Whats does your CC Name mean???

Ziggy7

My screen name comes from my being a long time cruiser. My first cruise ever was at the age of three(not on Hal). My first Hal cruise was at the age of ten in 1962. Now you can all know my age...lol My email address is my last name spelled backward. My daughter made that up years ago and it has stayed with me ever since. Fun thread to read where some of the screen names have come from. Adele

My nickname comes from the car I drive a trubo PT Cruiser and the year I was born and I'm a non smoker

I am giggling at the smoker reference, no one else seemed to notice how I tried to drag that subject into this fun thread:D

Was the name of our big, fluffy, black cat who we loved so much. She died two years ago and we haven't adopted another one because we travel so frequently and were always scolded by her when we got home. So now we get out kitty "fix" with the friendly one across the street and any others we stop to pet on our bike rides.

Interesting thread.

Happy cruising,

Joanne, the chocoholic

My nickname is Dwarf... because I'm short, stocky, bearded, work with metal and have a workshop that is below grade (my basement, that is). And a friend of mine takes "Dwarf" a little further and will, for example, greet me onthe phone by saying "Hello, O Dwarven One".

And it has nothing to do with my occasional habit of whistling, as loud as I can, "Hi-ho, hi-ho" as I head out of the office on service calls. :-)

Ross

We have a house south of Rosarito, MX in No. Baja that we visit often. (@35 miles south of San Diego) My husband's first name is Fred

It is interesting to see how folks came up with their names.

Like revneal I too have used my handle of laffnvegas for many year starting back over 10 years ago with aol. Basically it is a portion of my last name and the fact that we live in the Las Vegas area.
hehe I always thought your name meant "laugh in Vegas" :)

Awesome replies! Keep them comming !!!!

My name BCEagle78 relates to the fact that I am a graduate of Boston College, class of 1978, which is also the year that I married my soulmate Debbi. We celebrate our 27th Wedding Anniversary on June 11. It is probably easy to figure out that I am 49 years old.

As I mentioned, 1978 was the year that I married my bride Debbi. I know it is unusual these days, people don't marry as young as they used to and don't often stay married for a long time but Debbi and I started dating in high school... although we lived 25 miles apart, we found each other and have only grown closer over the years... back during my college days, Debbi told me that after 5 years of dating that we should be married after I had finished college. Little did I realize that she meant 3 weeks after graduation!!!!

Well, we did it, marrying at the age of 22, not knowing much about the world and somehow we have made it... 3 grown kids and a major move from our native Boston to Orlando. We have made a marriage that is stronger than most any others I have observed. We started with nothing in terms of $$$ and today, we are doing very well through plain old hard work and commitment.

Anyway, a lot of words to describe why I am known as BCEagle78. Now you all know!

We live in Ohio and are huge fans of the Buckeyes (Ohio State University football team). It's been an interesting thread to read. We did our first HAL cruise (Veendam) to Alaska last June and looking forward to cruising on the Volendam in the Caribbean next January. :)

I love this thread and reading about all my new "friends"!

Willowood is the name of our farm in Missouri. We used to raise Appaloosa horses, but it just got to be too much work, so we sold our stallion. We still have several horses, but don't breed them anymore. When DH first signed up here, willowood was already taken, so we became willowoodf, short for Willowood Farm.

And there you go!

As I have an interest in genealogy I came up with the name "Cuttle" as Richard Cuttle was my Great Great Grandfather. I have no idea the origination of the name, but since assigning this name for myself, I Googled and found a picture of a cuttle fish. It looked like a tiny octopus???

Strangely enough, today I had lunch at a Chinese Buffet and one of the dishes, which I had never seen before, was cuttle fish. I had to try it and was no more impressed with the taste or texture, than I was with the picture. I felt like I was eating rubber. Maybe it wasn't cooked right, who knows? It is not something I will be ordering from a menu.

I was looking for some really important topic to make the subject of my first Post/Reply. When I saw this thread I knew that I had hit the Jackpot.

TT - my initials

From - from

SommersTown - Sommers Town, a small area of London between Euston and St Pancras Railway Stations in England.

TT - Welcome to the boards!

I'm another one of those not-too-creative cruisers. Tricia is a variation of my given name and 724 is.....uh.....my area code here in Western Pennsylvania. Well, I told you I wasn't too creative. Come to think of it, I could have been "patinpa" which sounds a little more interesting. I'll remember that next time.

I am a novice at this on line stuff. I am shocked every time it really works the way it is supposed to. dare2dream is my standard screen name I use everywhere.

I have been blessed with a loving husband and 3 great kids. They have grown and left the nest and I am enjoying some wonderful "me" time, something unheard of when they were all home and all my time was consumed with family obligations.

I have never had much self confidence and am beginning to see great things in myself that I never had time to notice before. I have the ability to obtain what I want out of life if I dare to dream. I can set goals, work hard, and achieve the dreams of my heart.

After high school I went to college for 1 1/2 years, no degree. This fall I go back to school to get an associates degree. After that, who knows. I have never cruised before, but in August DH and I will be on the Veendam for our 25th wedding aniversary.

Look around you. There are many things to be grateful for, and many things you can accomplish in your lives. dare2dream.

Brenda

Working for one of the largest global financial services firms in the galaxy, I love to make things happen. Therefore, the name came from the enjoyment I receive when events and people come together for their mutual benefit. Boy, that does not sound very exciting or romantic, but it puts a smile on my face! :D

Great topic!

My name is Ryansmemom, because when I joined Cruise Critic I had just become, Ryan's Memom.

My grandson Ryan was born in November, 2000 right before I joined Cruise Critic. I decided I wanted him to call me Memom because when I called my daughter I always said Hi, it's me, Mom. So I became Memom.

Last July, Ryan was joined by his baby sister Emily. For a while I considered changing my name to RyEmsMemom. I didn't do it because Ryansmemom seems confusing enough to many people.

Anyway, I really adore being Ryan and Emily's Memom.

Linda

I am a novice at this on line stuff. I am shocked every time it really works the way it is supposed to. I have never had much self confidence and am beginning to see great things in myself that I never had time to notice before. I have the ability to obtain what I want out of life if I dare to dream. I can set goals, work hard, and achieve the dreams of my heart.

I have never cruised before, but in August DH and I will be on the Veendam for our 25th wedding aniversary.

Look around you. There are many things to be grateful for, and many things you can accomplish in your lives. dare2dream.

Hi Dare2dream and welcome! Good job and great message! Have a great cruise on the Veendam in August - it's a nice ship!

Archived