her. He was a super little guy.

Basil was the name of our miniature wire-haired daschund. He had personality plus, and was always making us laugh with his antics. Our cat used to really get him going, and then hide so he couldn't find her. He was a super little guy.

The other online name I use is FoncyDog.

Foncy was the name of the Wire Fox Terrier of the couple that stood up for my parents when they got married back in 1949. This couple never had children, but the dog, Foncy was just like a child and would get invided to real children's birthday parties, etc. My when i was about 2 they used to tease me about Foncy being my cousin. When I was allowed to get my first dog his name had to be Foncy. When I got my own WFT I just knew his name had to be Foncy the 3rd. WFT are not that common any longer and when ever we would see one we would say, "Look there's a FoncyDog".

I work in IT and everyone at my work knows about Foncy as I have all kinds of FoncyDog accounts and Test servers. I was even allowed to rename our IBM mainframe FoncyDog before it was rolled out in the late '90s.....

So FoncyDog meet BasilDog!!!!

When i first started teaching nursing in a university setting I had to give my students e-mail access. I was wracking my brain looking for a screen name. My first class volunteered to help. One student saw a picture of my grandchildren on my file cabinet and dubbed me grannynurse...it's been so ever since.

Great thread ziggy, I was Mickey in scout camp, and one of our cruising buddies goes by Mickey on this board.

GN

Boarding.jpg.102d5dc673c4aff24a50b02ff567d423.jpg

My name is very uncreative and was designed to be obscure and unrelated to my identity as it was my first aol e-mail name back in the early '90's. I have always posted since whenever in the early '90's I found cruise critic under this name.

My first name starts with the letter "R" and therefore I am "arrz" or ("R's")

But by the same token, I still hide on board -- have not yet "come out" at a CC gathering.

I have really enjoyed this thread - especially the background on Blackbird71!

LOL!! I still remember getting your name wrong and feeling bad that I posted "Locolady" come to find out, you meant it the same way! :)

Loco it is:) Many called me local lady....I thought, no I much prefer international lady.:rolleyes:

BillS- I am so excited about this cruise! (Can't ever remember not being excited about one though!) Have your tickets arrived??? Counting the days.....:cool:

Being new to the boards, I like to see where people are posting from...I think it's fun to 'talk' to new people all over the place, so I picked a name that would let people know instantly where I'm from...

And how cool to see a pic of Wodan -- he's gorgeous!

ger_77: First three letters of my first name (Gerry), and 77 for the year I married the man who has helped make all my dreams come true. (I know, you're all rolling your eyes out there, but I just happen to be a die-hard romantic - I call my DH "Honey Bunny" and he doesn't even bat an eye!) Glad you started this thread, Ziggy7!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry, DH and I were also married in 1977

On topic -- I have never cruised before + year I was born.

I too was born in 1954:)

So now you know the year I was born and the year I was married.

Like revneal I too have used my handle of laffnvegas for many year starting back over 10 years ago with aol. Basically it is a portion of my last name and the fact that we live in the Las Vegas area.

I was looking for some really important topic to make the subject of my first Post/Reply. When I saw this thread I knew that I had hit the Jackpot.

TT - my initials

From - from

SommersTown - Sommers Town, a small area of London between Euston and St Pancras Railway Stations in England.

Archived