Question about Port Everglade

momscruising

We will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale the day of our cruise and wanted to know if anyone could help our group with a question or two. We don't want to travel with our beverages and wanted to know if we could drop our luggage off with the porters and then walk to a convenience store nearby, or I guess I should ask if there is a store nearby withing walking distance to Port Everglade? I didn't know if you could walk out through the gate and back again. We have some free time between our flight and embarkment, but not long enough to go to the beach or on an organized outing. We've always had at least one pre cruise night in the past and that eliminated this problem, but with more in our group, it just didn't work out this time. Thank you for any help.

We will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale the day of our cruise and wanted to know if anyone could help our group with a question or two. We don't want to travel with our beverages and wanted to know if we could drop our luggage off with the porters and then walk to a convenience store nearby, or I guess I should ask if there is a store nearby withing walking distance to Port Everglade? I didn't know if you could walk out through the gate and back again. We have some free time between our flight and embarkment, but not long enough to go to the beach or on an organized outing. We've always had at least one pre cruise night in the past and that eliminated this problem, but with more in our group, it just didn't work out this time. Thank you for any help.

We always fly in a day early. I hope you have an early flight and arrive before 2PM. We flew in Saturday, March 2nd and arrived into Ft. Lauderdale an hour late, 3:45. The flight attendant asked everyone to stay in their seats so the people with connecting flights and those catching a cruise ship could get off first. I sure hope the ones getting off didn't have a 4pm departure on one of the cruise ships.

Unless Congress takes action, expect flight delays due to air traffic control positions being reduced due to funding issues. I'd consider flying in a day early.

Our flight is due to land in Ft. Lauderdale at 9:15 AM, so I'm hoping we're not that delayed. I do appreciate the concern though. If we could all fly in the day before, that would be great, but with some of our schedules, it just doesn't allow us that luxury.

I don't know what beverages you want but we have pre-ordered from Total Wine and had the cab stop by there on the way to the ship while we pick up our purchase. Toal Wine has a web page with an extensive list of their products and you can order by phone. The will have it packaged and ready for pick up. When we did this it worked out great. There is also a Publix supermarket in the same shoping center and you could make a quick stop in there at the same time if needed.

If your plane arrives close to the scheduled time, then you will have time to go to Total Wines and/or Publix next to it. Easiest way is to preorder your wine with TW and just pick them up on the way to the port. It is not far out of their way. Alternative is to drop your luggage off at the port and then have that taxi take you to TW. You should have plenty of time.

If your ship is docked at Terminal 2, you can easily check in and then disembark and walk to Publix or Total Wine. It's approximately a 15 minute walk. We've done it many times. When you return to the port, you'll need to show some ID in order to get back in, but it's very simple. You can check the Port Everglades website to find out which terminal your ship will be docked at. Princess' preferred terminal is Terminal 2, which is right by the port entrance.:)

Anita

I would not walk out of that port even if you are sailing from the closest

terminal to 17th Street. It is not pedestrian friendly. Take a cab

back and forth.

I would not walk out of that port even if you are sailing from the closest

terminal to 17th Street. It is not pedestrian friendly. Take a cab

back and forth.

Sorry, have to disagree on this one. Walked with suitcases on wheels from Terminal 2 this past Saturday (along with tons of crew members) once out of the parking garage there was a good sidewalk all the way to 17th street. It was very pedestrian friendly.

@OP there is a Walgreen's on the corner at 17th and the Total Wine store would be another 5-7 minute walk from there. There is also a Dollar Tree on 17th that can be handy for picking up last minute needs for the ship. We purchased some fake coke in cans 4/$1 which was just a good size for us and there were tons of people buying chips, gum, peanuts.

Sorry, have to disagree on this one. Walked with suitcases on wheels from Terminal 2 this past Saturday (along with tons of crew members) once out of the parking garage there was a good sidewalk all the way to 17th street. It was very pedestrian friendly.

@OP there is a Walgreen's on the corner at 17th and the Total Wine store would be another 5-7 minute walk from there. There is also a Dollar Tree on 17th that can be handy for picking up last minute needs for the ship. We purchased some fake coke in cans 4/$1 which was just a good size for us and there were tons of people buying chips, gum, peanuts.

I always sail from 18 and will be sailing from 24/25 next

month. In all my years of cruising out of Port Everglades I have never

walked from the ship to 17th Street and don't plan to.......

I don't know terminal 2.....

Glad it worked for you though......:)

Archived