Price Dropped today!!

e71465

I figured I would see what everyone's thoughts here would be...

I see that my cabin category for my upcoming Thanksgiving cruise with my DH on the Crown has gone down $100 per person. (My mother has booked as a solo on an inside and that has not dropped).

I called my TA and she did inform me that the depost would become non-refundable even though we have princess platinum insurance. I really can't imagine not going on the trip for any reason other than illness. Our final payment is not due until september 9. My TA was steering me away from taking the price drop but now I am not entirely confident in her opinion. We used FCC to book if that makes any difference.

What would you guys do?

I would trust your TA's advice. Having tracked these promotions I am sure there will be another promotion that will exclude the "nonrefundable deposit".

I don't know. Do Thanksgiving cruises historically go down on Princess. On other lines they seem to go only UP^^

Did your TA say if you would be eligible for further price drops? Or not? There seems to be varied opinions on this .... some say yes and others say you would forfeit your deposit.

I figured I would see what everyone's thoughts here would be...

I see that my cabin category for my upcoming Thanksgiving cruise with my DH on the Crown has gone down $100 per person. (My mother has booked as a solo on an inside and that has not dropped).

I called my TA and she did inform me that the depost would become non-refundable even though we have princess platinum insurance. I really can't imagine not going on the trip for any reason other than illness. Our final payment is not due until september 9. My TA was steering me away from taking the price drop but now I am not entirely confident in her opinion. We used FCC to book if that makes any difference.

What would you guys do?

HI Dana! We've just gone through the same dilemma! Our solution came in the mail from Princess...a brochure entitled Enjoy Autumn In...You might have recently received one, too. I suddenly remembered something came in the mail from Princess and had to dig through some brochures I had set aside.

Ask your TA to check with Princess for the PL campaign code...I think it's a regional sale...we're in the same US region as you, so this promo might apply to your booking. We received a substantial price drop plus additional onboard credit...fare is definitely refundable and transferable. Promo ends April 30, 2013. It might be worth looking into. I don't post my personal email address here...do you have one you use on CC only? I would email you the codes.

Hope this helps you out!

Terry (from the Emerald Nov. 2011 cruise roll call)

Hi Terry

So good to hear from you! Hope all is going well. I did get that brochure; I just dug it out of the recycling pile and will look into it. Are the codes in the brochure? Thanks for the insight. I am a bit torn as I don't really know how well my TA knows the Princess product (I am likely going to try someone new next time). I believe the current spring sale is only good until the 25th so I might just leave that one alone but will see

Tell Bill I said hi!

Dana

Hi Terry

So good to hear from you! Hope all is going well. I did get that brochure; I just dug it out of the recycling pile and will look into it. Are the codes in the brochure? Thanks for the insight. I am a bit torn as I don't really know how well my TA knows the Princess product (I am likely going to try someone new next time). I believe the current spring sale is only good until the 25th so I might just leave that one alone but will see

Tell Bill I said hi!

Dana

That brochure shows the Crown Cruises on pages 2, 3 and 5. The promo and campaign codes are highlighted in yellow at the bottom of page 33.

Have your TA call Princess with those codes to see if your booking is eligible for a price drop and on board credit. We got a much better price drop than the current spring sale....and even better than the brochure price showed. Good Luck and Best Regards to you and Danny!

Terry & Bill

Archived