Where is QM2?

turquoise 6

Thanks, Southampton Cruise; that makes a lot more sense than the ship arriving at port 24 hours early due to "favourable winds". I'm happy that the ship is safe at port, but I will never understand why some cruise lines are so often not forthcoming with factual information. Just my opinion, but Cunard/CCL would be well advised to release a (hopefully forthright) statement regarding the situation. Best wishes, -S.

Me neither, Salacia, unless it's not to scare the public. She did have an issue between Cape Town and Durban when they apparently lost power for a while so this could have been a continuation. Let's hope there are no more and everyone enjoys the rest of their cruise(s). :)

Me neither, Salacia, unless it's not to scare the public. She did have an issue between Cape Town and Durban when they apparently lost power for a while so this could have been a continuation. Let's hope there are no more and everyone enjoys the rest of their cruise(s). :)

On a WC it's usually two power downs. One between Africa an Australia and one between Dubai and Safarga.:D

Hey, us Aussies don't even think about going for a swim unless its around 30. 25 is cold down here for summer. :p

Hey , us NEW YORKERS have NEW YORK SUMMERS

That go up to 100f and with heat waves for days

But we resolve and I am in the pool of the QM2

At any temperature:p

Hey , us NEW YORKERS have NEW YORK SUMMERS

That go up to 100f and with heat waves for days

But we resolve and I am in the pool of the QM2

At any temperature:p

I've yet to experience summer in NY but I gather they are extremely humid and uncomfortable.

I Love NY - hoping to drag the family there again next year - but will be November.

Our summer has been wicked - since January, we've had 14 days over 42 degrees centigrade (that's 108 for you lot!) and in a row, had six days at that temperature. Our hottest summer ever. Then less than a week later (Thursday last week), had our wettest day in forty years. But it is much cooler now as of last week.

Queen Mary2 is due in Adelaide in just under 3 weeks. Adelaide will now be beautiful and green because of that very rainy day. So people going to the Barossa Valley will have a wonderful day. I noticed that this shore excursion is now on a waitlist - not bad for 3 weeks out. It is a really popular excursion.

It IS in order not to scare people and all ships' companies do it.

Nothing against that, but they could think of better excuses :p

I've yet to experience summer in NY but I gather they are extremely humid and uncomfortable.

I Love NY - hoping to drag the family there again next year - but will be November.

Our summer has been wicked - since January, we've had 14 days over 42 degrees centigrade (that's 108 for you lot!) and in a row, had six days at that temperature. Our hottest summer ever. Then less than a week later (Thursday last week), had our wettest day in forty years. But it is much cooler now as of last week.

Queen Mary2 is due in Adelaide in just under 3 weeks. Adelaide will now be beautiful and green because of that very rainy day. So people going to the Barossa Valley will have a wonderful day. I noticed that this shore excursion is now on a waitlist - not bad for 3 weeks out. It is a really popular excursion.

The world is going through changes. The weather

Is so extreme.

Great. Come to New York , maybe do a transatlantic on the QM2 one day.

Well you have a great trip coming up.:)

The QM2 is just arriving in Sydney now. 6pm Tuesday UK time, 5am Wednesday local time

She was docking at Circular Quay at 6am Sydney time. Very annoyed I didn't get to see her sail in on account of the port arrival info being wrong!

Won't get to see her leave as a massive storm with rain will hit us this afternoon and evening.

Will have to go see her when she returns in a couple of weeks. Looking more forward to seeing her in Hamburg in June when I board her once again!

Sydney had a huge storm last time I was on QM2.

QM2 doesn't arrive into my city for 19 days (not that I'm counting :) ). But already they are talking about her arrival on the radio this morning.

We are so lucky to be travelling on her. So even though she's away from the traditional Transatlantic route for the moment, she's certainly getting all the attention from us Down Under. At every port she is the subject of a lot of media attention.

Yes, a transatlantic is on the Bucket List. I'll be a solo though as the partner doesn't understand why I'd take a method of transport that takes days to get from A to B instead of hours.