Lost passport :(

mailgirl1978

If you think you may have put it in a drawer, make sure to pull all the drawers out of the piece of furniture. It's possible it got pushed over the back and fell down behind the drawers.

Also, do you read books when you travel? If so, check to make sure you didn't put it into one of them to save your place.

How about the glove compartment of your car?

Finally, do you have a safe deposit box at your bank? If you think you put t somewhere where it wouldn't get lost, that might be the place.

Good luck!

I always smile at threads where people lose their passports. My passport is the first thing I unpack when I get home. It always goes in the same place.....my knicker drawer! I never not know where it is. It is my most important document I have. I suppose for me it is because my parents are elderly and live in Scotland and I need to be able to go back at the drop of a hat....but still, something this important should be stored somewhere where you will never forget it...hence the knicker drawer!

So we cruise in 44 days ....and I can't find my passport! Its somewhere in my house (I think) but I have yet to locate it. Ugh

I know I can take my birth certificate and ID but I really would rather be safe and have it with me.

How much does it cost to replace it and will I get it in time for my cruise?

http://travel.state.gov/passport/lost/lost_848.html

Check this website, it will tell anything you need to know :)

I applied for a Passport on 2/23.

I have not recevied anything yet and when I check status online it just keeps saying still processing.

OP, I'd suggest you apply for a passport now and hope to get it on time. I am giving it the alloted time 4-6 weeks before I start freaking out!! I am doing a land based trip next month and indeed I need a passport

I expedited my daughter's passport - and when I checked online - it never updated the status, but I received it within two weeks.

girl you better find that passport i have a 12 pack with your name on it lol. don't panic and get another one. check the purse and luggage you used last. also call and ask who ever you stayed with in new york.did you have it out when you went on line to get your boarding pass. check computer desk drawer. good luck

judy:o

I always smile at threads where people lose their passports. My passport is the first thing I unpack when I get home. It always goes in the same place.....my knicker drawer! I never not know where it is. It is my most important document I have. I suppose for me it is because my parents are elderly and live in Scotland and I need to be able to go back at the drop of a hat....but still, something this important should be stored somewhere where you will never forget it...hence the knicker drawer!

Smile? Really? I am certain that is helpful to OP:rolleyes::confused:

Im glad my dilemma brings you joy ...lol :cool:

You are very gracious - too bad not everyone is. I truly hope you can find it.

I always smile at threads where people lose their passports.

I'm not as gracious as the OP so I'll just ask you why in hell you would smile at these sorts of threads? What an obnoxious comment.

OP, if you can't find your passport in the next couple of days, I would urge you to use the expedited service. It does cost a pretty penny, but it's worth it for the peace of mind.

I'm not as gracious as the OP so I'll just ask you why in hell you would smile at these sorts of threads? What an obnoxious comment.

OP, if you can't find your passport in the next couple of days, I would urge you to use the expedited service. It does cost a pretty penny, but it's worth it for the peace of mind.

So would most of you go ahead and get another one or keep looking and just take my birth certificate if I don't find it?

It makes my sick to think I could be using that money on an excursion or a massage! Lol

(my DH does have his passport in case one of us needs to fly home...)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

So would most of you go ahead and get another one or keep looking and just take my birth certificate if I don't find it?

It makes my sick to think I could be using that money on an excursion or a massage! Lol

If it were me, I'd go through absolutely everything in my apartment to find it. If it was nowhere to be found (don't forget to check your knicker drawer :rolleyes: ), I would definitely get a new one. But, that's just me. There are plenty of people that use a certified copy of their birth certificate (regular photocopies aren't acceptable apparently) and a photo ID and have no problems. I just tend to be pretty anxious about things like that, hence why I used the expedited service recently.

We had to renew ours recently and, because I had the same amount of time as you, I opted to pay for the expedited service. I got new ones in a little over a week. You'll be fine.

We renewed ours recently (don't need till 2014) and it arrived in exactly 2 weeks.

Do you remember when it expires? If its in a year or two I would go ahead and get another one.

Make sure you have 2 copies of your BC though. One to submit with your Passport application and one to take to the pier just in case the Passport doesn't come in time.

We are in the same boat (no pun intended). My apartment is very cluttered but I am usually careful with the passports... We sailed on the Pride in February 2012... My kids' birth certificates are all back in the fireproof box but my passports are not with them. Why not? Who knows. When we came off the Pride last year, we had to show the passports, but not the birth certificates, which could explain why they were not all in the same place when we got home. I probably left the birth certificates in my purse and shoved the passports elsewhere since my hands were full. I checked and rechecked the suitcases and everything I was wearing/holding/carrying... no dice. Maybe they are in the house somewhere. We sail again in late August; it is on my calendar that if I have not found them by May 1, I will apply for new ones.

