Current piano bar entertainers

The guy on liberty was really talented - can not remember his name. One irritation was that he choose 2 guests to sing with him for the cruise. They sang almost as much as he did. He did not allow anyone else to use the mike...we didn't want to hear them.

The guy we had on the Navigator in early March was HORRIBLE (okay maybe just not our cup of tea). Herman Harper II... but there was hardly ever anyone there. The one time we walked by and there was a bunch of people there, we realized trivia had just ended. 15 minutes later, there was no one. I felt bad for the bartenders, because they were awesome.

Now, we had Phil Anderson on our Mariner cruise in February 2012 and he was awesome. Closed out the Schooner Bar with him several nights.

Edited by slvrbllt

I was lucky enough to have Matt Yee on two cruises. He is very entertaining but keeps repeating the same stuff over & over, so by the end of the second cruise it was pretty old.

I, too, am one that really hopes the piano bar guy is great. It can be one of the best parts of the cruise.

Don't know whether Anselmo Boles or Matt Yee are currently on any ship, but both were excellent. Also, Charlie Jourdan was fantastic in the pub.

Anselmo Boles was on the Splendour in Sept of last year.

We had sailed with him about 9 years ago and were so happy

to see that he was still with the company. A very talented man.

GaDawg...I couldn't agree more! My DH and I love the piano bar!!

My fave is Dan Davies who is no longer with RC...love him!!

Paul O'Shea is my second favorite. We had him on the Liberty in November and he was entertaining and very good. Great talent.

Just off Jewel, two weeks ago and there was a guy with the last name Garcia. Not a fan at all and did not spend time in the Schooner for that very reason.

Don't know how many of you were on Oasis during its first couple of seasons but during our 2010 cruise we hung out nightly in the jazz club with the Australian quartet. Recently Katia Labozzetta, the pianist, told me she was going to be doing solo gigs at the piano bar on the Majesty this Spring. Would have loved to hang with her again and listen to her play. Holding out hope she'll be on the Allure next February.

Henry Saxby is on Adventure of the Seas through Dec. 2013. Just sailed with him last month. We also had him on Oasis in 2010. He is absolutely the best. He has a very wide repetoire. Not only will he play standards from Neil Diamond, Billy Joel and Elton John but dont be surprised to hear Queen (Bohemian Rhapsody among others), the Rolling Stones, and even Pink Floyd. I mean how many times do you want to hear Sweet Caroline and Piano Man?

He is very engaging and funny without being over the top silly. The Schooner Bar was packed every night and we spent a lot of time there. I hope we run into him again!

By the way, Henry is Australian. Might be the same guy as in the picture posted earlier but can't tell.

Hi Lee! Yes! Henry Saxby was lots of fun, engaging & even some funny quirks! i.e. "Piano Man" will cost you a surcharge & Freebird or Coldplay are off limits! Haha!!! He has quite a few interactive bits & is extremely versatile. He will even give USB's of his material. Word has it he is working on compiling a performance show for the ship theatre. We were on B2B & got a good opportunity to meet & get to know him. He would stay on much later past his shift if the crowd was good. Great, talented guy.

Edited by Pack My Bags

The guy we had on the Navigator in early March was HORRIBLE (okay maybe just not our cup of tea). Herman Harper II... but there was hardly ever anyone there. The one time we walked by and there was a bunch of people there, we realized trivia had just ended. 15 minutes later, there was no one. I felt bad for the bartenders, because they were awesome.

Agree completely.

Yea, I have to say there was a huge crowd and the bartenders must have loved him!

On Freedom last month was Darren Bethell. Very funny and drew a huge crowd.

Ron Delmar did a good job in the Pub on guitar, especially on St Patrick's Day.

On Adventure was Gustavo..... excellent....