RCI Australia website issues!

Hi there!

I've been trying to book 2 cabins for a future cruise MOST of the Easter break.

I can manage to get up to selecting which cabins I require before it just freezes up! Most times I don't even get that far before problems occur!

Of course, here in Australia we don't have the 2/7 call centre so must wait until 9.00am tomorrow before we can speak with a RCI sales rep.

During that time of course, the prices will have all increased!

NOT HAPPY JAN!!:eek:

Hi there!

I can manage to get up to selecting which cabins I require before it just freezes up! Most times I don't even get that far before problems occur!

Of course, here in Australia we don't have the 2/7 call centre so must wait until 9.00am tomorrow before we can speak with a RCI sales rep.

I've tried calling a couple of Travel Agents to make the booking but as I'm trying to redeem a Future Cruise Certificate, they can't help either as they can't call the RCI office until tomorrow.

In my opinion, i's an absolutely shambles!

Gae

When you say "before it just freezes up!" what freezes up??, is it the website or your browser??

It's definitely the RCI website as I'm not having any issues with any other websites visited.

I started a thread on this over on the Royal Caribbean section of CC and many were saying that they were having similar issues.

Unlike us though, those in the USA can call the Customer Service Centre for assistance.

I made a complaint on the lack of a dedicated call centre for RCI here to the Next Cruise sales consultant on my last cruise so she said that she'd pass on my concerns to RCI.

MAYBE, if enough of us make a similar complaint something MAY be done regarding the lack of service here, down under.

They had a sale which finished yesterday but, their website was playing up and their phones were not manned during Easter so I couldn't take advantage of it during the last days of it!:confused:

Gae

Hi there!

Can you get to the stage where you can hold the cabin for 24 hours. That will buy you enough time until you can talk to them direct.

Have you tried to use a different browser like chrome, firefox or opera??

Can you get to the stage where you can hold the cabin for 24 hours. I did get up to that section once but couldn't go any further. Just got the dreaded message - Sorry, the information you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

That will buy you enough time until you can talk to them direct.

Yes, tried 3 different browers!

The replies on the RCI CC website say that only Internet Explorer will work so went back to that - no difference!

When you say "before it just freezes up!" what freezes up??, is it the website or your browser??

No Kiwi.

It will be the website.

I had the exact same problems with the celebrity website last week...it would give me prices, I could even type in a specific cabin and it would give me the price. It would freeze, or just hang there for ages, sometimes you would need to refresh.

I would get as far as putting in information about the passengers then it wouldn't go no further. I called RCI/Celebrity and they said there was no problems (do you know that time you get a feeling you know more than the person working for the company your having problems with).

Well I got as far as payment and clicked on the deposit, put in my credit card details and went to press transmit, but it froze, reset itself to 'pay full balance' and my finger 'jumped' on the mouse not realising it had reset itself back and of course, the rest is history. My credit card was charged for a full balance for a cruise not for 12 months. :rolleyes:

So had to call celebrity and get everything reversed. They have fixed it online but still waiting for the credit card to be reimbursed.

That the site is having problems was obvious from the fact that my work computer had these problems, my iPad did and when I got home I tried my home computer and got all the same issues..so no it wont be the OP's browser.

Can you get to the stage where you can hold the cabin for 24 hours. That will buy you enough time until you can talk to them direct.

I got to that point but it wouldn't allow me to hold despite requesting and getting the price for a specific cabin.

When I called Celebrity they said ' oh, it must be being held by someone else'. My response was..well no, if it was being held your site would not give me the pricing for that specific cabin, it would have been taken off. In fact a message comes up saying that cabin is not available.

But they insisted it was being held...despite the fact if I wanted to I could have gone ahead and booked it (and in fact did a very short time later once the website problems calmed down).

Gaechann,

Maybe you will be a winner, if they have another better sale between now and your cruise date. We are in the same position, hard to decide, do I book now or hold off a bit scenario as we don't get all the perks that those in the USA have like cancellation and price drop matching. I have a friend who travels Princess and she calls each time she sees a drop and they honour it so maybe one day more companies here in oz will wake up, but in the meantime we get had.

