can someone explain next cruise certs and booking on board?

Sorry f this is a dumb question, i just keep seeing so much info that seems to contradict each other?

So,

As i understand it, a next cruise certificate is basically your deposit for a cruise you havent chosen yet? is this right?

I heard they cost $100? is this per person? or per cabin?

Sorry f this is a dumb question, i just keep seeing so much info that seems to contradict each other?

So,

As i understand it, a next cruise certificate is basically your deposit for a cruise you havent chosen yet? is this right?

I heard they cost $100? is this per person? or per cabin?

You're correct. It's per person. A next cruise cert is for a future cruise that you haven't selected yet.

Booking onboard is a specific cruise you select and make a deposit on.

Both get you onboard credit for that cruise and discounted deposits. That's basically it. The only real difference between the two is that the next cruise credit in and of itself is non-refundable, but once you book a cruise, you can then cancel and get refunded. But, it's great if you're not sure exactly when you want to cruise but want the onboard credit and discounted deposit.

When the loyalty ambassador is busy and you dont' want to stand around and wait or can't get an appt, then just fill out the next cruise cert sheet and hand it to them. He/she will then process it and send you a confirmation email. That email will have a reservation ID that you use to book your actual cruise.

You're correct. It's per person. A next cruise cert is for a future cruise that you haven't selected yet.

Booking onboard is a specific cruise you select and make a deposit on.

Both get you onboard credit for that cruise and discounted deposits. That's basically it. The only real difference between the two is that the next cruise credit in and of itself is non-refundable, but once you book a cruise, you can then cancel and get refunded. But, it's great if you're not sure exactly when you want to cruise but want the onboard credit and discounted deposit.

thank you so much for your help?

So just to check, if i buy a NCC on board when i go to book, that is my desposit and i dont need to pay a deposit?

So just to check, if i buy a NCC on board when i go to book, that is my desposit and i dont need to pay a deposit?

Correct, you will pay the 100.00 per person and no further payment is due until your final payment date :)

Yes that's your deposit and the balance of the deposit will be made at final payment. I'm pretty sure though just like regular bookings if you book a GS or above you have to pay the double regular deposit. I couldn't find that on the paperwork for our NCC, but everytime we've booked a GS onboard, we've had to pay double the regular deposit amount.

I see you are from the UK like me. When you book a next cruise onboard you are charged £75 per person, it actually shows in pounds on your credit card. You can book for one person and add others to the cabin when you decide on the actual cruise, if you book for 2 on the nextcruise they will charge you £150.

When you convert the next cruise to an actual booking you pay the rest of the deposit (£75 for the named person to make the £150 deposit required in the UK, and £150 normal deposit for anyone else you add to the cabin).

Julie

Yes that's your deposit and the balance of the deposit will be made at final payment. I'm pretty sure though just like regular bookings if you book a GS or above you have to pay the double regular deposit. I couldn't find that on the paperwork for our NCC, but everytime we've booked a GS onboard, we've had to pay double the regular deposit amount.
You will also have to pay the full deposit for a "group booking" in any category.

Unless something has changed since one year ago, you do indeed pay a deposit when you book..The $100 we paid for the NCC was shown as $100 Royal Caribbean cash on our booking along with $400 from me..We then had $100 OBC also, which is the main reason for purchasing the NCC. We also combined that with a $150 savings certificate which reduced our final by that much. Someone mentioned above that all you pay up front when you book is the $100 you paid for the NCC. I don't think that is correct unless something has changed ? Someone please tell me if it has.

Someone mentioned above that all you pay up front when you book is the $100 you paid for the NCC.

The 100.00 per person paid when purchasing the NCC IS the deposit :) You can buy one for as little as 100.00 and then add more passengers on at a later date when you turn it into a specific cruise for 100.00 per person.

At least thats how it worked the last time I bought one.

If you reserve a suite at the time of turning the NCC into a specific cruise then the full suite deposit is required for everyone

Decide Later Onboard Booking for UK Cruisers.

The reduced deposit is £75 or 75 Euros for each named guest on the booking.

The booking can be made for a single guest.

Reduced deposit is non-refundable.

There is no expiry date on the booking with regards to when it must be used by.

When the Decide Later is made into a confirmed booking, the full deposit must be paid for all guests on the booking.

For Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises, the OBC will be in dollars and depends on the length of the sailing.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

For an Azamara Club Cruise, the Onboard Benefit will be a discount from the cruise fare in the currency of the booking and is based upon the length of the sailing and category of the stateroom booked. The discount will be applied within one week of the booking being confirmed to a ship/date.

*Once a booking is confirmed, a maximum of 2 other bookings from Friends & Family can receive the same onboard benefits but this must be done within 30 days of the original booking being confirmed. They must be on the exact same sailing.

With RCCL, this Decide Later OBC can be combined with either C&A Balcony/Suite Discount or a C&A savings voucher but not both.

In order not to lose the benefits on the chosen sailing at least one name must remain on the booking from the beginning of the process.

The booking is non-transferable.

*This was changed across the pond on 16th March - no F&Fs certs now...but at this moment in time I am not sure if it happened here also,sorry.

When the Decide Later is made into a confirmed booking, the full deposit must be paid for all guests on the booking.

For Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises, the OBC will be in dollars and depends on the length of the sailing.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

For an Azamara Club Cruise, the Onboard Benefit will be a discount from the cruise fare in the currency of the booking and is based upon the length of the sailing and category of the stateroom booked. The discount will be applied within one week of the booking being confirmed to a ship/date.

*Once a booking is confirmed, a maximum of 2 other bookings from Friends & Family can receive the same onboard benefits but this must be done within 30 days of the original booking being confirmed. They must be on the exact same sailing.

With RCCL, this Decide Later OBC can be combined with either C&A Balcony/Suite Discount or a C&A savings voucher but not both.

In order not to lose the benefits on the chosen sailing at least one name must remain on the booking from the beginning of the process.

The booking is non-transferable.

*This was changed across the pond on 16th March - no F&Fs certs now...but at this moment in time I am not sure if it happened here also,sorry.

wow his is amazing and thorough! thank you!

are you able to tell me what the procedure is for booking a selected cruise on board? as in a chosen ship and sail date rather than undecidefd?

This is either new or for UK customers only. I paid 200.00 on board for the NCC and turned it into a specific cruise a couple weeks later. No further payment was due until final payment date.

Edit: Nevermind, I see now where it says "For UK customers"

Thanks. Good to know as I plan on doing this on our April 7 cruise..Need to start packing..:)

The 100.00 per person paid when purchasing the NCC IS the deposit :) You can buy one for as little as 100.00 and then add more passengers on at a later date when you turn it into a specific cruise for 100.00 per person.

At least thats how it worked the last time I bought one.

If you reserve a suite at the time of turning the NCC into a specific cruise then the full suite deposit is required for everyone

wow his is amazing and thorough! thank you!

are you able to tell me what the procedure is for booking a selected cruise on board? as in a chosen ship and sail date rather than undecidefd?

On your cruise just go and see the Loyalty Ambassador and they will assist you in booking your selected cruise and you will still get Onboard Credit.

Yes it is full deposit when you book a "selected/future" cruise.

So really the ONLY benefit to booking on board for UK customers is the small amount of OBC?

Glad its different over here! The 100.00 per person deposit is nice!

Am I going crazy? I think I recall that you can purchase a NCC after the cruise up to a specific time limit. Is this true or did I make it up?

You are not going crazy..you have been crazy for quite some time :p:D...but I have read that you can get a NCC when you get home...but I have only seen that in posts from over the pond...haven't seen anyone on this side say they have done it...I believe the time limit is a week or two.:confused:

You are not going crazy..you have been crazy for quite some time :p:D...but I have read that you can get a NCC when you get home...but I have only seen that in posts from over the pond...haven't seen anyone on this side say they have done it...I believe the time limit is a week or two.:confused:

/remove from Christmas card list :p

/remove from Christmas card list :p

You mean we are still meant to actually send those things? :o

Heck at least I helped you know that you hadn't made it up :D

I am still trying to find out if they still give 2 Friends & Family certs with the NCC for UK Cruisers...RCCL UK website says yes but maybe they haven't had time to change it yet :confused:

You mean we are still meant to actually send those things? :o

Heck at least I helped you know that you hadn't made it up :D

I am still trying to find out if they still give 2 Friends & Family certs with the NCC for UK Cruisers...RCCL UK website says yes but maybe they haven't had time to change it yet :confused:

Now you mention it I didn't get the F&F certs on Freedom.....

Archived