Whats does your CC Name mean???

Ziggy7

Okey, here goes! All of my ancestors came from Ireland though I can trace my roots in this county as far back as the 1840's. My closest link to Ireland came over in 1873. The Irish refer to a man as HIMSELF and a woman as HERSELF. A number of people have refered to me as "Himself" over the years. I was at Irish Fest in Milwaukee, WI about ten years ago and I bought a little green cap that has "Himself" and a shamrock printed on it and I like it. So when I signed up I picked the name H I M S E L F--and now you know the rest of the story. ( No offense Paul Harvey.)

My name is the name of my business, ScopeWest. I do computer editing for court reporters, which is known as scoping. And my last name is West, so there you go, scopewest! I couldn't think of any clever cruise name so I figured what the heck, use the name of my business. And since it's tiring to constantly cap it while computing, I decided for e-mail, etc. to leave it all uncapped.

Ziggy --- Great thread :)

My name comes from my wish for all who enjoy cruising the beautiful oceans of the world to have safe and happy journies in their travels, and may they always encounter many peaceful waters and "calm seas".

=============

BCEagle78 --- May I join all the others who have previously wished you a "Happy Anniversary". Looking forward to meeting you on "The Voyage of the Spammed"!

user8 means absolutely nothing.

I made a mistake when I originally signed up with CC and I had to write Laura a separate e-mail to straighten things out. I had wanted user8 to be my password and she misunderstood and fixed it so that I ended up with user8 as my log-in name. I was just glad it at least made some sense although I would have preferred something else.

Can't you just imagine how akward it would be if my log in name was some weird gibberish? :p

Ok Everyone, lets lighten up this board and do something fun! Whats does your CC Name mean and where did it come from! :)

I will start! Ziggy comes from a camp name I was given by the girls at Girl Scout Camp! :) 7 is my favorite number!

I was LURED into SAILING many many many moons ago...and "Sailor" was already taken.:D

I'm from Ohio & love to cruise - hence, "cruisingbuckeye." (Well, o.k., we've only gone on one cruise so don't know if that really counts, but we did have a great time!)

Question for jhannah ('vegas Jim) if you happen to read this far down the post - - are you the one that wore the character bedroom slippers on formal nights? Seems like that person was a Jim somebody, but I haven't been reading the boards very much in the last year or so and so I can't really remember.

Hi,

Where does the screen name come from, well mine is CUNARDQUEEN which is the same as my aol email add, and has a double edged meaning... those that dont know me are told its CUNARD for the shipping company and QUEEN as in Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2) as lm a regular passenger on QE2, and just love her to bits !! those that do know me, will be all to aware of the other meaning of the word QUEEN and on that note l shall leave it at that

My moniker is just what is says werewolf, because I like mystical creatures of all kinds. Unicorns, werewolves. monsters, griffens, etc. Once did a paper on the signs to tell if someone is a werewolf or not.

Love this board as it can be quite informative about crusies. Husband is planning a big one to Europe next year for out twenty-fifth anniversary. Can't wait!!!

LOL

what a great introduction to this board! I've been semi-lurking here for a few days. Didn't even know it existed until I heard about it on another board.

my nick comes from a former job. I was one of the first women to work as a Production Manager in film in BC and lots of the guys thought I was pretty tough. The name of my production company was LadyDog Productions. I also used to breed and show Kerry Blue Terriers so use lots of dog euphemisms.

I'm much nicer now that I have left the business and work a day job as a Marketing Manager. I volunteer at our community theatre group and am (usually) very nice. <g>

j

Ok Everyone, lets lighten up this board and do something fun! Whats does your CC Name mean and where did it come from! :)

I will start! Ziggy comes from a camp name I was given by the girls at Girl Scout Camp! :) 7 is my favorite number!

As they say a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

My nickname comes from the car I drive a trubo PT Cruiser and the year I was born and I'm a non smoker

I am the proud owner of my second PT Cruiser. This time a Vanilla, Woody Turbo, licence PT Flyer (husband is a pilot). I love that car, so much fun to drive and perfect for a shopper. Lots of room for all the goodies I can't live without.;)

Non smoker of course. :)

Basil was the name of our miniature wire-haired daschund. He had personality plus, and was always making us laugh with his antics. Our cat used to really get him going, and then hide so he couldn't find her. He was a super little guy.

