So complicated changing reservation question

Hopefully this is not as complicated as I think it is. Here we go...

I booked a cruise (a specific sailing- not a next cruise) on Liberty in November. The future booking is not until 2014, so I can change the sail date without issue. However, when I booked the loyalty ambassador put my husband as the primary passenger (probably assuming it wouldn't matter).

Now, we cannot take the cruise due to a scheduling conflict. However I am ready to book a girls cruise with my sister. I am fresh out of nextcruise certificates. Can I take my husband off the onboard booking (even though he is the primary passenger), put me as the primary passenger, and add my sister to the reservation? Thus keeping my reduced deposit and onboard credit? :o :eek:

Oh Clarea where art thou? But can anybody advise me as to whether or not this is feasible? I always hate to cancel a cruise booked onboard as I would rather change the sailing date and keep the reduced deposit and obc.

Hopefully this is not as complicated as I think it is. Here we go...

I booked a cruise (a specific sailing- not a next cruise) on Liberty in November. The future booking is not until 2014, so I can change the sail date without issue. However, when I booked the loyalty ambassador put my husband as the primary passenger (probably assuming it wouldn't matter).

Now, we cannot take the cruise due to a scheduling conflict. However I am ready to book a girls cruise with my sister. I am fresh out of nextcruise certificates. Can I take my husband off the onboard booking (even though he is the primary passenger), put me as the primary passenger, and add my sister to the reservation? Thus keeping my reduced deposit and onboard credit? :o :eek:

Oh Clarea where art thou? But can anybody advise me as to whether or not this is feasible? I always hate to cancel a cruise booked onboard as I would rather change the sailing date and keep the reduced deposit and obc.

As long as one of the original names on the booking remains, you can change all the others.

Even in the two weeks I have been here I knew you would have an answer for me :). Thank you very much.

Now will I be able to put myself as the primary passenger? Or will that be irrelevant?

Even in the two weeks I have been here I knew you would have an answer for me :). Thank you very much.

Now will I be able to put myself as the primary passenger? Or will that be irrelevant?

I honestly don't know what the purpose of is of designating someone as the primary passenger. Perhaps one of our TA friends (Kathy?) can explain the purpose.

Clarea is like Beetlejuice, if you say his name three times, he appears! :D Speaking of, Bob, can you answer my question on the I might be going on the Jewel thread? Search is giving me 99 opinions and no concrete facts!

I'm also possibly booking the Jewel. My biggest problem is not knowing if I can get a second person to go or not and the airfare :( Related to that, I have searched the boards and come up with conflicting info. If I book now, leaving in a few weeks, obviously, I have to pay in full. If the second person can't go, I understand he will lose his money, but, when I check in, will they charge me a single supplement as well? If so, should I just check in, if they ask, says he's coming later and just have him be a no-show?

They will do nothing to you except smile and give you your SeaPass. The other passenger should officially cancel - s/he will at least get port fees and taxes back.

No worries - nothing bad will happen to you if your companion does not sail.

:)

But, if he cancels ahead of time, won't they charge me single supplement then? I'm actually paying for the whole thing, I know I'm paying for two, regardless of if he goes or not, but, I'm afraid they will charge me 3 times, if you understand that??

There is no single sopplemaent to add on as you have already paid for double occupancy. You will get the taxes and fees refunded and if your sailing has a lower, i.e. 175% single occ. rate, you may also get a fare reduction.

This happened on my May sailing on the Brilliance last year. Garanteed rate not available for singles so I booked 2 pax and then 30 days before sailing changed the booking to solo. Received taxes and charges back plus as the sailing was only 150% single occ. got half of the second pax rate back as well.

Pete

But, if he cancels ahead of time, won't they charge me single supplement then? I'm actually paying for the whole thing, I know I'm paying for two, regardless of if he goes or not, but, I'm afraid they will charge me 3 times, if you understand that??

Your cabinmate will not get the fare back if you are within two weeks of sailing. 75% if it's a little bit longer. So the cruiseline already has the other fare. :D

If you have already paid for two and one cancels during the timeframe that a single supplement will be charged (after final payment but prior to two weeks before the cruise) then it would be applied to what has already been paid and the difference would be refunded. One person would never be charged for three.

Also, Royal does not have "primary" passengers in any sense.

I have put "TBD" in a cabin with me many times!!! It's not a problem, and you just add the person later on.

But, yes, you will go to a single supplement if you remove one person from the booking, so add good 'ole TBD in there!! :D

I have put "TBD" in a cabin with me many times!!! It's not a problem, and you just add the person later on.

But, yes, you will go to a single supplement if you remove one person from the booking, so add good 'ole TBD in there!! :D

This is a good idea. Another good reason to add a "TBD" is to ensure there is space for that person. Sometimes a ship can fill up in such a way that new guests cannot be added to existing staterooms because a particular muster station is filled.

Why put TBD in there - you'll end up paying the NCCF and taxes for a phantom person?

Here's a breakdown to help those that don't understand the single supplement

Base Cruise Fare for two people $2,000 ($1,000pp)

Non Comm. Cruise fare for two people $500 ($250pp

----------------------------------------------------

Total Cruise fare for two people $2,500 ($1,250pp)

Taxes for two people: $200 ($100pp)

Total for cruise for two $2,700 ($1,350pp)

Single Supplement breakdown:

Base cruise fare for 1 person $2,000

Non Comm. Cruise fare for 1 person $250

----------------------------------------

Total cruise fare for 1 person $2,250

Taxes for 1 person $100

Total cruise for 1 person: $2,350

See? By not adding that 'TBD' you save $350 in this example. There is never going to be a case where the total for 1 is more than the total for 2.

Beyond that, you don't need the TBD in there to hold the second place in case you add someone, as Royal's occupancy limits do not apply to adding a second passenger - only third and fourth.

Why put TBD in there - you'll end up paying the NCCF and taxes for a phantom person?

Here's a breakdown to help those that don't understand the single supplement

Base Cruise Fare for two people $2,000 ($1,000pp)

Non Comm. Cruise fare for two people $500 ($250pp

----------------------------------------------------

Total Cruise fare for two people $2,500 ($1,250pp)

Taxes for two people: $200 ($100pp)

Total for cruise for two $2,700 ($1,350pp)

Single Supplement breakdown:

Base cruise fare for 1 person $2,000

Non Comm. Cruise fare for 1 person $250

----------------------------------------

Total cruise fare for 1 person $2,250

Taxes for 1 person $100

Total cruise for 1 person: $2,350

See? By not adding that 'TBD' you save $350 in this example. There is never going to be a case where the total for 1 is more than the total for 2.

Beyond that, you don't need the TBD in there to hold the second place in case you add someone, as Royal's occupancy limits do not apply to adding a second passenger - only third and fourth.

I put TBD in my reservations because I want to know the price for two. Also, you are not charged the taxes and port fees until final payment, so having TBD gives you the full price for two.

The OP is going to have a second person in the cabin, and I always do, too. If it ends up being my bff, then she just reimburses me for the $100 deposit, and pays for the rest when final payment is due.

Archived