Has anyone every fished off their balcony ???

LMAO Can you imagine what your room attendant would think when you ask he/she to keep your 30 gallon fishing cooler stocked with ice for all the tuna and mahi mahi you pulled in on sea days LOL

What would the expression be on my cabin attendants face if he/she comes in and see's a small fish in the ice bucket...............lmao

Costa Maya has a sign posted on the pier facing the ships "No Fishing". Plus, I doubt the Executive Chef will cook your catch of the day for you so you're basically looking at catch and release. And what will happen if your high strength line fouls the propellers...you'll have one angry Captain, Chief Engineer, and Security knocking on your door, that's what will happen!

Costa Maya has a sign posted on the pier facing the ships "No Fishing". Plus, I doubt the Executive Chef will cook your catch of the day for you so you're basically looking at catch and release. And what will happen if your high strength line fouls the propellers...you'll have one angry Captain, Chief Engineer, and Security knocking on your door, that's what will happen!

Guess that would be one large repair bill hanging on my cabin door on the final night.......lol. FYI, the propellers won't be moving while in port. :)

Guess that would be one large repair bill hanging on my cabin door on the final night.......lol. FYI, the propellers won't be moving while in port. :)

No the propellers wouldn't be moving while in port but someone posted about needed high strength line to haul a fish in while the ship was moving.

What would the expression be on my cabin attendants face if he/she comes in and see's a small fish in the ice bucket...............lmao

Be careful . .. we all know what happens to STARFISH when they are brought aboard .. .

Just make sure your balcony is on the correct side of the ship for the port you are going to. It would be bad to be on the dock side of the ship as there is only a few feet of water between the ship and the dock.

I don't know about your Salmon sandwich idea. Is cooked fish going to be good bait? Maybe you can talk to your waiter at dinner and see if they can get you some raw fish to use.

Also, I would check with the Bermuda authorities before you go to see if a license is required. I'd hate to hear you were detained for illegal fishing or going over your limit.

I don't know, we have fished with dough balls made from white bread. You have to spit on it and roll it up......

I normally don't have time to fish off my balcony. I'm usually too busy waterskiing from the stern of the ship. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the OP won't miss out on that activity either. However, they were asking about an activity to do while the ship is docked. It makes it tough to get up on your skis while the ship is moored.

Order a couple of shrimp cocktails in the MDR, then use the shrimp for bait.

Yeah, right. Those tiny things are probably only good for catching seagulls. I'd put a whole piece of honey stung chicken on that hook.

I'm sure the OP won't miss out on that activity either. However, they were asking about an activity to do while the ship is docked. It makes it tough to get up on your skis while the ship is moored.

LOL........plus I am talking about dropping my line at 5 AM. I am a early riser (creature of habit).

I am enjoying this thread! Unfortunately, I can't think of anything witty to add :o

You are enjoying it because nobody is slinging insults or telling you how to dress, where to smoke, calling you a cheap skate for smuggling booze. And last but not least I didn't preface my question with help help help.......lol.

I've seen some middle aged rather drunk ladies fishing for compliments onboard.

Eric

Also known on this side of the ocean as "Two baggers".....

One brown paper bag on your head in case the one on her head breaks. Bada Boom

That was a very old Rodney Dangerfield joke.

Personally, I wouldn't bother bringing a fishing rod unless you also bring a small portable BBQ.;)

There is absolutely NOTHING more enjoyable than the smell of grilled fish cooking on your balcony. :D Yummmmmmm!!!

A little white wine... some tartar sauce....

Your neighbors will be so envious. :p

Personally, I wouldn't bother bringing a fishing rod unless you also bring a small portable BBQ.;)

There is absolutely NOTHING more enjoyable than the smell of grilled fish cooking on your balcony. :D Yummmmmmm!!!

I have a sneaky suspicion that since I can't bring a coffee pot or an iron on board, that a grill might be a no no...........hahaha

Unless I can break it down James Bond style to the point that they wouldn't know what they are looking at.

But even if I could get the grill on the ship, one of my neighbors on a adjoining balcony would complain. I can hear it now...."How come he can grill fish on his balcony, but I can't grill a rib eye? Their is always someone that comes along and screws it up for you.

I can't stand the smell of cooking fish. I'm highly allergic. Can't people on balconies be more considerate. Oh wait, this isn't a smoking thread :)

OH MY WORD!!! I have often wondered if this was even possible, the trolling and the fishing so that I could bribe my hubby to cruise more often! Would love to know if this actually happens!!! LOL!!.

Forget BINGO, he could fish and we would save money!!!

Archived