Lost passport :(

mailgirl1978

So we cruise in 44 days ....and I can't find my passport! Its somewhere in my house (I think) but I have yet to locate it. Ugh

I know I can take my birth certificate and ID but I really would rather be safe and have it with me.

How much does it cost to replace it and will I get it in time for my cruise?

Do you save paper work---maybe you didn't remove it from there.

Did you have it in a different purse? My DH is always laughing when we go on cruises---I change purses and bags.

Look in your carry on bag, if you had one, or a back pack. Hope you find it.

Could your DH have it---maybe he held it while you were checking through customs. Or in a jacket pocket? A diaper bag maybe. :eek:

For sure, if you put money down for a new one, you will find it.

So we cruise in 44 days ....and I can't find my passport! Its somewhere in my house (I think) but I have yet to locate it. Ugh

I know I can take my birth certificate and ID but I really would rather be safe and have it with me.

How much does it cost to replace it and will I get it in time for my cruise?

Just some quick suggestions of places to look (in case you haven't already):

1. every suitcase/backpack type bag that you have ever used for travel...make sure to check all sections and down in the lining if it has one

2. all the drawers in your house.....all the closet shelves

3. any place you might have stored important papers.....open up everything in there in case it might have gotten stuck in something

4. Any location that you might have stored souvenirs from a prior trip

5. all storage boxes/bins that you might have

6. anything that you might store travel items in

7. all your purses/wallets

I applied for a Passport on 2/23.

I have not recevied anything yet and when I check status online it just keeps saying still processing.

OP, I'd suggest you apply for a passport now and hope to get it on time. I am giving it the alloted time 4-6 weeks before I start freaking out!! I am doing a land based trip next month and indeed I need a passport

I applied on 2/25 and got them on 3/17. Our cruise is on 4/6. I was temped to expidite but the person doing the paperwork said u will get it sooner than that. And she was right

I applied on 2/25 and got them on 3/17. Our cruise is on 4/6. I was temped to expidite but the person doing the paperwork said u will get it sooner than that. And she was right

I'm beginning to think they process them based on your trip/vacation date. My trip is not until 4/27 sooo go figure.

And this is my first time applying for a passport so that may have some type of delay im sure.

It seems like I put it up somewhere so I would remember where it was when I needed it :o

My DH's passport is where it is supposed to be. In a packet with all our important papers. You would think I would think that would have been the perfect place for mine! :cool: LOL

The last time I used it I had flown to New York (my license was still in my maiden name...was easier to flash passport) but I think I

have changed purses three times since then....ughhhhh

I seriously do not want to pay $160...I was hoping it was like $30 bucks since im just replacing a valid passport. :confused:

Im still looking.....:rolleyes:

It seems like I put it up somewhere so I would remember where it was when I needed it :o

My DH's passport is where it is supposed to be. In a packet with all our important papers. You would think I would think that would have been the perfect place for mine! :cool: LOL

The last time I used it I had flown to New York (my license was still in my maiden name...was easier to flash passport) but I think I

have changed purses three times since then....ughhhhh

I seriously do not want to pay $160...I was hoping it was like $30 bucks since im just replacing a valid passport. :confused:

Im still looking.....:rolleyes:

The sense that I got from the State Department's website is that they will treat this like a renewal. In the list of fees they do not list a separate fee for lost or stolen passports.

As soon as you pay for a new one, you will find the old one, but then you will have peace of mind. :D
So. Where do you keep it, in the house? Any-old-where?

I keep mine very safely locked up. It isn't just another book, but by now you fully realize that.

Good Luck with the search. It's there somewhere. Keep looking.

I'm beginning to think they process them based on your trip/vacation date. My trip is not until 4/27 sooo go figure.

And this is my first time applying for a passport so that may have some type of delay im sure.

My girls were applying for their first passport and mi e was replacing a lost and expired passport. I did put that we were traveling 4/1 and not 4/6. Not sure that matters..

A few years ago, I came home from a cruise and didn't immediately put my passport up - accidentally set it down with bills that came while I was on vacation. A family member came over a couple of weeks later, as a surprise, and straightened up my house for me, including filing my paperwork. Fast forward to the next time I need my passport, after hours of searching, found it filed with my credit card statements.

I say this to tell you to look everywhere - including between pieces of paper.

I hope you find it!

We have a yellow padded travel organizer that we got in the mail from one of the travel sites for free. It just showed up one day probably about 8 year as ago.

I keep everything travel related in there. Passports, confirmations, etc. It's in one specific spot where I can't lose it. Nothing ever leaves there unless we're showing it to check in or whatever.

Makes it easy to travel too as I'm always paranoid about losing things. I constantly check to make sure "the yellow thing" is within my sight whether on the plane or in line at the cruise terminal.

Won't do you any good now, but maybe something to think about for the future.

Archived