Carnival please give us something NEW

DUCHESSRN

Carnival is now doing LaRomana (on the Breeze) instead of Santo Domingo. I believe they funded the building of the LaRomana pier so they stop there now instead.

Yeah and LaRomana just doesnt excite me the way Santo Domingo would, you can take an excursion from LR to SD but its a long bus ride. Thats why it would be nice to have SD as a stop too sometimes. It has a large enough port.

I too would like to see other caribbean island, but my problem is that yes i can do Royal caribbean which i have, but i really can just leave out of NY

i dont fly that is why i cruise instead and to drive all the way down south

to take other cruises is just not good for me i am partially disable can't drive

that long, see the problem. i would love to go to other places it is the only way i can travel. Bayonne is alittle out of the way for me even though i did try it. I am also tired of Nassau would love to see other islands.

Places I would like CCL to go Anguilla, St. Vincent, Grenada (they stopped in the 90's also), Trinidad.

Is there a pier in St. Barts (I guess they could tender).

The only cruiseline that goes to Anguilla (my favorite spot in the world BTW) is Seaborne.

I am not loyal to the "brand", I am however, loyal to the pricing and the service I have enjoyed (I say that knowing not everyone has had the same experience I have had). Additionally, my SO is a creature of habit and he likes getting on the ships and knowing where to find everything. He is also a committed smoker and appreciates the freedom to sit on his balcony with his morning coffee and smoke.

So you see, it isn't just about the Carnival name. I would be happy to sail other lines if I could pry his hands off the rail of the Carnival ships. :D

I can relate to what you're saying. My ex was a Carnival loyalist. Not because of anything Carnival did but because he is SUCH a creature of habit. We went on one Princess cruise (I actually had to lie and tell him it was cheaper than Carnival in order to get to try another line! LOL) and I absolutely loved it. But, when it came time to book the next one, back to Carnival we went. I'm not suggesting you divorce him, just letting you know you're not alone. :p

Now that he's my ex, DD and I are very ready to try another line. In June we'll go on our platinum cruise (of course I'm finally platinum!) and then branch out. I've been looking at NCL and Princess for the next one.

I too would like to see other caribbean island, but my problem is that yes i can do Royal caribbean which i have,

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don't see any island that RC goes to that CCL does not.

Forget about something new Carnival!

Just get something RIGHT - like ship maintenance

Just get back to a decent loyalty program, mediocre food and professional entertainment

Seriously... Carnival has declined so much in the last couple of years... Just get us back to where we were!

Places I would like CCL to go Anguilla, St. Vincent, Grenada (they stopped in the 90's also), Trinidad.

Is there a pier in St. Barts (I guess they could tender).

No cruise pier in St Barts, but St Kitts is close.

Forget about something new Carnival!

Just get something RIGHT - like ship maintenance

Just get back to a decent loyalty program, mediocre food and professional entertainment

Seriously... Carnival has declined so much in the last couple of years... Just get us back to where we were!

Amen !!!:D

They go to St. Croix for one

Well Carnival has made a hand full (like 5) stops in St. Croix over the past 20 yrs. But as someone born and raised there who is very up on the local politics I can assure CCL resuming STX stops is a wish not even worth wishing :)

The problem in the summertime is you only have 2 choices : CCL or RCL. All the other cruise lines are in Alaska & Europe. Oasis & Allure has outrageous prices, if you can find any available cabins. Freedom is not too bad in pricing. So it's just CCL which has more ships in the Caribbean in the summer months. The good news is that Princess is coming to FLL summer 2014. You can start booking next week, which I plan to do!

MSC is a totally different kind of cruise experience. The entertainment staff is pretty good and had everyone up dancing. Not knocking MSC at all, just explaining that you may need to adjust your expectations and go with an open mind.

Thanks! Will do!

I wouldn't call this great marketing on RCCL part. I would call it a normal dry dock and the only place that can accommodate is in Europe. Therefore, 2 TA's are necessary. I believe they are also testing port capacity in the event the want to put a bigger ship there. I don't think this is part of a great marketing scheme. I doubt when the decision was made to dry dock it, there was any thought of bringing the ship over empty.