No Kiwi.

It will be the website.

I had the exact same problems with the celebrity website last week...it would give me prices, I could even type in a specific cabin and it would give me the price. It would freeze, or just hang there for ages, sometimes you would need to refresh.

I would get as far as putting in information about the passengers then it wouldn't go no further. I called RCI/Celebrity and they said there was no problems (do you know that time you get a feeling you know more than the person working for the company your having problems with).

Well I got as far as payment and clicked on the deposit, put in my credit card details and went to press transmit, but it froze, reset itself to 'pay full balance' and my finger 'jumped' on the mouse not realising it had reset itself back and of course, the rest is history. My credit card was charged for a full balance for a cruise not for 12 months. :rolleyes:

So had to call celebrity and get everything reversed. They have fixed it online but still waiting for the credit card to be reimbursed.

That the site is having problems was obvious from the fact that my work computer had these problems, my iPad did and when I got home I tried my home computer and got all the same issues..so no it wont be the OP's browser.

Thanks for confirming that I'm doing everything correctly and that the problem is with the WEBSITE!

BTW how did you enjoy the Celebrity Soltice? I'm tempted to give her a try next year!

Gae

Gae,

I have a horrid internet connection, very slow etc, but I have just tried to make a reservation and it works, also the pricing seems to be still low.... last time the sale ended it ended at midnight in the USA.

Gae,

I have a horrid internet connection, very slow etc, but I have just tried to make a reservation and it works did you actually BOOK a cruise though? I can get right up to the stage where it's time to type in my details then it just freezes! , also the pricing seems to be still low.... last time the sale ended it ended at midnight in the USA.

I'll keep trying then!

I just tried changing to the USA site and again got to the stage where I want to SAVE this booking until I have a chance to call RCI tomorrow to redeem my Future Cruise Certificate but..... it just kicks me back to the Aust. site!:confused:

Hi Gae.

I have put a hold on a cruise leaving in 10 days as I saw a well located cabin still available. I have been checking every day since Friday to make sure it holds until tommorrow, as I have already booked airfares.

I agree that it's poor service to not have some-one available to take our booking.

Don't want to just pay, as we'll also be using a Next Cruise Certificate, but mainly because we want to see if we can get a better cabin.

I am usually on hold between 40 minutes and 1 hour to get through to their Customer Service pax.

See you in October.

Aussie Frequent Floaters.

I'll keep trying then!

I just tried changing to the USA site and again got to the stage where I want to SAVE this booking until I have a chance to call RCI tomorrow to redeem my Future Cruise Certificate but..... it just kicks me back to the Aust. site!:confused:

Hopefully your problems are resolved by now. But yes it allowed me to go and fill out all the details etc then I baled out.

Have had the same problem with Celebrity, taking full amount instead of deposit. Contacted them the next working day and had a swift refund. Also with RCI once had a reservation disappear, only to reappear the next day. I have learnt that weekends, particularly Sundays are not good days to book or check reservations, etc online with RCI or Celebrity whether they do maintenance online or not, not sure but it is always unpredictable then. All turned out well, just leaving Port Douglas on the very lovely Solstice at the moment.

Normally don't have a problem with the RCCL website but occasionally it is very slow as if it is overloaded. One problem i have consistently encountered is when i try to do a booking whilst being logged in to my cruise account. In every case the symptoms are similar to what Gae has described including the dreaded "Sorry, the information you have requested is temporarily unavailable".

I then log out of my account and book as though i am a new customer. I emailed RCCL several times but never got a response.

Hugh

They had a sale which finished yesterday but, their website was playing up and their phones were not manned during Easter so I couldn't take advantage of it during the last days of it!:confused:

Gae

Gae, fear not. In my experience "sale" is Royal Caribbean talk for "we've increased our prices." I had been watching the prices of a few cruises and they all went up when the sale was announced.:mad:

From past experience, prices should drop in about a month's time.

I can't get onto their site at all (using the iPad) at the moment!

Archived