No pen, bar soap, and conditioner in the stateroom?

goeva

FYI- For a 7 night cruise we brought one bar of soap. Needed to buy another bar by day 4, so I suggest at least 2 bars of soap for a week. It was kind of nice to buy the bar in Costa Maya though, our usual brand was all packaged with Spanish lettering, and came in different fragrances than home. It was also the biggest bar of soap we have ever bought in our lives. It was much bigger than the U.S. version!

On my last cruise in Feb I was in a suite and Michael who was a supervisor for housekeeping and was very nice to me, always asked if everything was ok. I saw him often which was sweet of him. Anyway I asked about the pen and paper and he said NCL was doing a lot of cost cutting where they thought it wasn't noticeable. Weird considering the new ship, anyway he gave me some pens and agreed with me they we so shabby and cheap we had a good laugh over it. It is funny how NCL decided where and what to do to save money. BTW Michael was a great asset to NCl. I saw him at least 6 times during my 12 day cruise. He showed me how to adjust my hot water in my shower and was very helpful during my stay. And he was very cute which doesn't hurt;)

I personally don't like shower gel so a bar of soap is one one of the items on our standard pre printed list we have for each cruise that we either give to the steward when we meet them or leave for them of we don't meet them when the rooms first become available...never had an issue greeting the soap ( or the extra pillows, extra ice bucket, or anything else on the list.). I have always found a pen in the binder in the drawer but if not, I usually have one in my backpack since no planes I fly tend to have them readily available for filling out the immigration form.

Regarding soap @ the sink....seems like there is a dispenser there...and I know there is in the public facilities.

On my last cruise in Feb I was in a suite and Michael who was a supervisor for housekeeping and was very nice to me, always asked if everything was ok. I saw him often which was sweet of him. Anyway I asked about the pen and paper and he said NCL was doing a lot of cost cutting where they thought it wasn't noticeable. Weird considering the new ship, anyway he gave me some pens and agreed with me they we so shabby and cheap we had a good laugh over it. It is funny how NCL decided where and what to do to save money. BTW Michael was a great asset to NCl. I saw him at least 6 times during my 12 day cruise. He showed me how to adjust my hot water in my shower and was very helpful during my stay. And he was very cute which doesn't hurt;)

small stuff adds up. I remember reading that American Airlines saved millions of dollars by not putting a piece of lettuce under the chicken salad in one of their meals

I bring all my own shampoo, and showeer gel. I also bring a pump bottle of liquid hand soap to put by the sink. I just like brands I use, so I take them with me on a cruise.

Same here. I like what I like, and this way there are no surprises!

I know about the shower gel, I can't stand that stuff...so I'm bringing my favorite "fancy" soap - L'Occitane Verbena for the shower and a few bars of unused hotel soap for the sink.

Scent is such a powerful memory trigger. I remember the old St. Regis hotel in Los Angeles had their own line from Bijan - I have a bar in my linen closet and each time I smell it so many memories come back.

What brand of toiletries do the suites and villas get, or does the butler offer a selection?

Are the dispensers in the shower flush inside the wall, where only your cabin steward can open them to refill? Or are they like the ones you find at a gym, hanging on the wall with a lid anyone can open to use the dispenser as a spitoon (or worse)? When I heard that NCL had those bins of liquid in each cabin the first thing I thought was how can they meet the cruise industry sanitation standards and not be a breeding ground for disease unless emptied and sterilized between each sailing. But as NCL has a better record preventing GI outbreaks than many other lines, I had best just be quiet (knock on wood :rolleyes:)...

Hopefully you won't be eating the soap and shouldn't need to worry about GI problems!;)

About washcloths - most European hotels & B&B do supply them - they are thought to be a personal item that many do not share with another - many Europeans travel with their own.

Back to the original question - We actually had a pen in our cabin on the Jad earlier this month. It was a crummy cheap one that broke before the cruise was over.

Had liquid soap dispenser over the sink. I guess I'm in the minority on this thread, but I prefer to wash my hands with liquid soap rather than grab a slimy bar of soap that is shared by everyone in my family.

Okay seriously...that is what the washcloth is for! No need for it to touch the soap dispenser.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

By the way I had a pen in my cabin ... but you can always pick one up at the Service Desk, they had a couple of cups of them by the suggestion box.

damn, thats looks like MINE I forgot to place the hand towel on floor after we left sorry

Hopefully you won't be eating the soap and shouldn't need to worry about GI problems!;)

About washcloths - most European hotels & B&B do supply them - they are thought to be a personal item that many do not share with another - many Europeans travel with their own.

oh ya learned that log ago to just pack a couple cheap ones

BTW, I want to apologize to fishy or anyone else that thought I might be attacking them. Was purely joking around wit no malice intended.

Yes you must be very careful , there are some very thin skins about ;)

They probably use skin sensitive soap ...Can the steward bring that ??

Did you hear the latest .. It can no longer be called "Easter Egg hunt" . Now its

The Spring egg hunt :p

Time for a cruise..

Archived