!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Their restaurant

DSC03615_zps6097a5ff.jpg

DSC03616_zps08acf2e0.jpg

DSC03617_zps0bd8c464.jpg

That's lunch, you can order the one you like. Just point to the server and they grab it for you :D

DSC03619_zpsa86fb628.jpg

Just please don't pick the baby one :-(

And this my friends is the area that you get to hold a turtle, you just have to be fast enough.

DSC03629_zps0b827d66.jpg

DSC03630_zpsb26ce9c1.jpg

DSC03631_zps14a2ece4.jpg

When I went to grab mine and she went under but I kept going for her and ended up with my hoodie soaked in water. It took me a few minutes to grab mine, they try to stay away from the were they grabbed. But eventually one ventures out and you get to grab it.

But hey I was successful!

DSC03636_zps1290efaa.jpg

Holding the turtle is simply AMAZING!!!!! They are so cute!!!! I did however felt bad for them, all day in those tanks running away from kids and adults alike. Not a pretty live to live...

They also had somewhat of smaller water park in the grounds.

DSC03644_zps079bf078.jpg

Not many people there that day. I think it is included in the $40 day pass.

They had the slightly larger turtles in these tanks, but you're not allowed to interact with them. The way I see it, these turtle are in full revenge mode. Think about it, they are slightly older and moch more stronger, now they see a little kid and WAMMMMMMM ATTACK MODE kicks in and the turtle gets its revenge from when she was in the smaller tanks :D.

Am I right or what? ;)

GO! Turtle!

Anyway back to the pictures.

DSC03649_zps4f1e2097.jpg

These ones are so pretty, I think that is the perfect age :), cuteness factor X 1 Million!

DSC03650_zps5919afe8.jpg

DSC03651_zps7d38ad7c.jpg

DSC03652_zps0452710b.jpg

DSC03654_zpsc9b159b1.jpg

Walking back around the other side.

DSC03656_zps5dd2131c.jpg

More thanks on that side

DSC03658_zps036152f1.jpg

They also had some reptilian of some kind, looks like a crock or maybe an alligator.

DSC03661_zps8a823f0d.jpg

Some iguanas chilling in the sand.

DSC03662_zps33444d27.jpg

And back to the monsters!

DSC03663_zps95665129.jpg

Some more cute ones

DSC03667_zps512708c0.jpg

DSC03668_zps79223e3d.jpg

We did not stay long there, maybe around 30 minutes.

They have a souvenir store on the way out.

DSC03671_zpsed6ad8e5.jpg

Outside of the farm

DSC03676_zpsec3b9cf3.jpg

We crossed the street because I wanted some pictures of the ocean.

DSC03678_zps7e48e283.jpg

DSC03684_zps51778deb.jpg

When the ocean is calm you can go and snorkel through these inlets. That was my plan at some point.

DSC03687_zpsffce208c.jpg

We then crossed the street and got into a little bus again, the driver was hilarious we loved her. We had to do a few stops on the way back and also drop off some folks in Hell.

It was so funny because the driver told them that there was nothing Hell and they still wanted to stay there for about 1 hour. She then told them that was to long to be in Hell, lol.

By the way the reason it is called Hell town is because of some rock formations in there, but there is honestly nothing here but a very small rock formation, a souvenir shop and a gas station.

DSC03693_zpsdc1004ca.jpg

DSC03694_zps17dd3e44.jpg

DSC03695_zps0d05d242.jpg

DSC03696_zps66788db6.jpg

And there you have it HELL.

DSC03697_zps0aeb1215.jpg

Then we had to do a quick stop for gas, she was running low. The cost of gas is $7.22 for regular :eek:, island living is mad expensive!

DSC03699_zpsfffbfaff.jpg

The drive back was actually faster and she dropped us off by downtown again. We started walking towards the bus meeting spot as we were hungry and wanted to head back to the cruise to eat.

DSC03709_zps61c401ae.jpg

DSC03710_zpsbf3c8fdc.jpg

DSC03711_zps36282c7a.jpg

DSC03713_zps6781e0c0.jpg

DSC03718_zps99f4cd2d.jpg

At some point my mom stopped and purchased a shirt for herself, I forgot to get a picture of it.

We had fun in Grand Cayman, but I know it would of been 10X better had we going with good weather and our original plans. I can't wait to get to sail, maybe in Bermuda =)

Back at Spots bay it was a little less crowded and we were on a tender in a matter of seconds.

