English soccer on poa

Archie4

Hi Folks, Don't even know what the fixtures are yet but we are booked for the November 2nd sailing and was wondering if the Fox Soccer channel would be available for the 5am kick offs?

Hi Folks, Don't even know what the fixtures are yet but we are booked for the November 2nd sailing and was wondering if the Fox Soccer channel would be available for the 5am kick offs?

Thought you guys called it "Football":D

I don't know what networks NCL TV is currently showing, but I have never seen FSC on any cruise ship.

That said, many cruise ships do not carry US ESPN. They carry a Caribbean version of ESPN, with some US programming, some Caribbean programming, and some European programming. I have seen major Eurpoean games on cruise ships on that channel.

For your (and my) fall cruise, it's anyone's guess. New TV contracts begin and FSC will not be carrying EPL games. The US rights were awarded to NBC, who will probably broadcast them on their cable channel.

FSC will not be carrying EPL games. The US rights were awarded to NBC, who will probably broadcast them on their cable channel.

NBC Sports channel....Which makes it pretty much impossible to expect it onboard.

I, too, have never seen FSC on any ship. As stated above, we were lucky one year to catch UEFA Champions League games on Caribbean ESPN.

Even sailing in Europe, we never had a game channel, just Sky Sports News. We could see scores and clips, but never matches.

...and you know, watching Sky Sports News for any extended period can be dangerous to your health and mental well being. :p

I really hope not!!! :(

...and you know, watching Sky Sports News for any extended period can be dangerous to your health and mental well being. :p

Which is why that channel is BANNED in our house :D

Thought you guys called it "Football":D

LOL! But I thought I would be talking mostly to 'you guys' Laszio!!

I was on RCCL's Explorer of the Seas a couple of years ago and the Sports Bar did the Fox Sport 'round up' channel along with a lot of other sports. There was Bud Lite...............we got by lol!!!

What whip will you be on?

You would only get a 5am kick off if you were saling in the Pacific. The earliest kick off in the eastern US is 8am.

FSC is based in Los Angeles, so it is 5am there.

Ship is getting ready to go to drydock, so I don't want to bother my friends who work onboard with this, but when I worked the Aloha back in '04-08, we had a separate DirectTV set up in the sports bar that had all of the ESPN channels, and others, for a total of about 16 strictly sports channels. I know that soccer is covered on at least some of these channels, and all you had to do was ask they guys tending bar there to get your channel on at least one of the screens. I believe that PoA is similar.

Archived