Masterchef NZ on Dawn Princess

Just a heads up ....

Next Sundays episode of Masterchef NZ will be the one that was filmed on board Sea Princess when she called into Auckland last year. Trailers for the show were shown last night.

It will be of interest to cruisers and if you know anyone who was on that cruise you may want to let them know.

The show will be able to be seen on TV1 On Demand Video.

http://tvnz.co.nz/video

I presume that after it has been shown next Sunday night , it will be available to watch on line.

Thanks for the heads up David :).

It was not the Sea Princess they filmed on-board, it was the Dawn Princess ;)

PS: I don't know if Australia's will be able to access tvnz On Demand, but I will see if I can get a copy up on Youtube :)

Yes . It was Dawn Princess...the first to call for the season , last October.

Just goes to show how long it takes from filming a show until its ready to go to air.:rolleyes:

Heres the link to the Herald article, where those who stayed on board for lunch had to sign a privacy agreement.

They did try to keep it secret , but the chefs rather stood out in their aprons:D

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10838875

Just a reminder for all Kiwis that the Dawn Princess is on Masterchef NZ TONIGHT! at 7:30pm on TV One!.

For all you Aussies who want to see the Dawn Princess on Masterchef NZ, I will see if I can get a copy of the video on-line for you :)

My cousin and my sister were both on this cruise when they were filming. It was the cruise that went from Auckland to Sydney. I think it was a four day cruise. Mum phoned me couple of days back from NZ to say she had spotted one of them in the promos and rang them to confirm if it was them and it was.

Australians won't be able to watch it on the TVNZ site.

So , who saw the programme and what did you think of it?

Do you think they really cooked for 1,800 passengers , as we were told over and over again?

I thought it was very good TV, well planned and organised and having been on a galley tour I could just imagine what it would be like in the kitchens of a cruise ship.

I dont think they "did dinner" , but rather a very selected lunch.

Did you note the Menu said Captains Dinner.

Dishes they had to prepare, or should we say process and arrange on a plate.....included

Lamb Shanks

Chicken Satay

Kiwifruit and Grapefruit

Dumplings

2 Soups

A clue as to the help they got came at the end when they thanked all the staff who had helped them and they all lined up in the section of the galley that had been closed off for them for the morning.

Another clue ,as to it being made for TV was the opening sequence when they were all woken at 5am in the Masterchef mansion and stood out on the lawn to watch the ship sail in. Dawn Princess was lit up like the Crystal Paalce. Normally she would sail in with only navigational lights on.

It was very good show and I realy enjoyed watching it.

Archived