Had a Great Cruise On Vision

I see the vision has neither a concierge lounge or a diamond lounge correct? Does anyone know if anything is done on the ship comparable to a concierge lounge as opposed to the diamond events where alcohol is discounted 25%? We will be on the vision in April for a 15 night Panama Canal cruise hope you enjoyed yours.

We are just back a week and miss being on the ship already what a nice cruise. Great Islands and very nice people on the ship. We really liked everything about this cruise.

Thanks all see you next cruise!:D

Hi Sharon we have to agree with you. It was an amazing cruise. The ship was very nice, food was good, and our service was great. The CC members we sailed with were the best. Also escargot was available every night for those who have been missing it. The ship didn't have all the bells and whistles but being smaller it was very easy to get around. We loved it.

Bob & Mary Ann

I see the vision has neither a concierge lounge or a diamond lounge correct? Does anyone know if anything is done on the ship comparable to a concierge lounge as opposed to the diamond events where alcohol is discounted 25%? We will be on the vision in April for a 15 night Panama Canal cruise hope you enjoyed yours.

Right now there is only a Diamond Event on this ship - the revitalization takes place Sept/Oct at which time it will have DL, CL and Specialty restaurants.

DH and I are on this ship for the same cruise starting Monday. We received an email from our 'Suite Coordinator' with the following information:

Special Suite Cocktail party or brunch

Gathering in the Viking Crown Lounge every evening if you wish

she didn't specify if the gathering (which I am assumng is the Diamond Event) is free beverages or the discounted 25%.

DH and I are on this ship for the same cruise starting Monday. We received an email from our 'Suite Coordinator' with the following information:

Special Suite Cocktail party or brunch

Gathering in the Viking Crown Lounge every evening if you wish

she didn't specify if the gathering (which I am assumng is the Diamond Event) is free beverages or the discounted 25%.

We are D+ and in a JS . Maybe if its not too much trouble you could let us know how the event is set up . Concierge or 25 % off on alcohol. Just curious , either way will not stop me from drinking.Did the "Suite Coordinator" leave an address by witch she could be contacted?

FWIW, we were on this same cruise. It was a wonderful cruise, and we met a number of outstanding individuals while on board. I hope we get to cruise together soon.

As for the diamond and above event in the VC lounge, they did not appear to be making any distinction as to what drinks were supposed to be charged for. We're diamond, and although we usually just had soft drinks, when we did not, there was never any charge. YMMV

You will be pleasantly surprised on Vision. :D The Viking Crown is reserved for D/D+/Pin/Suites from 5 to 8 every evening. Hot and cold appetizers and soda, beer, wine and semi-full bar are available without charge. Just like a concierge or diamond lounge without the coffee machines. Blender drinks and others are available at 25% off.

We really enjoyed it, and thoroughly enjoyed the entire cruise. Plus, the Captain came around every evening to chat with people in the lounge. :D

We are D+ and in a JS . Maybe if its not too much trouble you could let us know how the event is set up . Concierge or 25 % off on alcohol. Just curious , either way will not stop me from drinking.Did the "Suite Coordinator" leave an address by witch she could be contacted?

This is her email.

VI_GuestDepartureOfficer@rccl.com

Are you on the same cruise?

You will be pleasantly surprised on Vision. The Viking Crown is reserved for D/D+/Pin/Suites from 5 to 8 every evening. Hot and cold appetizers and soda, beer, wine and semi-full bar are available without charge. Just like a concierge or diamond lounge without the coffee machines. Blender drinks and others are available at 25% off.

We really enjoyed it, and thoroughly enjoyed the entire cruise. Plus, the Captain came around every evening to chat with people in the lounge.

Thanks for the information Patti. We are doing a b2b in June, so this information is appreciated.

Thank you for the response of the email address. We are on the April 2, 2013 Panama Canal cruise from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale You have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Before you email her, please read the above which I believe will answer your initial question.

Thanks for the information Patti. We are doing a b2b in June, so this information is appreciated.

You are very welcome. We had boarded expecting a regular Diamond Event, and this was a wonderful surprise! :D:):D

You will be pleasantly surprised on Vision. :D The Viking Crown is reserved for D/D+/Pin/Suites from 5 to 8 every evening. Hot and cold appetizers and soda, beer, wine and semi-full bar are available without charge. Just like a concierge or diamond lounge without the coffee machines. Blender drinks and others are available at 25% off.

We really enjoyed it, and thoroughly enjoyed the entire cruise. Plus, the Captain came around every evening to chat with people in the lounge. :D

Hope this continues once she returns to Europe. We are on a B2B and will turn diamond in between cruises - having only expected the standard diamond event this would definitely be a nice perk!

Archived