Brandy's our tweeny (mom a standard-dad a mini) 5 yr old wire-haired dachshund..She's 14 lbs, very loveable & funny.. Always makes us laugh..Plays tag with my DH..He can't catch her..Cuts him off at the pass..Looks like a prarie dog when she sits up..Agree they have wonderful personalities & a delight to have..Always had large dogs, Lab was last one & then took care of a mini long-haired Doxi..wanted a long haired, but Breeder only had the wire-haired..So glad we took her.. Did you strip yours or was his hair natural..I don't strip her..

Ziggy great thread..

We sold a piece of land to the county for a large profit when they wanted it to build a bridge..A speculator offered us much less, with a balloon payment 6 months earlier..It was the Fri. before Christmas & he gave us three days to decide:( ..Fortunately My DH found someone in the county appraisers office that was still there..He would not tell us what the land was worth to the county, but advised us to hold on to it..We took the chance & 6 months later we were pleasantly surprised..:D

Decided to spend some of the $$$ on a new Sailboat & needed a name..One of our friends came up with "Land Scam" :o ...Our Niece came up with "Serendipity" which means "to find or have good fortune when you are not looking for it"..

We've sailed more than 25,000 miles with our good friends on "PrimeTime", & after many years of fun decided it was too much work & sold "Serendipity" three days before "Charley" hit last year..That's was Serendipitous..

Now we cruise on "Big Ships" with them & love it..:) r

Great thread, Ziggy--love reading about how people came up with their names!

Mine's simple--I live in Texas and I was called "Em" in college because of our 4 suitemates in the dorm, 3 were named Mary (the others became "Mary Green Bay" and just "Mary).

Sorry if "TexEm" somehow sounds like something Texans might do to someone or something...

(And I'm not sure what the smoking has to do with anything, but I'm a nonsmoker...in the healthcare field, have to take my own advice.)

Mary

About six years ago our niece and her husband stayed with us for a few months while relocating from another city. One day she called the house from her mobile phone, and thinking it was her husband spoke for a bit and then called me "Honey Bunny". We all had a good laugh later and I suggested that she call me 'Uncle Honey Bunny' just to avoid confusion. This has gone on ever since; sometimes they shorten it to 'UHB'. Last year they had a little boy so they have started referring to me as 'GUHB' or Great Uncle Honey Bunny. We have had lots of fun with this.

Bodger refers to a trade in the forests of England before the Industrial age. A bodger turned spindles for chairs (e.g. Windsor chairs) and sold them to the chair maker. Woodturning is my hobby and Bodger was a unique handle to use on woodworking forums (forii?).

Bodger

Harumph! Isn't it obvious? What other moniker would the world's #1 Grump use? I've had a lot of fun with the name... especially on the World Cruise when people would call out "Hi, Grumpy" and others would stop to see what sort of person went by the name of Grumpy. I got to be well enough known by that name that even Captain Gundersen knew who Grumpy was.

The actual origin... well, there was a fun thread that I thought could be interesting to join if I came across as a grumpy old codger... thus Grumpy1 was born.

The other half of the Grumpy and Slinkie duo bred, raised, and showed Oriental cats for many years. Because of their long, tubular bodies, the orientals are often called Slinkiecats, and that's the origin of her name.

Grumpy

After high school I went to college for 1 1/2 years, no degree. This fall I go back to school to get an associates degree. After that, who knows.[/size]

Good for you, daretodream. I started taking college night courses at age 43 and took my BA degree at age 50. I can't tell you how glad I am that I did it. I'm sure you'll find it much different than when you were younger and that you'll appreciate it so much more. I loved being older than some of my professors!!! You'll do great.

We are allowed to have personalized license plates in our province so I decided to simplify the numbered digits to something that would be easy to remember. I am a Masters competitive swimmer and love the water, hence the name "swmrgrl".

I'm not too original either, but lots of folks dont get it either....

BEP is my monogram, and SF is for the city where I've lived for the last 12 years - the longest I've lived anywhere since my Dad was in the USAF (SAC) for 27 years, I was in the USAF for 5 years...

If course, it would really kinda s*** if I ever moved - I'd have to change all my screen names and e-mail addresses and nobody would know who I am!

To answer the question about the werewolves. One, your index finger is longer than your middle finger and you have very bushy eyebrows. It has been along time and these are the only two I can remember. Although if your neighbors start acting weird around the time of a full moon watch out!

swmrgrl--love your avatar!

Grumpy--through all those posts from the World Cruise, never heard you being grumpy...and the Prinsendam crew who knew you said you weren't grumpy at all. How about "The Poster formerly known as Grumpy"?

Mary

Archived