I was going to make the same comment. RCCL isn't putting Oasis in Europe to give their passengers variety. Oasis needs to be in Europe anyway so they are capitalizing on it. I'm sure they'll do well, too.

Carnival has come out with a few different itineraries as they've moved ships around lately but I agree with previous posters who have suggested that if you're looking for different ports, maybe it's time to look at a different line that sails where you want to go.

[quote name='vigurl']Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don't see any island that RC goes to that CCL does not.[/QUOTE]

Labadee and Falmouth?

They broke ground for a new cruise facility in the DR last year - supposed to open sometime in 2014 - haven't heard anything recently - maybe it will be on 2014-2015 schedules.

[URL]http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/south-florida-travel/2012/05/16/carnival-corp-breaks-ground-on-65-million-d-r-cruise-terminal/[/URL]

I've come to the realization that if I want to do certain cruises that I have to go by myself. My first solo cruise is booked for July with the next one being booked in February.

But I can say that when I look for cruises on other lines they either sail at times I can't travel; they don't sail when I can travel, or their single rate is dramatically higher than Carnival's...and I'm talking like $1000 higher! Yes, I could book it, but then that's only one trip per year for me when I normally do 2-3 trips per year. Last year I was really blessed....I did 7 trips!!! (2 were week long and the others varied between 3 - 5 days).

I too would love to see some other ports...although I haven't been cruising that long..I do more land vacations. But with airlines charging you a kidney, an eye, and a leg for airfare, I may have to get used to the idea of driving to ports now. I need a 2nd car that I don't mind putting a bunch of miles on.

It sort of sucks for me as the closet ports to me are Galveston (1.5 hrs away) and NOLA (6 hrs). The Port of Houston is reopening, but that will still leave the same itinerary...and that's 45 minutes - an hour away from my house in SW Houston.

[quote name='vigurl']Places I would like CCL to go Anguilla, St. Vincent, Grenada (they stopped in the 90's also), Trinidad.

Is there a pier in St. Barts (I guess they could tender).[/quote]
RCCL goes to Grenada
And you can take a ferry to ST Barts from STX

[quote name='vigurl']
Is there a pier in St. Barts (I guess they could tender).[/QUOTE]

I don't think St. Bart's is interested in the "Carnival" crowd. They are interested in the "Regent", "Silversea" or "Seabourn" crowd. They'd rather have a handful of affluent visitors, each spending thousands of dollars, rather than thousands of bargain seeking guests shopping for $5 T-shirts.

No offense, but there's a reason why the rich and famous flock to St. Bart's.

[quote name='Tapi']Labadee and Falmouth?[/quote]

Labadee is just another RCCL private island, so of course Carnival doesn't go there. (Though I guess they do now go to CoCo Cay, but anyhow!) So that only sorta counts.

It is true that Carnival does not visit Falmouth, but I dont think adding another port in Jamaica is what anyone asking for a little variety had in mind! lol

[quote name='jwalk03']Labadee is just another RCCL private island, so of course Carnival doesn't go there. (Though I guess they do now go to CoCo Cay, but anyhow!) So that only sorta counts.

It is true that Carnival does not visit Falmouth, but I dont think adding another port in Jamaica is what anyone asking for a little variety had in mind! lol[/quote]
Falmouth was built for RCCL/Celebrity
Its my least favorite of all 3 Jamacain ports

Yeah I don't get it either, same with NCL. I've sailed NYC to Pt. Canaveral, Nassau, GSC so many times I could scream. Not kidding. Give me St. Thomas, San Juan.... And Western Caribbean itineraries can definitely get more interesting.

I went to Samana, Panama, Costa Rica and Cartagena on MSC. fantastic cruise and Cartagena was incredible. Just went to Aruba (thumbs up) and Curaçao (same old same old) on HAL.

[quote name='jonbgd']RCCL goes to Grenada
And you can take a ferry to ST Barts from STX[/QUOTE]

You absolutely cannot take the ferry from STB to STX and visa versa for a cruise stop. That is over 4 hours each way and that ferry is not daily or even weekly for that matter.

Grenada is beautiful I may have to take RCCL there.

[quote name='Tapi']Labadee and Falmouth?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak to Falmouth but Labadee is RCCL private facility on lease from the Hatian govt so I could see why CCL does not go there.

Archived