Kettle and Jeans

ed the dog

Hi

I am just about to take my first Cunard cruise on QV and looking to confirm a couple of points, before I go.

I understand that the staterooms do not have tea and coffeee making facilities ? is this correct ?

Also, jeans are not allowed for evening dinning ? would this include smart white ladies jeans with a smart drressy top, even on the casual evenings ?

Thank you

Hi

I am just about to take my first Cunard cruise on QV and looking to confirm a couple of points, before I go.

I understand that the staterooms do not have tea and coffeee making facilities ? is this correct ?

Also, jeans are not allowed for evening dinning ? would this include smart white ladies jeans with a smart drressy top, even on the casual evenings ?

Thank you

Yes and yes, although if the trousers are dressy as you say they may not be deemed to be jeans.

Hi

Thank you

The dress code for women always seems to me to be less clear than it is for men . For example, it is suggested that jeans for men at night are No-NO even for the casual nights "Elegant Casual nights require clothing such as stylish resort or leisure wear. Casual dresses or smart separates for ladies, open neck polo shirts and casual trousers (no jeans or shorts) for men. Jacket required but no tie. -- but there is no mention of this for the ladies. I have noticed that it seems to be a bit "trendy" these days for men to wear a jacket sans tie with jeans - commonly seen in quite wealthy/celebrity sets. I don't know what would be the case if Brad Pitt was to turn up one night in a pair of Gucci jeans with jacket on a casual night. But then again, people like Brad Pitt don't sail on Cunard ships , do they?

Barry

Hi

Thank you

Kettle no. You can get luke warm tea from room service though. (Don't tell anyone I told you this but you can bring your own and there is tea coffee etc available)

Gents really can't get away with jeans in the evening, there are passenger vigilantes patrolling the ship looking for deviants, and the punishments are severe.

But ladies have much more leeway.

Don't let the thought, sorry fashion police get to you, you will be fine.

David

Thanks for your very quick replys.

That's me packing the travel kettle, jeans and trousers, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks again'

Kettles are not allowed and will be held by Security until disembarkation. (They use scanners just like airports to make sure you don't bring on those sorts of things.)

And yes--I was asked to remove something else--a butane lighter--whilst another passenger saw his kettle "held" until Southampton.

Most people do not wear jeans of any color at night on Cunard, with the occasional exception of the Caribbean or July 4th cruise. people who say "don't worry about the fashion police" may be giving advice on how they feel, not how you will feel when out of 1500 people, you and 1 other are wearing jeans. If you intend to dine in the Britannia & dance in the QR, then you will look out of place in jeans.

Most people do not wear jeans of any color at night on Cunard, with the occasional exception of the Caribbean or July 4th cruise. people who say "don't worry about the fashion police" may be giving advice on how they feel, not how you will feel when out of 1500 people, you and 1 other are wearing jeans. If you intend to dine in the Britannia & dance in the QR, then you will look out of place in jeans.

As they say "There's nothing worse than being in a room full of Tuxedos & you're a pair of brown shoes". Jeans are fine through lunch. After 6PM, you do need to follow the evening's dresscode. I do see jeans frequently as we pass through Kingscourt/Lido at night. It seems to be more relaxed there around the buffets. If you should try the $10 tastings in KingsCourt/Lido(which I highly recommend)the dresscode is more enforced in the area of the tastings.

PARTIAL QUOTE

Hi

I am just about to take my first Cunard cruise on QV and looking to confirm a couple of points, before I go...

...Also, jeans are not allowed for evening dinning ? would this include smart white ladies jeans with a smart drressy top, even on the casual evenings ?

Thank you

What a difference a day makes!:eek: Yes, soon jeans can be worn as long as they are not "blue or worn denim" on Informal evenings, and the majority of evenings will be informal. See https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/latest_news/cunard_dress

Paradoxically, how is it possible to wear jeans that aren't worn?:confused::D

Hot water can be obtained on board [/url]

True, but hot water does not make good tea: it needs to be freshly boiled.

I can only say what worked for me. Packed the kettle in the case, used it throughout the voyage, storing it in one of the drawers. Used tea etc from the Kings Court.

It is highly unlikely that the room steward will report a kettle in a cabin. The last thing they would do is risk upsetting passengers.

We used to make our own hot chocolate but found the room service variety good. Comes in a vac flask so it is always hot.

David.

PARTIAL QUOTE

What a difference a day makes!:eek: Yes, soon jeans can be worn as long as they are not "blue or worn denim" on Informal evenings, and the majority of evenings will be informal. See https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/latest_news/cunard_dress

Paradoxically, how is it possible to wear jeans that aren't worn?:confused::D

I guess they have to be new? I suppose that means you should leave the tags on, just in case someone asks.

I guess they have to be new? I suppose that means you should leave the tags on, just in case someone asks.

Hee hee. Tricky one this.

Well, they must be new, but must not be worn. So, if jeans are one's evening garment of choice, simply pop on a few undergarments and a nice top, and take a pair along to every informal/casual/elegant casual/semi-formal/whatever evening. As Kathy says, best to leave the tags on just in case.

I shall carry mine in a Lidl carrier bag.

Mary

Hee hee. Tricky one this.

Well, they must be new, but must not be worn. So, if jeans are one's evening garment of choice, simply pop on a few undergarments and a nice top, and take a pair along to every informal/casual/elegant casual/semi-formal/whatever evening. As Kathy says, best to leave the tags on just in case.

Jeans are quite simply not acceptable after 6pm on any Cunarder....IMHO.

Neither is smoking or disputing one's table allocation with the MD...unless of course one has won the lottery!

Men's jeans

1349175808-17087700.jpg

Ladies Jeans

prd18dbfd15-8671-449c-807c-cfeb993e11f0.jpg

I am very much olde skool and always think of jeans as being levi blue denim type items of clothing but now these expensive items appear to be made of just about any material the customer wants and of course colour be it cloth, denim, leather moleskin etc etc??

It would take a brave person to act as bouncer when trying to enforce this dress code on any material other than blue denim.

Archived