CNN reporting another Carnival Ship having trouble (The Dream)

vinsheer

I dont have the fortitude to read thru the entire 78 pages of drivel, but has anyone stopped to consider the fact that if carnival privately charters planes to get people home, the trip will remain a "closed loop" trip eliminating the passport requirement?

Ditto! The azipods could fall off every Carnival ship' date=' and the devote cheerleaders will still defend them to the end. I'm not saying Carnival is a horrible product, but it is now time for me to be a little more skeptical of them and any other cruise line. Will I stop cruising because of all that has happened in the past.....HECK NO!!!! I love cruising too much to do that. However, I will also not knowingly put my family in harms way either. After my last Carnival cruise aboard the Elation, I had already decided to either go back to Royal or try another line. I've just grown stale of Carnival. Oh well.....[/quote']

Carnival owns Cunard, Holland of America, Costa....I am probably missing a couple but.........has that topic come up on this thread? I am sorry to be coming in so late with this post. I wanted to do a Cunard Transatlantic when I come back "home".....definitely not going to do that now.

I dont have the fortitude to read thru the entire 78 pages of drivel, but has anyone stopped to consider the fact that if carnival privately charters planes to get people home, the trip will remain a "closed loop" trip eliminating the passport requirement?

Oh cmon you can suffer along with the rest of us:eek:

They are been flown to Orlando not Port Canaveral

Some of the cruisers are actually been flown to there home airports as well

Not really aimed at the last poster, but wow, 99% of this thread has absolutely no information in it, just people sniping at each other. And when someone does post actual information, it gets buried in a thread like this.. Oh well..

Well said!

It won't and it doesn't. Keep reading, someone posted the actual statute.

I have only been here a few days but I think it is safe to say that some of the authors here are the kings and queens of conspiracy. They are engineers, lawyers, immigration officers, company CEOs and the biggest cruise experts in the world and are armed with a big wooden spoon. I thought classic car enthusiasts were bad enough but my God this web site is ......................I dont have the right words.

Train wreck?

Dead horse?

Mr. Pete is a Carnival Cheerleader.............hmmmm Doesn't have an open mind and is a JH fan.............sad.

You are... Not correct.

Can anyone post where we were talking about the Destiny name change being unluck? I'm at an event, using my portable Commodore 64, and can not find it.

The real question should be, will this be fixed in a weeks time?

Good point. It takes for all practical purposes two days to get from St. Maarten to PC. If that ship isn't on it's way by Thursday mid-day, I think they are going to have an even bigger problem on their hands.

Mr. Pete is a Carnival Cheerleader.............hmmmm Doesn't have an open mind and is a JH fan.............sad.

Say what?!?

That might be the funniest post I've read here in months.:D

Don't worry Pete. Some of us get it:D

Good point. It takes for all practical purposes two days to get from St. Maarten to PC. If that ship isn't on it's way by Thursday mid-day, I think they are going to have an even bigger problem on their hands.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5261

Read this.... They have to be back way before Thurs because they have to head back to Port Canaveral so they can put in a new emergency generator. They better be kicking the last of the people off the ship by tomorrow morning and get the heck back or next weeks cruise will be cancelled also.

My family and I are going on the Dream on Sat, hopefully.

So there is a real risk that the next sailing might be cancelled also?

They have only canceled one cruise so far. The ship needs to get back to Port Canaveral for repairs. Anyone who says it won't be ready for the cruise the next week is just speculating.

Don't read too much into it.

So there is a real risk that the next sailing might be cancelled also?

I would be surprised if Dream didn't leave St Maarten tomorrow afternoon. If there are still a few passengers left they might well be put up in local hotels.

Once back in PC, work will likely proceed 24x7 until the repair is done, tested, and certified.

Never say never. But I doubt Carnival will easily give up million$.

Archived