All Things Glory!

msstarr22

Looking for any hints, tips and good things to do on the Glory. I sailed her before the 2.0 so I am really looking forward to my sailing in November. Anyone want to give an old girl a heads up?;)

There's already an "All Things Glory" thread. Here is the link...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=664175&highlight=all+things+glory

the above theat was started in 2007 a lot of information (especially from before november 2012) is all outdated information

guys burgers, serenity area.

gone is the mongolian staion which is a favorite of many people

hasbro game shows are down 3-4 times

divas, motor city are night time shows

Looking for any hints, tips and good things to do on the Glory. I sailed her before the 2.0 so I am really looking forward to my sailing in November. Anyone want to give an old girl a heads up?;)

I was on Glory last week. The Serenity area is really nice, IMO. Also, it's two levels, not just one. They serve sandwiches at the Serenity bar on sea days - I had the shrimp salad and it was yummy. Really enjoyed Guy's burgers. Taste was fun and delicious, but only open 4 of the 7 nights. I always enjoy selections served at the Fish and Chips for lunch. The best deal for a massage in the spa was on the 5th day - several different types of massages offered for $89. Order a cheese plate at dinner to go and then enjoy it later with a glass of wine.

the above theat was started in 2007 a lot of information (especially from before november 2012) is all outdated information

guys burgers, serenity area.

gone is the mongolian staion which is a favorite of many people

hasbro game shows are down 3-4 times

divas, motor city are night time shows

I sailed the glory last month and wasn't impressed. Blue iguana was vile, guys was ok, the entertainment was really bad with horrible singers. There's like 3 shows and repeated. I miss the singing couch. The comedy shows were also repeated and it was so crowded in the back theater there wasn't enough seats for anyone. The ship I thought was getting upgraded with new stuff. The stateroom I was in was not upgraded but just a flat screen. And there was a hole in the lampshade. It was very unimpressivd and felt like downgrades, I don't think carnival cares and wants u sail their other lines. After 4 carnival cruises I'm doing royal Caribbean next. Already know wha ship I want and I'm booking. Boo to carnival!

Really enjoyed Guy's burgers. Taste was fun and delicious, but only open 4 of the 7 nights. .

did they say why?

Guys burgers closes at 6 and is supposed to be opened every day.

I just returned Sunday from the Glory and Guy's was open every night until 6. I think the previous poster meant that the Taste Bar wasn't open every night. We absolutely loved the Glory. We did the Cheers program and it was worth every penny. The entertainment was decent. The MDR food was ok. We didn't eat there every night and I don't think we made the wisest decisions when ordering. I thought the Blue Igauana Cantina, Guys burgers, Fish and Chips, and the Pizza Pirate were all very good. All this said, we're already looking at booking the same stateroom on the Glory for our second cruise.

yes, the taste bar is only opened on a few nights. Sucked for us when we had early dinner---

• Complimentary bite-size appetizers inspired by ‘Fun Ship 2.0’ dining venues; offerings may include appetizers from: BlueIguana Cantina; Cucina del Capitano; RedFrog Pub; Comfort Kitchen; Carnival’s Classic American Steakhouses

so one night you got a smallist meatball and a slice of brucetta bread.

another night we got chicken, avocado, lime and cilantro soup paired with roast pork, green chili salsa, aged cotija cheese on a tortilla,

This Taste Bar taste is fried malanga sweet potato filled with ginger-scented pork, alongside a lime aioli and pepper pot with cilantro sour cream… and was inspired by RedFrog Pub. (we didnt try ths one)

Short ribs crocette was fabulous too I didnt care for the pumkin soup though.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2012/menus/taste_bar.html

We just got off from the March 3-10 Glory....Blue Iquana was great!! Very fresh and made to order. Guys Burgers was o.k. too. Fish and Chips were a little greasy for my taste but certainly like the upstairs seating area.

Please keep the comments and suggestions coming. We booked the Glory to Canada last week and there are not a lot of threads about the Glory since the 2.0.

I didn't know that they did away with the Mongolian wok. My family loves those.

was sad about mongolian station and it was missed especially since i stayed on the ship most port days too

we are booked on the glory heading to canada too august 19 out of new york

We've sailed the Glory before when she was in Port Canaveral...I really enjoyed the fish and chips ...never have been really crazy for the Mongolian Grill as there is usually such a long line..and they use so much oil to prepare the food...IMHO...I do have a question though..is the fish and chips place open at night? I'm guessing it's not??

