Cunard 2014 calendar

Ray66

Has anyone managed to work out where the QE will be in May next year? All I can see is 9th May: Southampton - Hamburg - Oslo - Hamburg. Then where for the rest of the month?

First of all, thanks for posting the link to this official brochure from Cunard for the 2014 schedule.

No, I have not been able to work out where the QE will be for most of May, 2014 either. That's been a mystery to me too since the 2014 Cunard schedules first started appearing on some of the U.S. cruise sites a few weeks ago. It seems a little soon for her to be going into dry dock. Would that be a possibility?

Regards,

John.

Has anyone managed to work out where the QE will be in May next year? All I can see is 9th May: Southampton - Hamburg - Oslo - Hamburg. Then where for the rest of the month?

It will be three and a half years since her launch, she will be in Hamburg so I think it's odds on for a refit or at least a few tweaks.

Yes a dry dock makes sense for a hull check and repaint.

I have already decided on a cruise for next year. Will wait until I am on QE in May before booking though.

We will also be going next year and have decided to wait till June this year when we are next onboard and book then.

Every bit of OBC helps:)

I for one am so excited that QM2 will once again be on a steady dose of the Fjords and Hamburg. Who doesn't love all that Norway for the fourth year in a row? Really, who would want to go around the horn again, visit the Caribbean at a time other than Christmas, make a grand entrance into San Francisco, or round trip it out to Hawaii from LA?

The trouble is with having the QE stuck in the Med from June until December, it's like there being only two ships.

Agreed and QV is mainly in Northern Europe. Another winter like the last one and we'll be looking elsewhere for spring 2014.

Mary

I received the new smart 28 page Cunard 2014 brochure today (together with the latest Cunarder) and it has a table inside showing the benefits of Vantage fares against Getaway fares.

For Vantage fares in 2014:

Flexibility to make amendments to or even change your cruise entirely up to 90 days prior to departure subject to our booking alteration terms.

Not quite as good as free cancellation as in the US, but getting there!

Archived