Can I buy a bottle of wine at the bar?

TheShayQueen

My mom and I will be bringing our "allowed" 1 bottle of wine each on board. If we finish the 2 bottles and would like to purchase another bottle (or two ;)) of wine, are we able to purchase one at the bar?

FYI - We wouldn't want the wine during dinner at MDR. The wine would be for later in the evening sipping (walking around, entertain, lido deck relaxing, etc.).

Good to know! I thought we could only purchase during dinner.

Thank you so much!

Actually any server should be able to get your bottle of wine, you don't have to go up to the bar (unless you want to).

Actually any server should be able to get your bottle of wine, you don't have to go up to the bar (unless you want to).

I'm assuming it would be slightly cheaper at the bar, but this is good to know as well. Thank you, again.

Carnival is always willing to take your money.;)

I KNOW!!!!!! :p

You could also purchase a wine package for a small discount. They give you tickets for each bottle of wine, and you can use them at any bar on the ship. Short cruises have three bottle packages and longer cruises have five bottle packages. The cruisin dot me website has some info.

Edited by geckog

What makes you think it would be cheaper at the bar?

Nope, same Bat price, same Bat gratuity:).

For some strange reason, I thought you're only charged gratuity by the staff that walks around and takes orders :rolleyes:, but thanks sparks1093 for clearing that up for me.

Edited by TheShayQueen

You could also purchase a wine package for a small discount. They give you tickets for each bottle of wine, and you can use them at any bar on the ship. Short cruises have three bottle packages and longer cruises have five bottle packages. The cruisin dot me website has some info.

I hear so much about this website. I need to check it out. Thanks!

By mid-cruise my carry on wine is gone. By then I have found a favorite bartender. It is nice to order a bottle for dinner through him/her and have it delivered at dinner. They appreciate the extra tips.

Yep, that's pretty much when mine is gone too. I drink more fruity drinks, especially the Miami Vice :D, than I do wine.

Purchasing 3 more bottles might be too much for us to finish but definitely better than 5. Thanks, moegr.

• 2 years later...
For some strange reason, I thought you're only charged gratuity by the staff that walks around and takes orders :rolleyes:, but thanks sparks1093 for clearing that up for me.

I don't know about the bars or about whether it's different for wine than it is for alcohol but when you order a bottle of Bon Voyage booze through room service delivered to your room there is no gratuity added. The only gratuity is the one you give the person who carried it to your room.

Edited by Jana60

• 2 weeks later...
You can actually order a bottle of wine or champagne to your room ahead of time online. That way there won't be any gratuity and you can pay for it in advance.

If you order ahead of time they don't charge gratuity but they do charge tax. If you order a bottle of wine or alcohol from room service they do not charge either of these but I usually do give the room service waiter a couple of bucks for tip but definitely not 15%!

Hi, I thought I bought a couple of bottles of wine in a separate small "wine store" while on the Valor. Does anyone know if most ships have this? I don't mean the fun shops, it was a separate one. Thanks!

It was probably the store where you can order cakes, flowers and get candy and stuff. I've found some of their packages to get a good buy.