Savor Cookbook Recipes

Does anyone know if the Savor Cookbook (Volume 3) recipes are very complicated? I am not a great cook, and I will be the first to admit that difficult recipes intimidate me!!:)

Also, I am wondering which pasta recipes and which chocolate dessert recipes are included? I tried to skim the book while on board, but the hostess near the dining room was looking over my shoulder, and I really didn't absorb much!

Thanks!

I have a Savor cookbook but it has no volume number on it (so perhaps it is volume 1?) - if so, I apologize for not being able to answer your question. My cookbook includes chocolate dessert recipes for Warm Chocolate Pudding, Flourless Chocolate Cake, White Chocolate Cardamom Parfait. Pasta recipes include Cheese Tortellini, Three Colored Gnocchi in White Truffle Sauce, Tagliatelli Con Coppa, Truffled Wild Mushroom Linguini Alfredo (my daughter's favorite!), Cajun Linguini and Spaghettini All'Aragosta E Mazzancolle.

Some of the recipes are quite easy to execute and others quite complicated.

I have a Savor cookbook but it has no volume number on it (so perhaps it is volume 1?) - if so, I apologize for not being able to answer your question. My cookbook includes chocolate dessert recipes for Warm Chocolate Pudding, Flourless Chocolate Cake, White Chocolate Cardamom Parfait. Pasta recipes include Cheese Tortellini, Three Colored Gnocchi in White Truffle Sauce, Tagliatelli Con Coppa, Truffled Wild Mushroom Linguini Alfredo (my daughter's favorite!), Cajun Linguini and Spaghettini All'Aragosta E Mazzancolle.

I have 3.

I see an Oreo Cheesecake, white chocolate mousse, mud cake and chocolage kahlua cheesecake.

Pasta . . .Shrimp ravioli with coconut lime sauce, fresh pasta in vodka, caviar and smoke salmon cream sauce, asparagus and mushroom risotto, potato gnocchi, classic focaccia, spagettini all'aragosta e mazzancolle and cajun linguini.

I'm not a cook either.

The volumn number is on the spine.

Edited by CruiseKeeper
found more!

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I'm looking for the recipe of a soup which was called something like "double duck", but not sure about the Name. I only have vol. 3 but there isn't it.

@kccrzr: which recipes are in volume 1? Could you send me a picture of the table of Content?

BR

Thomas

The flourless chocolate cake is the BEST. We used to refer to it as the chocolate nugget of goodness. We have been known to ask for an extra piece and take it back to our room. And then we eat it the next day. It is SOOOO good. If you wouldn't mind posting the recipe, I would appreciate it. Thanks!!!!:D:D:D:D

Hi,

I'm looking for the recipe of a soup which was called something like "double duck", but not sure about the Name. I only have vol. 3 but there isn't it.

@kccrzr: which recipes are in volume 1? Could you send me a picture of the table of Content?

BR

Thomas

Sure, here you go:

28488657510_17bfa3e9d1.jpg[/url]

28772756615_535d0205bb.jpg

I have volumes 2 and 3 as well as a copy of Carte du Jour (The Restaurants of Royal Caribbean International - which was signed and given at a Chef's Table).

I have found quite a few recipes that are not difficult - I'm no masterchef so simple / easy for me works best:)

From Volume 3 -- The Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with Crab Mash turned out pretty good. Others I made are: Cajun Linguini; Orange Chili Chicken with Jasmine Rice; Asparagus and Brie Tart; Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto; Low Fat Apple Cake; and the Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake.

Dommas-cruisecriticcom: I do not see anything for a 'double duck' soup or a duck soup.

Hi,

This was listed in a menu from 5/2010

Double Duck Consommé

Aged port gives this rich broth a depth of flavor

and is garnished with a mélange of julienne vegetables

Menus found at a 'cruise advice' site that can't be listed.

Edited by marci22

The flourless chocolate cake is the BEST. We used to refer to it as the chocolate nugget of goodness. We have been known to ask for an extra piece and take it back to our room. And then we eat it the next day. It is SOOOO good. If you wouldn't mind posting the recipe, I would appreciate it. Thanks!!!!:D:D:D:D

I would love that recipe as well! I have a Savor cookbook, but it doesn't have the flourless chocolate cake!

FYI: You can usually get used copies of these books in very good or "like new" condition from Amazon.com for about $4 including shipping.

Volume 2:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0979728207

Volume 3:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0979728215

Carte du Jour:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0979728223