Yes Friends, I AM cruising on Carnival

Swampbaby

Can't believe the number of friends who feel I'm crazy to cruise on a Carnival ship. At a monthly dinner of a group of us not one person agreed they would sail Carnival. Well folks, get over it. I'm going, will enjoy it, and will come back with stories of the places I've been and things I've done.

Sailing in nine days on the Carnival Freedom, looking forward to peace and quiet when I want it, activity when I want it, ability to watch the waves, make a decision to take a nap whenever, meet new people and visit new places.

I will be sailing on the Fascination in May and looking to book on either the Freedom or Dream for next year. Ready to SAIL!!!!!

5/2013 Carnival Fascination

5/2012 Carnival Conquest

1/2011 Carnival Truimph

2/2010 Carnival Truimph

1/2009 Carnival Freedom

4/2008 Carnival Fantasy

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=David - Deborah&date=5-11-2013&text=30th Anniversary Cruise&ship=Carnival Fascination

We board in 30 days!

I usually get the "I hope it's not Carnival" from them. Then I explain that the news reports were overblown and tell them about what a friend of mine on the ship explained about their experiences. They then drop the subject. :rolleyes:

Doesn't really matter, I'm confident that my cruise will be fine. We've always had a great time on Carnival and don't expect anything less now. More than anything I'm stoked because after 40 years of Marriage this is our first ever 2 week vacation. Plan on making it an annual event! LoL:D The business will just have to survive without us there.:eek:

The most vocal people are the ones who have never been on a cruise ship. Not worth talking to them.

Exactly. Yet, they have no problem driving on highways, or staying at hotels that can and have caught fire. The less someone knows about cruising, the louder and more vocal they are going to be about how they will never cruise, and especially not on Carnival.

The most vocal people are the ones who have never been on a cruise ship. Not worth talking to them.

I agree completely.

I watched a news report where they were asking random people if they would cruise after the recent incidents, not surprisingly, all that had cruised before said they would cruise and the people who have never cruised, said they would not.

I'm not deterred one bit.

Honestly, they are not my first choice. We've sailed many lines, most more than once. Disnry, celebrity, holland, princess. Usually go for the itinerary and the Dream was the only ship doing Roatan and Belize ( two ports we have not been to) that week, only week we could get 6 people's schedule open.

It is what it is. I am trying to lower peoples expectations. The shows may not be of Disney calibur, service won't be like Celebrity, won't get the perks we get on Princess. We will ( hopefully, because we understand port can be skipped) see things we havent before. Mode of transportation with food included.

As for people thinking we are nuts, they get in a car every day. Chances are greater they will get into an accident in a car or slip in the bathroom then we will on the ship.

We also go to Mexico every winter and get comments on that. Guess we like to live on the wild side!

Can't believe the number of friends who feel I'm crazy to cruise on a Carnival ship. At a monthly dinner of a group of us not one person agreed they would sail Carnival. Well folks, get over it. I'm going, will enjoy it, and will come back with stories of the places I've been and things I've done.

Sailing in nine days on the Carnival Freedom, looking forward to peace and quiet when I want it, activity when I want it, ability to watch the waves, make a decision to take a nap whenever, meet new people and visit new places.

I wonder how many naysayers there are when an automobile company, like Toyota, has a lot of mechanical problems and issues a massive recall? Or when a food company issues a recall because of salmonella? Currently, Carnival is the company with a target on it's back. Next month, it'll be somebody else.

I have the same problem. However most of the people that make those comments to me have no idea at all what they are talking about. I will not spend one second worrying about it, and I am going to have a BLAST on my Breeze cruise this month. Have a great trip!

Jim

I wonder how many naysayers there are when an automobile company, like Toyota, has a lot of mechanical problems and issues a massive recall?

I certainly was one (naysayer).

Was a Toyota owner at the time of all that consitent bad press they were receiving. My previous automobile had also been a Toyota.

Was looking for a new vehicle shortly thereafter, and I did some strong research . . . including that from within the industry as well.

My personal decision was to not repeat another Toyota . . . and I'm still loving (a lot) the choice I eventually made.

Yes, just yesterday I was shopping for cruise clothes and the girl helping me into a dressing room said, "I hope its not Carnival!".... :mad:

I just smiled and said yes, we are sailing with Carinival. She quickly changed her view and tried to cover over her mess up Lol....

Still, it is so annoying....:cool:

I'd like to say, "Hey, I saw someone in a car accident earlier...you may want to find another ride home...." hahaha

Things happen ...if we never did anything because something MIGHT happen we would never go anywhere!!!!!

I haven't been on a cruise yet but am booked for next April (unless I can convince a friend to go on a short one before then... wishful thinking!) but I am not nervous at all. These incidents that keep happening to Carnival happen to all cruise lines I'm sure, it's just that the media is keeping a very close eye on Carnival since the Triumph. I'm more nervous to hop on a plane or a rollercoaster than I am to get on a cruise ship... people need to chill out!

So you are still going to take your chances on Carnival? Brave people.

That is the reply from my mom to tell her we booked a cruise.

She has been on the Pride, Conquest, Splendor, Oosterdam, Jade, and the Norweigen Sea and one of the RCCL of the sea ships.

Breakdowns happen on machines that run 24/7, She knows that, she was assistant building engineer for some of the biggest building in downtown Seattle. She was always telling us of sprinklers that would go off and electrical problems. Stuff happens, planned and unplanned alike.

This has been driving me nuts. We cruised a few weeks ago and the day I left my FB had numerous "gee hope you're not going on Carnival!" posts with links to whatever the issue of the day in the news was.

Im FAR from a cheerleader but its getting really tiresome explaining to people I am perfectly content sailing Carnival and I don't need their good luck vibes.

I'd like to thank the idiots, morons and all those who believe that Carnival ships are nothing but bad news. It means reduced bookings for them which carnival have responded to by lowering their prices.

I have now booked a balcony cruise for the family in June at a price which is in our summer vacation budget whereas previously it was out of our reach.

I don;t think they realise that tens of thousands of people get off a carnival cruise ship every week and have had a great time.

thank you! thank you! thank you.

I'm off to buy some crazy colored shirts that will match the drinks I'll be having on board and on vacation hotspots this summer :D

Let the people talk all they want. Is it annoying? Of course! I booked my cruise during the whole Triumph incident - wanted to get those good prices - and of course, booked early saver. My cabin has now gone down $400 and I still have 2 months before my final payment... :D

Let the haters, hate.

Archived