Price Dropped today!!

e71465

Yes, happy first day of spring! Notice the NEW countdown clock added to my signature TODAY! :D

I like the new count down clock! I only wish my count down clock said I was sailing in 100 and something days instead of 200 and something!

For the bookings I looked at (Emerald Princess Nov-Dec) and the category, the price dropped only $10pp, and the deposit becomes NRNT (non-refundable and non-transferable). I'm not willing to lock in quite this early, especially not for $10pp savings, but I'm glad it's worked out well for others. Thanks for the heads up!

For the bookings I looked at (Emerald Princess Nov-Dec) and the category, the price dropped only $10pp, and the deposit becomes NRNT (non-refundable and non-transferable). I'm not willing to lock in quite this early, especially not for $10pp savings, but I'm glad it's worked out well for others. Thanks for the heads up!

If you're not ready to lock in this early, it wouldn't be worth it! We've booked this trip last year for 10 of us.

According to Michelle at Princess, the deposit only becomes non refundable if you don't have your insurance paid in full. If you have a legitimate claim due to illness or death, then the deposit is refundable. That would be the only reason for us to cancel. So, we took the deal!

Awesome! :)

Thanks - I booked some time ago and didn't realize that dropping prices was a thing that really happens - so it's like a windfall!

Last time we upgraded instead of taking the discount .. This time, discount all the way!

If you already booked the cruise and the price of your cabin category in the same part of the ship drops at a later time its possible to get a rebate on what you already paid?

Thanks!

Yes, my brother is sailing with us and he is paid in full. They gave him ship board credit! I don't know if they will refund the difference in cash. It doesn't hurt to call Princess and ask them about it.

If you already booked the cruise and the price of your cabin category in the same part of the ship drops at a later time its possible to get a rebate on what you already paid?

Thanks!

Yes! I check daily for just this reason! We called yesterday and saved $600 for the two of us and had already paid in full. The credit went right back to our credit card! Plus we got a $50 OBC. First day of spring on Princess is even better than free Italian Ice at Rita's! ;)

I want to thank the OP.

I just recently booked and I started checking rates on Princess every day.

Then I thought "I simply have to stop being so obsessive, my cruise isn't until November, I'll check prices every few days or so."

Yesterday was the first day of my resolution to not check the pricing. Fortunately, I still check into Cruise Critic every day, where I saw your thread and where I found I could get a price drop on my cruise.

So thank you very much!

Yes! I check daily for just this reason! We called yesterday and saved $600 for the two of us and had already paid in full. The credit went right back to our credit card! Plus we got a $50 OBC. First day of spring on Princess is even better than free Italian Ice at Rita's! ;)

Wow! $600 - that's amazing!

I want to thank the OP.

Then I thought "I simply have to stop being so obsessive, my cruise isn't until November, I'll check prices every few days or so."

Yesterday was the first day of my resolution to not check the pricing. Fortunately, I still check into Cruise Critic every day, where I saw your thread and where I found I could get a price drop on my cruise.

So thank you very much!

Same story here. Wasn't expecting the price drop so soon. Thanks to the OP for nudging me into checking I saved over $600 in fare, the travel insurance fee dropped too plus my TA up'd the OBC by another $25!

Woo Whoo, I LOVE price drops! I saved $200 on our mid-ship balcony! :D

The only thing better is when the upgrade fairy visits!

I am so happy for you! <<cartwheels and backflips in my mind b/c I sure can't do them otherwise!!>>

I want to thank the OP.

I just recently booked and I started checking rates on Princess every day.

So thank you very much!

Woo Whoo, that's an AWESOME price drop! :D

where does it say that the deposit is non refundable?

I was told by Princess that the deposit is not refundable if you just decide not to go but if you insure your trip and get sick or have a death or other qualifying issue, it is refundable with insurance.

My Alaskan cruisetour in August went down again. The first time I upgraded myself to a mini suite. This time the price was only $11 different, deposit became non-refundable (no biggy; I've got insurance) and I got a $75 OBC. I just keep checking all the time. I've also checked the selling status of the cruise and there are still a lot of unsold cabins on our cruise. I'm hoping for more price drops before my final payment in June.

Archived