Eggs on Room Service now?

DEBnGAB

Carnival is cutting back, not adding. For room service to add anything, prices would have to go up. With the recent PR disaster Carnival is going thru, I don't see prices going up anytime soon.

Not a Carnival cruiser huh? Not adding? You're wrong there.

They've added plenty of things which means with the things they have cut, they are re-distributing where they spend their budget.

I was on hold today (forever) with Carnival, calling to check on an itinerary change for my Oct cruise.

But, while on hold listening to the "bubbly" announcements "Did'ja know...." etc, one of the announcements said "Did'ja know room service is available 24-hours? So go ahead and order those midnight eggs".

Did they recently add eggs?

Is it possible you misheard, and maybe they said something like "eats" instead of "eggs"?

Is it possible you misheard, and maybe they said something like "eats" instead of "eggs"?

I always heard it as "eggs" too, and always thought that it strange they say that when eggs aren't on the room service menu. But don't they also say they "dare" us to order the midnight eggs? Maybe someone should try it.

I've never assumed the buffet eggs were powdered, and I have also seen them pouring eggs out of a carton for scrambling.

Even the eggs at the omelet station come out of a milk-like carton. I watched them refill the container that they have the ladel in and he poured it out of a cardboard container. I know you can ask for real eggs made to order but the ones they use for omelets are not fresh.

I thought so too...but I was on hold so long the recording looped and replayed a few times. Sound like others here heard eggs too. Weird they would more or less advertise that but not offer it.

I always heard it as "eggs" too, and always thought that it strange they say that when eggs aren't on the room service menu. But don't they also say they "dare" us to order the midnight eggs? Maybe someone should try it.

LMAO! So it is literally a dare....we dare you to order the midnight eggs on room service..and see what happens. nada! ;)

I wonder – what would happen? Has anyone actually tried to order eggs from room service?

Maybe the “dare” is another Carnival secret – like they will bring them if you order them but we are not going to advertise it.

Or they have already discontinued it – for non participation!!

The scrambled eggs are NOT fresh eggs nor is the omelet mix although you can order fresh eggs there. I've been told by an officer in the buffet on pretty much every ship that I can't have them because they contain gluten. Fresh eggs have no gluten. It's processed food, a mix.

Thanks. Interesting. sorry to hear you have celiac disease. Hope you're diet is working to keep it under control.

And that's why you order huevos rancheros from the Blue Iguana Cantina (extra tortillas, or get chips and make your own chilaquiles:)) too. They'll cook eggs to order. But their Mexican scrambled for burritos aren't too bad.

Fresh room service breakfast on Carnival?

So doubt it.....ever...but, never say never, eh?

Carton Eggs: a city near me has a Cargill facility that makes egg products.

I have known several people who have worked there.

They get fresh cracked eggs in bulk....think milk truck.

They make tons of stuff, including eggs in cartons, whole, whites, yellows, or scrambled.

They also make whole and scrambled patties (Mcmuffin type)

Omelets, hard boiled eggs foot long tubes with yellow in the middle., etc...

Amazing all the stuff they make there. And yep, powder, too! Uck......[/quote]

Wow! That's really amazing. Maybe that's Carnival's supplier. I'll have a 6 inch tube of hard boiled please.:D

Take a look "behind the scenes" at Dunkin Donuts when they make your egg sandwich. Gone are the days when they cracked a fresh egg and cooked it (I am old enough to remember). Now they have sliced egg loaf which has yellow "yolk" in the middle. It may very well be real egg, and I think their egg sandwiches taste pretty good. I imagine they use it for speed of service.

• 3 weeks later...

People kill me with their manufactured pickiness :eek: I love the buffet eggs! Drown them in cheese & mushrooms! They are far better than the ARTIFICIAL eggs you all eat in your fast food sammie every morning!

I actually brought it to someone's attention after hearing it myself several months ago....they double dog dared me have eggs at midnight, and I knew for a fact that there aren't any eggs to be found other than at breakfast. The rep just laughed it off.

I went so far as to try to find a number for the Marketing Department because I thought that it was a pretty big goof, but I never had any success.

I actually brought it to someone's attention after hearing it myself several months ago....they double dog dared me have eggs at midnight, and I knew for a fact that there aren't any eggs to be found other than at breakfast. The rep just laughed it off.

I went so far as to try to find a number for the Marketing Department because I thought that it was a pretty big goof, but I never had any success.

Call Carnival's Public Relations department and leave a message that you're with Conde Nast Publishing and you are writing a big spread in Conde Nast Travel magazine about Carnival rolling out their exciting new breakfast in bed program! Someone will return your call. ;)

Same here! The scrambled eggs on the buffet taste terrible to me - not even remotely tolerable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Another vote for disgusting buffet eggs! I always get the hard boiled ones at the end of the line. :)

The scrambled eggs are NOT fresh eggs nor is the omelet mix although you can order fresh eggs there. I've been told by an officer in the buffet on pretty much every ship that I can't have them because they contain gluten. Fresh eggs have no gluten. It's processed food, a mix.

Have you ever gone to Ihop? It is not uncommon to add something to the eggs. Ihop omelets contain pancake mix. Does not mean the eggs are from a mix , it is standard in restaurants to make food look pretty or hold up in a buffet to add a binding agent. (I have an actual wheat allergy, too not just sensitive to gluten).

Have you ever gone to Ihop? It is not uncommon to add something to the eggs. Ihop omelets contain pancake mix. Does not mean the eggs are from a mix , it is standard in restaurants to make food look pretty or hold up in a buffet to add a binding agent. (I have an actual wheat allergy, too not just sensitive to gluten).

I'll take Ihop any day over that junk they are calling scrambled eggs on the Breeze. If they change it fleet wide everyone will be in the omelet lines looking for an egg with a shell around it.

:)

I was on hold today (forever) with Carnival, calling to check on an itinerary change for my Oct cruise.

But, while on hold listening to the "bubbly" announcements "Did'ja know...." etc, one of the announcements said "Did'ja know room service is available 24-hours? So go ahead and order those midnight eggs".

Did they recently add eggs?

Eggs weren't an option on the Breeze last month.

Years ago, I worked at a national chain restaurant that had a breakfast buffet. We had scrambled eggs...and they came in a large plastic bag...it was eggs already cracked out of the shell and "whipped" together. They were boil in a bag. It was quick and easy, and they are fresh eggs.

Now, as others have mentioned, the eggs are not scrambled "hard" or "dry" because sitting out under the lamps will dry them out. Usually when the line is busy, it's not a big deal as they are replenished often.

The only place I was ever aware of using powdered eggs was at a nursing home i volunteered at when I was younger. They did use powdered eggs.

People kill me with their manufactured pickiness :eek: I love the buffet eggs! Drown them in cheese & mushrooms! They are far better than the ARTIFICIAL eggs you all eat in your fast food sammie every morning!

I can put enough salsa on shoe leather make it taste good. The eggs in the buffet are REAL eggs...i do wish they were scrambled harder for my personal preference (along with the bacon) but i don't mind 'em a bit....like you said, you can drown in something and make them taste just fine. :D

Archived