Pinnacle Class Ship......

sail7seas

It's been quiet about the new ship.

Any word if steel is cut?

Anyone heard more about design changes from Signature?

If she's to be built by Fall of 2015, lots to be done between now and then.......

Including a Name!!! :)

If she's to be built by Fall of 2015, lots to be done between now and then.......

No steel cut yet

No name yet

There's a computorized artist's drawing out of her design, pretty much an advanced Signature class

No steel cut yet

No name yet

There's a computorized artist's drawing out of her design, pretty much an advanced Signature class

I've seen the exterior computerized drawing but am wondering the inside changes. What new alternative restaurants? Any new bars? Cabins to be the same or some changes?

I'm curious those sort of things.

I thought the name got settled: Groosterdam :eek:

I remain unconvinced that the Largerdam will be anything like that computer graphic. Notably, it lacks the wraparound promenade, and the retractable roof over the midship pool. Both of those are crucial to the Holland America brand, IMO.

And interior questions are really anyone's guess. But I will bet that the new specialty restaurant will be above the Pinnacle, or else directly adjacent to the 2nd floor of the MDR.

I remain unconvinced that the Largerdam will be anything like that computer graphic. Notably, it lacks the wraparound promenade, and the retractable roof over the midship pool. Both of those are crucial to the Holland America brand, IMO.

Right you are, on both counts. :eek:

Is it going to be the 106 ft beam of the current fleet, or the soon-to-be new Panamax that's about 60 ft wider? If the latter, that could mean a lot of interior differences.

And interior questions are really anyone's guess. But I will bet that the new specialty restaurant will be above the Pinnacle, or else directly adjacent to the 2nd floor of the MDR.

I agree with you. :)

Retractable roof and wraparound promenade are 'mandatory'... IMO

Is it going to be the 106 ft beam of the current fleet, or the soon-to-be new Panamax that's about 60 ft wider? If the latter, that could mean a lot of interior differences.
I swear I read somewhere that it was going to have a 156ft beam. I tried to find where I read that, but I couldn't. Maybe I dreamed it.

I'm going to stick with the Grand Statendam.

... mainly because I am exceptionally stubborn!!!

I also say, I have to say that with a wider ship the interior possibilities are endless!!!! I would die without a walkaround promenade deck...

It will probably end up with interior facing verandahs. The numerous extra staterooms have to go somewhere.

igraf

...I also say, I have to say that with a wider ship the interior possibilities are endless!!!! I would die without a walkaround promenade deck...

Speaking with a Senior HAL officer. The ship will look similar to the Costa Concordia. With a few minor additions.

That keel at Fincantieri (sp) is pretty generic, so it could be changed into many designs.

Speaking with a Senior HAL officer. The ship will look similar to the Costa Concordia. With a few minor additions.

That keel at Fincantieri (sp) is pretty generic, so it could be changed into many designs.

Not exactly a strong selling point ....... though we did see several Costa ships out in the Indian Ocean so business seems to remain good for them. Think I'll go look at their pricing.

Per Stan Kuppens the Pinnacle Class ship will look almost identical to the Signature Class ships.

Interior design will be different as the old designer has retired.

Current spaces such as the Pinnacle Gill,Canaletto,Crow's nest,Explorers Lounge etc will remain with the addition of 4 new spaces.

Seems the devil is in the details.

I don't expect major design changes ie: wrap around promenade and Lido pool etc. It will be an expansion of what is currently available in the Signature Class with new technology able to be retro fitted to the Signature class if successful.

Once Stan Kuppens leaves the Eurodam things will truly be underway.Think a bigger Eurodam. Oh yeah and a 2 level Queen's lounge for added alternative entertainment options.

It will probably end up with interior facing verandahs. The numerous extra staterooms have to go somewhere.

igraf

Interior facing verandas would require something like the "Central Park" of Oasis and Allure. That requires significant widening of the ship. Don't see that as likely.

Interior facing verandas would require something like the "Central Park" of Oasis and Allure. That requires significant widening of the ship. Don't see that as likely.

Not gonna happen!;) Be safe/watch your six dude!

Archived