Price Dropped today!!

e71465

Oh, I'm just guessing when I say that but I go in on the cruise I chose and pretend I'm going to book a cruise and I see there are a lot of unsold cabins. Now I know this doesn't take into considering guarantee cabins, but looking at the different deck plans, there are a lot of cabins that don't say sold on them. I could be completely off base on my assumption but that's what it looks like to me.

Others might know this better than me.

is this price drop for all the ships? i booked the Xmas cruise, it can also get price drop? where can i find it or should i call to my TA?

See post #26. Same procedure, but look at the pricing for the category you are in.

Thanks for sharing the price drop. We ended up getting another $100 shipboard credit and our caribe cabin dropped $160 for our British Isles cruise in June. We made final payment last week but it'll be credited back to my credit card. Thanks again!!! :)

My Alaskan cruisetour in August went down again. The first time I upgraded myself to a mini suite. This time the price was only $11 different, deposit became non-refundable (no biggy; I've got insurance) and I got a $75 OBC. I just keep checking all the time. I've also checked the selling status of the cruise and there are still a lot of unsold cabins on our cruise. I'm hoping for more price drops before my final payment in June.

My understanding is that if you take the non-refundable deposit offer and another price drop occurs, then you have to rebook the room and lose your deposit. It was suggested to me to never take the non-refundable deposit offer if there was time before final payment for further price drops without that condition.

I read on another thread (not this one), that said this sale meant that you were not eligible for any additional price drops. Is this true? My TA didn't tell me that.

I was told that I could not change my cabin but as long as the price change is not only for new bookings - I'm eligible for future drops.

I guess if a cheaper fare was avail only for new bookings the only way around it would be to rebook as new and lose the deposit.

I was told that I could not change my cabin but as long as the price change is not only for new bookings - I'm eligible for future drops.

I guess if a cheaper fare was avail only for new bookings the only way around it would be to rebook as new and lose the deposit.

I don't understand the first part of your first question. You can't even change your cabin (if it's the same price and category ... or upgrade if the price of the higher category drops to what you paid)?

:confused:

I don't understand the first part of your first question. You can't even change your cabin (if it's the same price and category ... or upgrade if the price of the higher category drops to what you paid)?

:confused:

That's what she said .. I'm okay with that as If I was going to change I would have done it this round.

Hi, I paid for my cruise about a month ago. Now Princess has a sale and the price of the cruise has dropped.

what can I Do?

Hi Top Dog,

Call Princess! (if you booked through them) or call your TA if that's how you booked. We paid for our cruise in full and we got the difference in fare credited back to our credit card; we just said the price of our cabin grade is lower than when we booked and they said 'no problem' and credited our card $600! Super easy and quick :)

Pam

Hi, I paid for my cruise about a month ago. Now Princess has a sale and the price of the cruise has dropped.

what can I Do?

My brother is paid in full and he called Princess and got chose to get ship board credit. A total of $300, he claims to be using that $ for his bar tab! LOL

I booked Dec 22, Royal princess, deluxe balcony. I asked my TA, she said no price drop for mine. I'm wondering if she is wrong or not. Can anyone tell me if I'm qualified to the price drop offer?

You can check pricing yourself on the Princess web site, but I suspect there will be no price drop for a holiday cruise on the newest ship in the fleet.

I believe it may have something to do with whether your cabin category is still available. On the last sale, I did not qualify because my category was sold out. On this sale, I did qualify because some rooms opened up right before final payment.

Got an email from my agent. We have a price drop on our Golden cruise to Alaska. Now I have $200 extra spending money. Yeah! First time that I've ever had my agent track for price drops.

I booked Dec 22, Royal princess, deluxe balcony. I asked my TA, she said no price drop for mine. I'm wondering if she is wrong or not. Can anyone tell me if I'm qualified to the price drop offer?

This is how I checked to see if there's a priced drop.

Go to the Princess web page and act like your going to book your exact cruise. Same date, cabin location etc... it will give your the cost. If it's less call and ask for an adjustment!

If you can't figure it out, give me your travel date and details and I'll check for you!

This is how I checked to see if there's a priced drop.

Go to the Princess web page and act like your going to book your exact cruise. Same date, cabin location etc... it will give your the cost. If it's less call and ask for an adjustment!

If you can't figure it out, give me your travel date and details and I'll check for you!

Thank you. I checked on princess website, i didn't find price drop on my sailing. :(

I figured I would see what everyone's thoughts here would be...

I see that my cabin category for my upcoming Thanksgiving cruise with my DH on the Crown has gone down $100 per person. (My mother has booked as a solo on an inside and that has not dropped).

I called my TA and she did inform me that the depost would become non-refundable even though we have princess platinum insurance. I really can't imagine not going on the trip for any reason other than illness. Our final payment is not due until september 9. My TA was steering me away from taking the price drop but now I am not entirely confident in her opinion. We used FCC to book if that makes any difference.

What would you guys do?

Archived