Staterooms for our Anniversary

Skallywag

We are to celebrate our 50th Anniversary in 2015 and do not want a party but have discussed taking another cruise with our daughters and their husbands.

We are considering a large suite to accommodate us all and wonder if anyone has any suggestions which are the best to choose.

We travelled on NCL last June and had a wonderful time with all of us but next time we want it to be rather special.

Thanks for your help.

I'm not one of their biggest fans but if you are looking for a three bedroom suite most of their newer ships that have the Haven have them. Very large and very expensive. Also very private as only those staying in that area of the ship have access. Most of the ships I have been on have two bedroom suites but not three. Not sure about the mega ships like the Oasis and alike. Happy 50th!

You might decide if you all want to be together. I might want alone time on my aniversery. (We celebrated our 50th on a cruise by ourselves.) Maybe all on the same cruise but not in the same cabin?

We're not fond of NCL. On our last cruise, two weeks ago, we were next to I think a RCCL ship. Across from us was a suite. This balcony had its own hot tub, 4 chaises with thick cushions, a small table, then a dining table seating 10, a bar with I think it was three bar stools and don't remember what was next. There were 6 sliding doors to the deck. There may have been another suite like this on the other side but we cound't see it. It was the only one like this on the one side of the ship!

So, you might also check RCCL's suites!

Why not get a suite for the 2 of you and 2 cabins for your DDs and their husbands? You would have enough room to get together. And everyone would have some privacy. And no need to share a bathroom. You can still have a lot of family time.

If you want entertainment - the Oasis and Allure are the best for shows and things to do on the ship. I like Celebrity for the service and more 'adult' atmosphere. Their restaurants are also very good. Haven't been on NCL - don't really like Carnival - Princess is OK.

You could read some suites threads on CC on each cruiselines' board to get pictures and ideas of what they're like on each line.

NCL does have some great suites, but so do other lines.

Congratulations and have a great time!

If you want everyone in one suite, RCI's Freedom, Independence and Liberty ships all have a Presidential Family Suite with three bedrooms, according to RCI's website. However, it would most likely be much more cost effective to reserve a block of three rooms. You could make yours a suite and host family gatherings there.

NCL Suite Life is amazing. Taking it one step further would be to book on one of the ships featuring Haven...jewel class and the new ones coming out. Haven is almost a private hotel within the bigger cruise ship hotel. It has its own lounge, spa, pools, posh open-air areas, and restaurant as well as butler and concierge. 50 years is a big one, treat yourselves!

We have sailed in RCI two bedroom suites a few times with our adult children and their spouses....Last time we opted for individual cabins and this actually worked out great..and is what we'll do from now on..Sailing with family to celebrate any important occasion is really special enough...Congrats and enjoy !!

Archived