Yummie Tummie Shape Wear

mailbroad

Has anyone tried Yummie Tummie Shapewear? I saw some in a store window today and checked it out online. I think I might like to try it.

My friend says, "The fat needs somewhere to go when you wear shape wear" meaning there is a little overage. lol

Just wondering if anyone has worn this.

My friend says, "The fat needs somewhere to go when you wear shape wear" meaning there is a little overage. lol

quote]

I've heard this, too. I have been looking at one of their slips for a while but didn't know whether to go for it or try Spanx. I don't want something to hold me in (impossible task) but just to smooth out the lumps and bumps. They seem to have good reviews but I, too, would like to know if people on here have tried it and liked it.

I just purchased the Cotton Shaping Stacie Shortie to wear under two dresses for my upcoming cruise. Technically, I have not worn them yet, but I tried them on and the fit is very comfortable. The cotton is very soft and I prefer cotton to nylon. I wanted something that smoothes out the tummy and rear, but not to constricting. These seem to do the trick.

I think the key to avoiding "overage" is to order the correct size. I am size 10 usually and purchased the M/L size. They smooth without squishing.

Below is the link the Stacie Shortie--

http://www.yummielife.com/stacie-shortie.html

I bought a couple of pairs of the Gracie bottoms last year and actually really like them.

http://www.yummielife.com/briefie.html

The waist band area is quite firm - it works perfectly to hide a muffin top. Unlike Spanx, it isn't super tight - it smooths rather than squishes. That means it's also more comfortable. My waist is absolutely smaller with this on.

Sizing is about dead on. I wear about a size 12 and the large is perfect. Not too tight.

And your friend is right --- shapewear either smooths you like a sausage, or it squishes it out somewhere.

PS - I bought on clearance at a better department store (I think it was Nordstrom). You might want to check around to see if there is a store where you can try before you buy. I've been disappointed in my recent Spanx purchases and it's such a hassle to return when you've bought online.

quote]

I've heard this, too. I have been looking at one of their slips for a while but didn't know whether to go for it or try Spanx. I don't want something to hold me in (impossible task) but just to smooth out the lumps and bumps. They seem to have good reviews but I, too, would like to know if people on here have tried it and liked it.

Be careful with a slip. I had a Spanx type one and it was a PITA. All evening, it insisted on rolling up like a window shade.:eek: I had to keep stepping into the shadows somehwere to pull it back down....never again.

Just wondering if anyone has worn this.

It depends on what kind of fat it is... if it's loose from bad tone or having lost weight it compressess. If it's just fat and faily solid then yes, it will have to just redistribute to somewhere else. Myself, I'm extremely compressable after 105 pounds lost.

What, if anything, makes it any different than Spanx? :confused:

The ones I have have different structure. My Spanx are either a single or double layer of stretchy fabric. The yummy tummy ones have a layer of stretchy fabric over a layer of thicker weight elasticised fabric. So the ticker fabric holds you in firmly.

Some of the yummy tummy stuff is just the same as Spanx (and Soma for that matter). The style I bought is different.

Be careful with a slip. I had a Spanx type one and it was a PITA. All evening, it insisted on rolling up like a window shade.:eek: I had to keep stepping into the shadows somehwere to pull it back down....never again.

I've worried about that (which is one of the reasons I haven't made up my mind). Did it have a different looking section on the bottom? I noticed the Yummy Tummy ones have a 3-4" band around the bottom. They also look rather short on the models but since I'm only 5'2" I think it might come close to my knees.

I've worried about that (which is one of the reasons I haven't made up my mind). Did it have a different looking section on the bottom? I noticed the Yummy Tummy ones have a 3-4" band around the bottom. They also look rather short on the models but since I'm only 5'2" I think it might come close to my knees.

After my experience, I wouldn't try another no matter what it had.

I tried a couple of Spanx and a Yummie Tummie and never again. They're fine if you're going to stand up and not move the whole time you're wearing them, but they roll and creep and squish and are just not a happy experience.

I recently bought the Jockey Skimmies to just "smooth things out" and they are wonderful. Very comfortable, I can sit, breathe - even breathe deeply - and nothing creeps up or down on me - they stay put.

No squishing - just a smoothing. I actually forget I'm wearing them. :)

What, if anything, makes it any different than Spanx? :confused:

Not enough, according to Sara Blakely;) A lawsuit was filed last month.

http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2013/03/21/design-patent-lawsuit-fashion-world/id=37784/

But Heather Thomson has also filed patent lawsuits against Maidenform.

Basically (in my opinion) it's all "shapewear". Different companies may offer different styles and they might use different fabrics with more or less compression or breathability and the sizing might differ, but in the end, they're still all just "shapewear", so wear whichever has a design that suits your needs and is comfortable.

Or, you know, don't:p

They all do work and yes very much the same. You do need to find the right size. I have a few different styles and tend to buy a size bigger. They are still tight but more like panty hose would be than a torture device. Also, they do make some that are a one piece. They are nice if you dont want any extra stuff to fluff out the top. Make sure you get ones that are also long enough. Dont trade cellulite bumps for squishy-ness at the bottom of the hem. Also, please dont let us see the spanx, etc., when you sit :-)

Archived