DSC03720_zps441f8326.jpg

DSC03723_zpsdbcf2260.jpg

DSC03726_zps5401fb7b.jpg

DSC03729_zpsdb72233b.jpg

The tender was relatively low compared to the dock

DSC03732_zps4c813f9d.jpg

MSC was using a couple of their tenders, we had tenders supplied by the island. I assume X pays for it, not sure and Disney... well I am not sure, I think they using both systems, but I don't recall.

And we were on our way,

DSC03739_zpsab5fbeb5.jpg

Random thought, For my Birthday they gave me Red Velvet cake, yummmmm. I am so hungry nothing to eat at home…

Anyway back to the story,

DSC03745_zps8787e68d.jpg

DSC03746_zps5af4c55b.jpg

DSC03747_zpsd38c4d92.jpg

DSC03750_zps00a6e4f6.jpg

GREAT review.

We sailed on the Sihloette last month, and had one problem. My wife is lactose, gluten, and egg free, so she is extremely careful of what she eats.

The MDR menus have symbols for vegetarian, lactose free, etc. The second night she selected on of the offered entrees noted as being lactose free....HOWEVER, upon reading the description a little more carefully, she noted that the meat was accompanied with BUTTERED beans...not butter beans, but green beans covered with butter...

Absolutely NOT lactose free.

So be careful and read the menu and ask the waiter or headwaiter if you suffer from any food allergies

Otherwise, the cruise was enjoyable

23 cruises and counting

GREAT review.

We sailed on the Sihloette last month, and had one problem. My wife is lactose, gluten, and egg free, so she is extremely careful of what she eats.

The MDR menus have symbols for vegetarian, lactose free, etc. The second night she selected on of the offered entrees noted as being lactose free....HOWEVER, upon reading the description a little more carefully, she noted that the meat was accompanied with BUTTERED beans...not butter beans, but green beans covered with butter...

Absolutely NOT lactose free.

So be careful and read the menu and ask the waiter or headwaiter if you suffer from any food allergies

Otherwise, the cruise was enjoyable

23 cruises and counting

WOW, your wife has some serious allergies, I feel for them. I am fortunate that I am not an extreme case, I can bypass a few items without experiencing any problems.

Thank you for sharing that information with us.

GO! Turtle!

Anyway back to the pictures.

These ones are so pretty, I think that is the perfect age :), cuteness factor X 1 Million!

DSC03650_zps5919afe8.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful shell!! I'm so sad to know they're raised to become food :( I love turtles but I don't know if I could go there and play with them knowing they will be someone's dinner soon.

Hi Gambee

I love your port pics. My 2 grandchildren both had successfull sinus surgeries today and are scheduled to go home tom'w. Pat, now 5, is going to have a PICC(Permanent Intravenous Connection)line put in tom'w and our DD and DSIL will do antibiotic injections for 2 wks.

Some previous hospital stays lasted 10 wks so this is good news

Tom:)

Thanks Gambee - I came across your pictures and reviews by accident and have read them all as of yesterday - a marathon! I loved your take on the this ship and the pics are fab. My DH and I will be on her sailing in the E Med & Greece cruise 26 September 13 for 12 nights, and cannot wait to enjoy this particular ship. Celebrity is a first for us, we have sailed various other lines. Do you know when the formal nights are, although I know you did not attend? Cannot wait to continue this saga along with all your other admirers!!

I realize that for some - the turtles ending up as dinner is a bit sad but like many things they are a renewable resource.

I had to have an aggessive gator :( trapped out of a lake behind my house - I was sad because I knew that they would kill him but the man explained that nothing of the gator would go to waste and that they were renewable as they just keep breeding. The turtle farm looks clean and the animals well cared for. They meat sales and price they charge to enter probably help fund the place.

P.S. Gambee - I might be the only person who is not fisheye fan :cool: I like it for ocean view shots but the inside shots make me feel like I've had the drink package - and REALLY been using it! LOL

Another "thumbs up" for the fisheye. I love how you can see so much more from one spot. Maybe I would like to come back as a fish in my next life.....:p:rolleyes::eek: Just kidding. I am afraid of water, even though I love cruising. Doesn't make sense, does it?

Great report and great pictures. Loving every minute of this review. Just having a hard time keeping up with you, Bugsy and Radio at the same time. I am not getting any work done. Oh well, there is always tomorrow......;)

Thanks again for all you are doing.

Gwen :)