When does the Upgrade Fairy Visit?

Great information thanks for posting. We are Diamond + C&A members and have NEVER been upgraded. We usually book JS cabins. I wonder if RCI looks to see how often someone has been upgraded or if it's just the luck of the draw? Seems kind of crazy that some cruisers have been upgraded a few times and some have never been. Thinking that RCI needs to spread the "wealth" around a little more. :p

Also D+ and have never been upgraded. :(

Same here so that's good (or bad) to know that we are not alone. And we do not criuise at peak times of the year either. I have read posts from other D+ that have never been upgraded .

The problem with booking a JS is that it is only possible to upgrade to a larger suite, and there are less of them than there are regular balcony cabins or JSs. Therefore the chances of any upgrade is very slim.

We have been lucky enough to have been given various upgrades over the years, but we have cruised alot. The funniest one was on our last Allure cruise. we were upgraded to a Loft Suite after the original occupier was asked to leave the cruise on day 2, we we enjoy their Suite for the rest of the week. :D

Great information thanks for posting. We are Diamond + C&A members and have NEVER been upgraded. We usually book JS cabins. I wonder if RCI looks to see how often someone has been upgraded or if it's just the luck of the draw? Seems kind of crazy that some cruisers have been upgraded a few times and some have never been. Thinking that RCI needs to spread the "wealth" around a little more. :p

Same here so that's good (or bad) to know that we are not alone. And we do not criuise at peak times of the year either. I have read posts from other D+ that have never been upgraded .

The problem with booking a JS is that it is only possible to upgrade to a larger suite, and there are less of them than there are regular balcony cabins or JSs. Therefore the chances of any upgrade is very slim.

We have been lucky enough to have been given various upgrades over the years, but we have cruised alot. The funniest one was on our last Allure cruise. we were upgraded to a Loft Suite after the original occupier was asked to leave the cruise on day 2, we we enjoy their Suite for the rest of the week. :D

ChipLondon, you are probably right. We have cruised at all different times of year not just peak times, so that isn't the case for us. Right now our FOS has a Owner's Suite available and would absolutely love love love to get upgraded to that for our May 2013 cruise. Someone once told me that it has something to do with how much you usually spend on board but I'm not sure that is correct information either. Let's hope RCI makes it a bit more fair for their loyal cruisers. That's all I would ask. Everyone have a great weekend and as always Happy Cruising!

On my very first cruise ever, which was our honeymoon, we were upgraded from ocean view to a balcony room. It was amazing! But it's ruined me for forever, because I don't think I can ever go back to an ocean view or inside room.

We are scheduled to sail on the AOS in two weeks and I just realized we were lucky to book a hump balcony. I was hoping for an upgrade to a JS if the upgrade fairy were to visit us again. But now I am wondering what is better, my hump balcony or a JS?

Sounds like there's a good story there.....................;)

ChipLondon, you are probably right. We have cruised at all different times of year not just peak times, so that isn't the case for us. Right now our FOS has a Owner's Suite available and would absolutely love love love to get upgraded to that for our May 2013 cruise. Someone once told me that it has something to do with how much you usually spend on board but I'm not sure that is correct information either. Let's hope RCI makes it a bit more fair for their loyal cruisers. That's all I would ask. Everyone have a great weekend and as always Happy Cruising!

The thing is, you never know who else is going to be on your sailing.

One great suite left?

You could have 550 credits, but if someone who has 675 credits is on board, you are SOL.

on my very first cruise ever, which was our honeymoon, we were upgraded from ocean view to a balcony room. It was amazing! But it's ruined me for forever, because i don't think i can ever go back to an ocean view or inside room.

We are scheduled to sail on the aos in two weeks and i just realized we were lucky to book a hump balcony. I was hoping for an upgrade to a js if the upgrade fairy were to visit us again. But now i am wondering what is better, my hump balcony or a js?

js.

We got upgraded ONCE back when I was Platinum on the LOS from inside to PR cabins (we had 2 booked-1 was my kids- and both were upgraded).

Other than that, none. I think since we mostly have balconies to begin with, the chances of upgrades are less to begin with.

Maybe when i get married and tell them it's our honeymoon we will have a chance at an upgrade :)

The thing is, you never know who else is going to be on your sailing.

One great suite left?

You could have 550 credits, but if someone who has 675 credits is on board, you are SOL.

Thanks Merion Mom, very interesting. I notice on our sailing there are still quite a few JS and GS left too. I bet there will be a price drop to try to sell out those cabins. If the OS was to go down, I may consider just ugrading us. Right now we are in a GS. Keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

Archived