We have gotten to the point in our cruising history that 7 nights of the dining room is almost too much and we enjoy a quick dinner in the Lido sometimes...so we can go and do other things...it would be nice to be able to go upstairs to the fish and chips place.

I would avoid the glory, it was one of the least impressive ships I was on. I really didn't like the spirit class, but I enjoyd the décor of the Miracle except for the grape dining room. But the glory was as bad as my victory cruise in 2006. I am glad I am going on Royal Caribbean in Jan over Carnival!

I loved the Glory the last time I was on her and now I can't wait to see all the upgrades she was given during dry dock in November!! Freedom class is a little difficult to maneuver through compared to spirit class IMO...but that could just be because spirit class is my favorite :D.

I was on the Glory in 2008 and will be cruising her again to New England/Canada in October. One thing that I fell in love with on the Glory the first time was the Kaleidoscope Ceilings in the Atrium... Please tell me they are still there? Silly, yes, but I guess I'm easily entertained...

I would avoid the glory, it was one of the least impressive ships I was on. I really didn't like the spirit class, but I enjoyd the décor of the Miracle except for the grape dining room. But the glory was as bad as my victory cruise in 2006. I am glad I am going on Royal Caribbean in Jan over Carnival!

Since you dislike Carnival and the Glory so much, you should head on over to the RCI boards and introduce yourself so they can get to know you and your amazing personality. I'm sure you were an absolutely delightful person to be around while you were on your Glory cruise and I would bet that your fellow cruisers are very saddened by your switch to RCI. :rolleyes:

Yes there is, I believe it's called the Blue Bar. We went in it get a drink (in order to accomplish my goal of getting a drink from every bar on board) but alas, it was to smoky for us to stay

Thank you! I figured Bar Blue was a smoking bar (if there was one) just from looking at the size and location on the deck plans. You've just made my hubby even more excited about our cruise!

We just returned off the Glory and had a great time! We have cruised over 15 times and had not been on Carnival for awhile. Aside from missing the Port of Grand Turk due to GI illness we had a nice cruise. We did, however, have 2 medical emergencies due to crew. One, we had to return to Nassau after 2 hours of sailing and the other was a coast guard helicopter rescue in the middle of the ocean.

The 2.0 upgrades were great! We loved Guys Burgers and the Blue Iguana Burritos. Also, loved hanging out in Serenity, very nice for reading, napping and getting a little bit of shade. My son loved the pizza, it was a little bit of a wait each time but he didn't mind. They cook it to order.

My son was upset that the basketball, mini golf closed early, at five, each day. Would have liked it open a little longer, especially on a port day.

Had a great time at Magen's Bay in St. Thomas. The waves were huge and all the boys body surfed all day.

Went to Cable Beach in Nassau, not one of our favorites, did not want to pay the extra fees to be at the hotels so just got dropped there at the beginning of the beach. It was a fine beach day and a gorgeous view but that's it. If we had been there longer, we would have gone to Atlantis, have done it before and loved it. We did the Comfort Inn passes to get it cheaper.

Debarkation was a breeze, literally walked off the ship with all our luggage, it was amazing and the easiest we can remember.

We thought the shows were very nice. Our kids needed to do a paper on a musical show so it worked out great for that. Lots of popular songs that were fun. Don't miss the Diva Show, it was the best!

Newlywed show was great! Hasbro show was fun too. Josh, the cruise director was really good.

All in all it was a great vacation with friends! Hope to get to Grand Turk in the future, that was why we booked the cruise!:mad:

Since you dislike Carnival and the Glory so much, you should head on over to the RCI boards and introduce yourself so they can get to know you and your amazing personality. I'm sure you were an absolutely delightful person to be around while you were on your Glory cruise and I would bet that your fellow cruisers are very saddened by your switch to RCI. :rolleyes:

I don't dislike carnival. Been on 4 of their cruises. I thought the 2.0 upgrades were horrible. And the glory was the least impressive ship I've been on. And like I stated before the hallway near our room stunk and carnival lied about it. The staff was very rude as we'll, as many people have discussed on these boards. It was not the greatest cruise. You should check ure facts before u point fingers and my personality rocks. I don't deal with subpar quality for a vacation I'm paying and that's what I got on that ship.

Archived