Having a HARD TIME getting a brochure

alexandra cruiser

have NEVER sailed with this line and beginning to wonder.Requested a brochure 2 times so far,both email and phone.Over a month and STILL NO brochure.What s the deal?

Others have similar problem.Want to book for Dec.and getting a little frustrated by lack of response.

Management,can you help??:confused:

have NEVER sailed with this line and beginning to wonder.Requested a brochure 2 times so far,both email and phone.Over a month and STILL NO brochure.What s the deal?

Others have similar problem.Want to book for Dec.and getting a little frustrated by lack of response.

Celebrity has pretty much stopped putting out brochures -- they call it "going green," but that's really just code words to save money.

You can get just about all the info you need about Celebrity from their website or asking questions here on cruise critic as there are many experienced M and S-class folks here.

This could also be because of the fact that they are releasing all the new itineraries right now which likely means they are being updated. In the past though I have been able to receive them when requested. That said all of the information is on their website. It will also be more up to date there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can also visit any AAA travel agency and see if they have any hard copies left. just bear in mind that any prices listed are probably woefully put of date.

the information on the website is far more current. and once you have more specific questions, the boards here are your best source

You can download a brochure from the website or view online. I have trouble reading the paper versions as the print on some of the items is so small. The e-versions can be enlarged.

I do have paper copies, but I think it took about 4 weeks for it to come.

Pamela

I like having a brochure in hand when people mention a cabin, etc. I just went to my local bricks and mortar travel agency and got a brochure there. I don't use a travel agent (having found I prefer the personal control over any perks), but they didn't mind giving me a brochure. I've got the Caribbean 2012/2013 one right now and I find it covers every ship type (even the oddball Reflection and the new AQ cabins on the M-class, most other ships are pretty similar to each other).

Oh, and I agree about the small print - I find a small flashlight (or magnifying glass) to be a great help. A paper brochure gives you such a better overall picture than scrolling one deck at a time on a computer. But I think I'm just showing my age :)

you can also visit any AAA travel agency and see if they have any hard copies left. just bear in mind that any prices listed are probably woefully put of date.

the information on the website is far more current. and once you have more specific questions, the boards here are your best source

I second AAA. Have tried, without success, to get brochures from Celebrity several times in the last three years. Nada. Had no problem getting them from AAA

I've ordered paper ones and they take about 3-4 weeks. It might be longer if they are still finishing and printing. I also download the same brochure for the same reason mentioned above as I like to increase the size and see more detail. Not as young as I used to be!

Its' not you.They are very slow in responding to requests for printed material. The 2013 brochure is on line for you to print.

Carole

When we first decided to give Celebrity a try, it took me ordering a brochure 3 times before I received it and it took a long time to arrive. Fortunately I did not let this put me off trying Celebrity. We enjoyed our cruise so much we have booked another one.

is there still brochure request on website?AND didnt they know this when I called?Seems a poor reflection on this company,sorry but for first impression,,not good.

Will call again and ask directly IF STILL PRINTING.

Hate to download .

Thanks all for answering.CC is SO GREAT.Like to look at ship layout to determine cabin(like whats above).Know ea deck on web,but hard to see it all.Maybe old fashioned,but like to use BOTH>;)

is there still brochure request on website?AND didnt they know this when I called?Seems a poor reflection on this company,sorry but for first impression,,not good.

Will call again and ask directly IF STILL PRINTING.

Hate to download .

Thanks all for answering.CC is SO GREAT.Like to look at ship layout to determine cabin(like whats above).Know ea deck on web,but hard to see it all.Maybe old fashioned,but like to use BOTH>;)

You can complain about many things on the Celebrity website but getting a brochure should not be one of them. I had no trouble whatsoever ordering two brochures; in fact they came in yesterday's mail within two weeks of me ordering them. It's a very simple process.

1. Go to the website. http://www.celebritycruises.com/home.do

2. Look to bottom of page just below photo of reindeer at the water.

3. You will see a header that says in gray letters "CUSTOMER SUPPORT."

4. Click on "Order a Brochure."

5. Follow prompts and order up to 2 brochures.

If you'd like, you can look at them online (the download option) before you order your paper copy. I think the confusion you are having is because for a while, Celebrity stopped doing the paper brochures. When I was on the Summit this past September I went into the loyalty office and asked for one. I was told that they cost Celebrity up to $10 to print (according to this person, who was just repeating what corporate told him) so they were weaning people off them. I guess that didn't work too well because now the brochures are once more easily available. It seems from what you're saying is that word hasn't gotten out that there is now a way to order them once more from the Celebrity website. I suggest you try again and like me, you'll have your order fufilled in no time. :D

I live in Italy. We don't have local X office like Germany or UK. I ordered brochures online 2 times from X's USA website. First one in Nov 2012 I requested for Europe and Transatlantic. When I thought the brochure might not make it to Italy, I ordered another time in Dec 2012 for Europe and Galapagos. Both orders made it to my house around 4-5 weeks after I placed orders. However, I ended up with 2 copies for Europe cruise. Transatlantic and Galapagos brochure had never made it. I guess maybe they are out of stock. Back in Oct 2010, I ordered Europe and Caribbean brochures together, they both arrived in 1 package.

Everytime I order brochures, I order from many cruiselines at the same time. I've never received any brochures from Princess, RCL, Carnival, Disney, or Azamara. Maybe they don't have policy to mail brochures outside USA/CAN. NCL is always the fastest to arrive, HAL next, X arrives last.

Pardon my ignorance, but why in the world do you need a paper brochure? Is there something in there that's not on the website? I guess I agree with Celebrity on this one, its a waste of money and paper and ink and everything else involved in shipping it out....:eek:

I booked a TA 18 months in advance--great cruise last Dec.--I followed the prompts on the Celebriy website 5x and did not receive a brochure--called C spoke to "the brochure dept 3x and did not get a brochure--finally asked the brochure dept rep if their was a brochure--was told that she did not know --all she did was to forward the request to someone in cyberspace where the brochures were supposedly kept--called a travel agent --received in 2 days--PS--can not stand trees--they keep on spoiling the view of the forests

them. Gave up on cruiseline to get one.

To keep all you paper complainers happy, I DO KEEP THEM and when another comes I RECYCLE.Whew.

PS.she said they DO STILL MAKE them,not out of print,just hard to get(it seems).

Now look forward to planning cruise.Thanks for all the HELPFUL posts.;)

Archived