Final Payment TODAY question

So my cruise final payment is due today but I paid mine about two weeks ago. Someone I am cruising with upgraded to the royal suite so I really want to switch to a high deck inside room to be near them since that will probably be our big hang out. Inside rates are lower then the balcony rate we currently have.

So I called and they told me they couldn't lower my rate: even though final payment is due today I still can't change my reservation? Has anyone had any success in doing this?

Thanks!

Wonder you could use the difference for on board credit or prepay for speciality dining, maybe booking excurions; and then get the cabin you want close to your friends? Try calling back, maybe a different agent could offer some suggestions to make this work.

I'm interested in how this works out.

If the lower catagory inside cabin you want is available, you should be able to make the change ...The details are in the final payment date (and that's today) "not" the date you made your final payment...Call back again and ask another rep., supervisor or the resolutions department. Good luck and enjoy hanging out in your friends RS.

Just want to be sure Im understanding you changed from a balcony to an inside?

Yes I did, my husband and I had been going back and forth about it and based on our last European cruise plus the fact we are going with so many people we feel the time in our room will be extremely minimal and wanted to put the money towards other aspects of the trip :)

Yes I did, my husband and I had been going back and forth about it and based on our last European cruise plus the fact we are going with so many people we feel the time in our room will be extremely minimal and wanted to put the money towards other aspects of the trip :)

OK - just wanted to be sure I read it correctly:)

I give you a lot of not sure which word to use. I can understand not wanting to spend a lot of money for a cabin when you have the opportunity to use someone else's balcony etc., but for me, my alone time with my husband would be a priority and being in an inside cabin would never do it for us.

I realize we are all different and have different priorities, but ours would definitely be a balcony to sit and enjoy "our time". Enjoy your cruise!

So I called back and got moved to an inside cabin and they actually refunded the difference to my card. I just called back and the second rep did it no problem. Oh Royal :)

Thanks for your feedback!

Congrats...you finally talked to a rep. that understood the details of "final payment date" vs when final payment was made.;):)

My understanding according to your OP is that your friends booked the RS (Royal Suite) not an OS (Owners Suite) ? Either way...Enjoy !!

I give you a lot of not sure which word to use. I can understand not wanting to spend a lot of money for a cabin when you have the opportunity to use someone else's balcony etc., but for me, my alone time with my husband would be a priority and being in an inside cabin would never do it for us.

I realize we are all different and have different priorities, but ours would definitely be a balcony to sit and enjoy "our time". Enjoy your cruise!

I totally get that which is why I originally booked the balcony. If I was going on a relaxing Caribbean cruise I'd keep it in a heart beat. For us, our European trips have been so active and being on a trip with friends and family, it just makes sense for us :)

I'm with you Katie....I love my JS regardless of where anyone else is that I'm sailing with ;):)

Archived