Uh-oh-- I got my GTY cabin assignment!

Shelli

Be thankful you got it changed! This JUST happened to me on the Gem for the 2/23 sailing. We booked a gty. Got cabin 8005. However my ta said ncl wouldn't switch it. We did book last minute tho( like a week before)

Anyway, it was baddddddd!!!! Soooooo rough ! Coud feel everything!! Also the anchor noise when we docked. Although it did not ruin our cruise at all, I will never ever, like ever book a fwd cabin again!!

My DH and I had the farthest inside cabin forward on the Sky a couple of years ago and we loved it. No complaints. No motion issues and VERY quiet. We booked late and there wasn't much choice in cabins, but knowing what I know now, I'd do it again.

It won't be to bad! We frequently book PT cabins on CCL and have never had any problems. Once it was rough, but it was rough allover the ship. Have a Blessed Trip! Mikey<><

My Rhapsody cruise back in 2004 was a GTY bought from an auction for less than $300.00. So when we ended up on the lowest passenger deck up front. I couldn't complain. It was cheap and out of Galveston which made it very cheap for me. For the most part it wasn't a bad cruise until hurricane Ivan formed and turned back into us. Felt like we were on a roller coaster ride. Granted, everywhere felt like that, but just a tad worse up front. But after that day was over, it was a very nice cruise and felt almost no motion.

I always book Owner suite guaranted and have no issue with location ;)

Just kidding here ..... I might, just might temp the faith next cruise I book and try a gty cabin....

If I am ok with the "worst" cabin in that category.. Then I might take the chance

Have fun !!

We're on the Dawn next month, and as we frequently do with excellent results, we booked an inside guarantee. I guess our good luck finally caught up with us, because we're in 8003, in the very (very!) front of the ship.

I guess I'd better stock up on Bonine! <sigh>

What is the date of your cruise. We booked a guarantee for April 21, and haven't received a room assignment yet.

Shelli: Don't worry too much about it. We always book the aft facing balconys which are suppose to be the worse area for motion. However, we have never noticed anything different. If the ship is rocking and rolling you will feel it in most areas of the ship. Look on the plus side, you are not near the supposed "haunted cabins" on the Dawn. :eek: Have a great cruise! :)

What is the Haunted cabin #? Who supposedly haunts it.

something to do with chair hogging...I think :D:eek:

That's the worst case of cabin hogging !!! Sticking to it even in death ;)

I have read stories about this cabin.... Even if I do not really believe in these stories, I am not sure I would book it :O

What is the date of your cruise. We booked a guarantee for April 21, and haven't received a room assignment yet.

Hi Barb. We booked GTY ocean view (only option when we booked) for March 19 on the Spirit and we still don't have our cabin! Our cruise is only 10 days away! We look about five times a day in anticipation.

We're on the Dawn next month, and as we frequently do with excellent results, we booked an inside guarantee. I guess our good luck finally caught up with us, because we're in 8003, in the very (very!) front of the ship.

I guess I'd better stock up on Bonine! <sigh>

we have done GTY many times with mixed results: one time (on the Jewel) we got, like, front of the ship. I think we were in cabin 5004 or 6. We did have an outside, but that was about it. On a HAL cruise we sorta lucked out: as far aft as one can get. The rest of the time, neither good or bad. We don't do gty anymore.

Hi Shelli!

Oh no! I hope you get a call from the upgrade fairy. I had a hulled balcony 9008 in Dec all the way forward and enjoyed the rocking.

Btw! Sugar-free Hawaain Punch (Only $1 a box at Walmart) made a yummy "junkapoo" rum punch. Maybe that will help counter the rockin and straighten you out. :D

Bon voyage!

Hi Shelli!

Oh no! I hope you get a call from the upgrade fairy. I had a hulled balcony 9008 in Dec all the way forward and enjoyed the rocking.

Btw! Sugar-free Hawaain Punch (Only $1 a box at Walmart) made a yummy "junkapoo" rum punch. Maybe that will help counter the rockin and straighten you out. :D

Bon voyage!

Thanks, Kyle! Where are you and Ben off to next?

I'm well stocked on faux Crystal Light, thanks. I do enjoy my Kickapoo Joy Juice! :)

Thanks, Kyle! Where are you and Ben off to next? I'm well stocked on faux Crystal Light, thanks. I do enjoy my Kickapoo Joy Juice! :)

Thanks to you I'm switching from vodka to rum from now on :p so I can have my "kickapoo". Ah "kickapoo". Right! That makes sense. It does have a nice "kick". :) Ben's off next to Rotterdam end of April to bring the Breakaway home :D.

Archived