Condolences for those sailing this week

That site doesn't show numbers, only schools. Other site will give you numbers (TA sites that can't be linked here) and this coming week has approx, 2.6 million off and the week after is 1.8 million. Last week was only 700k.

Edit to add:

That site is also missing a lot of schools because the site I use shows more that 20 colleges on spring break for the week of your cruise which is just over 237k students.

Awesome! Thanks for the additional info...so looking forward to the 30th!!

Half kidding half serious. Most of the SEC and schools in the southeast is on spring break this week. My daughter and 50 of her sorority sisters are sailing on the Jewel.

We made the mistake of going the first week of March two years ago and :eek:. We enjoyed the cruise, but it was a wild ride compared to the usual relaxation.

Have fun CC friends :)

This is why I stopped sailing March through August. Too many kids/students. I now sail in September when I know they are all in school (with the exception of kids not old enough to be in school yet) I made the mistake of going on a cruise during spring break once (in 1999) with a friend of mine who was on spring break, but I didn't know until then that breakers chose cruises. I always thought they were land lubbers. Lesson learned:) Happy and safe cruising (P.S. I'll keep all of you, who are cruising during spring break, in my prayers;))

I so agree with you, just like being on the beach during spring break. It is crazy, We have now found other, less "spring break" beach to go to during March. I really don't want to be at the beach/ship listening to a bunch of young kids swearing up a storm and talking about sex/drugs all day. No thank you.

When you were in college was every conversation you had about sex drugs or swearing? That isn't a college kid things, that is a classless trash thing and age doesn't matter.

When you have kids, you don't really have a choice! My kids are so spread apart, we couldn't do the take a week off school because at least one of them was in Middle School or High School or College and couldn't miss! Also my son does sports and academic competitions almost every weekend. When they were all little, we couldn't afford to cruise! On Freedom Sunday - hoping it's just a bunch of kids, not so much the rowdy College kids, and if there are rowdy ones they'd better not mess with my 19 yo daughter, her daddy might get arrested the ship for throwing a frat boy overboard ;)

You are FUNNY! We are on the same cruise and have a 15 year old daughter so my husband will join yours if anyone comes near her!

So....we were wondering, is Spring Break pretty much over by April 15th? <fingers crossed> We have a trip planned to Cabo San Lucas planned on that date and we were trying to arrange it AFTER Easter, but before our airline voucher credit expired. TYIA :D

So....we were wondering, is Spring Break pretty much over by April 15th? <fingers crossed> We have a trip planned to Cabo San Lucas planned on that date and we were trying to arrange it AFTER Easter, but before our airline voucher credit expired. TYIA :D

Absolutely. Some school districts are on the quick descent to the end of the school year then! Others are in the middle of the final report card period.

Some colleges can actually be finished at that date.

College spring break will definitely be over at that time. However, that is April school vacation week for some of the northern states (K-12). For MA, April school vacation week coincides with Patriot's day which is April 15th this year.

Absolutely. Some school districts are on the quick descent to the end of the school year then! Others are in the middle of the final report card period.

Some colleges can actually be finished at that date.

Thank you, thank you Carol! We don't follow school breaks, but we were very much hoping it wouldn't still be happening. :D

~Patti :)

College spring break will definitely be over at that time. However, that is April school vacation week for some of the northern states (K-12). For MA, April school vacation week coincides with Patriot's day which is April 15th this year.

Thanks! Hopefully, they won't be coming all the way over to Cabo. :D

Archived