I keep checking hoping you have found your passport. Maybe you should try repacking everything as it was packed when you returned (as much as possible), including all of the bags, purses and special cruise items you routinely use.

If you don't find it soon, I would break down and buy another one. If you are are like me you have more than enough to worry about and not enough vacation time. At least getting a new one will reduce the worry.

Life happens and sometimes it is NOT funny or something to smile about and............then there are cruises :)

Looking forward to you posting you found it! BON VOYAGE!!!

I keep checking hoping you have found your passport. Maybe you should try repacking everything as it was packed when you returned (as much as possible), including all of the bags, purses and special cruise items you routinely use.

If you don't find it soon, I would break down and buy another one. If you are are like me you have more than enough to worry about and not enough vacation time. At least getting a new one will reduce the worry.

Life happens and sometimes it is NOT funny or something to smile about and............then there are cruises :)

Looking forward to you posting you found it! BON VOYAGE!!!

We are in the same boat (no pun intended). My apartment is very cluttered but I am usually careful with the passports... We sailed on the Pride in February 2012... My kids' birth certificates are all back in the fireproof box but my passports are not with them. Why not? Who knows. When we came off the Pride last year, we had to show the passports, but not the birth certificates, which could explain why they were not all in the same place when we got home. I probably left the birth certificates in my purse and shoved the passports elsewhere since my hands were full. I checked and rechecked the suitcases and everything I was wearing/holding/carrying... no dice. Maybe they are in the house somewhere. We sail again in late August; it is on my calendar that if I have not found them by May 1, I will apply for new ones.

I'm glad I'm not the only one (not joyful tho... Lol) who misplaced an important document. I never expected to come, asking a question, and be made fun of for being so stupid lol

I'm not a frequent traveler (especially places needing a passport) so I really had no clue it was even misplaced until recently when looking for another document I needed.

I spent most of the day looking yesterday and cleaned out some clutter in the process haha

I have more areas in my garage where I have stored things so that is my next place to start digging. If I haven't found it by April 1st I guess I'll apply for a new one. It expires in 2017...

If it were me, I'd go through absolutely everything in my apartment to find it. If it was nowhere to be found (don't forget to check your knicker drawer :rolleyes: ), I would definitely get a new one. But, that's just me. There are plenty of people that use a certified copy of their birth certificate (regular photocopies aren't acceptable apparently) and a photo ID and have no problems. I just tend to be pretty anxious about things like that, hence why I used the expedited service recently.

And thanks to all of you who have been supportive and encouraging :)

Just building up my support group for the next time I do something "Less than Bright.........I'm due at anytime:D

I didn't see what city you live in, but will tell you what we did when my daughter needed her PP in a hurry. We drove 2 hours to a PP office in Arkansas that does them by appointment. We did this on a Wed and had her PP in the mailbox on Friday. I believe it costs $60 for that service. This was in January for a trip she is on right now. I just didn't feel good about sending it all out in the mail and chancing that it would make it back on time. She needed to turn in a copy of her PP to her school by the end of January in order to qualify for the trip. Her choir did a singing tour of London this week !

Tear that house apart ! If I was in your shoes I would almost prefer to sail with my BC rather than chance mailing it out and not getting my PP or BC back in time. It would be either that or pay for expedite.

I didn't see what city you live in, but will tell you what we did when my daughter needed her PP in a hurry. We drove 2 hours to a PP office in Arkansas that does them by appointment. We did this on a Wed and had her PP in the mailbox on Friday. I believe it costs $60 for that service. This was in January for a trip she is on right now. I just didn't feel good about sending it all out in the mail and chancing that it would make it back on time. She needed to turn in a copy of her PP to her school by the end of January in order to qualify for the trip. Her choir did a singing tour of London this week !

Tear that house apart ! If I was in your shoes I would almost prefer to sail with my BC rather than chance mailing it out and not getting my PP or BC back in time. It would be either that or pay for expedite.

I live in the Northeast corner of Alabama ... I have Chattanooga an hour north and Atlanta 2.5 hours southwest of me. I'm not sure if they have one in Chattanooga but I could easily make the trip to Atlanta as well. Thanks for the idea :)

I applied for a Passport on 2/23.

I have not recevied anything yet and when I check status online it just keeps saying still processing.

OP, I'd suggest you apply for a passport now and hope to get it on time. I am giving it the alloted time 4-6 weeks before I start freaking out!! I am doing a land based trip next month and indeed I need a passport

If your passport photo looks anything like your avatar, here's betting you won't be getting one!:D

Archived